Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PoP! non-titled contest of artists that are striving to be awesome #1

+6
TENIME_art
Johnni
shining knight
Airwolf
Thundermatts
hrdwrkngXsoldier
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This all important contest of artistic champs and chumps was started by PoP!per Johni calling out Airwolfe. We decided to have everybody jump in and get involved so you can show off your wares, tallents, or lack there of. It is open to all PoP! members with the exception of the judges and my self the official subject picker of awesomeness.

These subjects will seem obsure and sometimes require deep thought, and sometimes not make any since... but is is art for crying out loud, anything can be done.

As the official subject picker, I am not allowed to judge, so thundermatts and 2 other non-participants will have to judge. (We will figure this out later of coarse.)

The subject will be. *drum roll*

A Pixie Monk battling Voltron (either version) in hell.

Submissions can be done in any medium we are looking for originallity, quality, and just plain awesomeness. Judges will grade in each of the 3 catagories on a scale of 1-10 (including 1/2 points) Anybody can participate, please no copyrighted images, plagerism is bad.

Submissions for the 1st PoP! non-titled contest of artists that are striving to be awesomewill be posted on this board and are due Junuary 4th 2010 at midnight PST

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Complete garbage.

Oh, I'm just warming up.

Who else will judge?

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

im a gladiator for this one - so im down for participant Smile

johhnnnniiii - lol im still waiiting

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Complete garbage.

Oh, I'm just warming up.

Who else will judge?

Well I know fresh03 wont produce art, but i'm sure we can find some other talentless hacks to join our ranks of non-participant involvement. I want to see more than airwolf step up to the plate in this thread though.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well I am taking part even if I am one of those talentless hacks you mentioned Laughing

Johnni

Johnni
Cadet
Cadet

Airwolf wrote:im a gladiator for this one - so im down for participant Smile

johhnnnniiii - lol im still waiiting

I'm right here Cupcake. Or was that Pixie Monk? *rolls up sleeves* Very Happy

By the way. What's a pixiemonk? neutral

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would kill to say pixie lott in a monk habit but I'm guessing thats not it

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Submissions can be done in any medium

Johnni wrote:My request is that it sticks strictly to pencil and/or ink. No magic markers or Photoshop colouring.

It was his idea...

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pixie monk?? well....ok.

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:Submissions can be done in any medium

Johnni wrote:My request is that it sticks strictly to pencil and/or ink. No magic markers or Photoshop colouring.

It was his idea...

i second this notion too btw...

its the skills of pencils and non digital aid we usually go for Smile

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

or lack in some peoples case *ahem*

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

so a pixie monk is a pixie... and a monk?

lol is it a wow character? O_O

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still wish it was pixie lott in a monk habit...I really want to draw that for some twisted reason

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was leaving it open to all interpretation. Photoshop users should be crippled a bit by not being able to use copywrited images. I thought that leveled the digital playing field a lot. I'm sure the judges will take into account the level of skill based upon each medium the artist decides to use. When we have all three judges we will discuss scoring. But in order to open it up to more people I like to think we can be open minded on the form of expression. Shini needs his crayollas for crying out loud, It would be cool to see some paints, sculpting, or construction paper, hell music and poetry are considered art, throw a f'n haiku up for all I care.

We will seperate them into categories for judging and then do a best in show or something or the other. Really we just would like maximum participation.

Oh and Fresh said he would judge... so we just need one more to join Thundermatts and Fresh on the pannel. Who wants to be paula?

Oh and a pixie is a mythical creature similar to a faerie. A monk as related to the D&D/RPG character class. Just to clear that up.

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ok ok this is sounding more like an ART off than a draw off - perhaps have the draw off a seperate thing then :P

i am open to dry medium more so- like pencils, crayolas, pen and inks, erasers, even whiteout is pushing it but i dont see the harm in in it

digital work like photoshop painting - sure thats cool but i dunno just doesnt feel like a "draw off" if we go that route - just saying

not that im bitching bout it but just wanna just suggest having traditional mediums for balanced outcome - etc etc :P

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm sticking to what I do best...pencils.

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Yep, I'm certainly up for Judging, I heard that T-Matts already called the Simon role, guess that makes me Randy, so who wants their katana autographed?

**Gets his Sharpie out**

Anybody? Anyone? No? Awww.

Seriously though, this sounds awesome, from what most users have said it sounds like most everyone is going to be using a dry medium up to this point Airwolf, but I'm up for seeing anything to be honest, obviously judging different mediums against each other sounds more difficult, and will be, but HXS said something about doing it by category and then doing a best of show type thing with all three of the judges confering on which overall piece they liked the best, which sounds good to me. Obviously all of that would depend on how many participants we get in each style, as more people sign up we'll be able to get a better idea on how this will all go down.

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

sounds good to me - lol im not trying to nag really and i want more to participate for sure
and if it means open medium - i guess we'll have to see if the pencil is sharper than a wacom lol jk

as for the third judge - i suggest tryign to get one of our female friends here ... no not silent k - someone that actually has a vage - .... no not tenime ....

u ppl know what i mean!

(nooooo not YOUUU PEOPLE *looks at brody)

>_> lol!

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it should be pencils and ink only. It's supposed to be about drawing, after all.

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Categories:

Traditional: Pens and Inks

Rossian: water color, acrylic, oils, PAINTS

1337: Computer aided (again no copywrited images)

Elementry: Crayons, Markers, construction paper

Sculpt: Custom toys, paper mache(sp), play doh, etc...

Writen: Song, poem, limerick.

Best of the best: The very best out of all categories.

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

should we be seeing some entrants for this or do we need an extension, or is this dead?

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Definitely an extension. I haven't had any time to even think about doing this... unsure

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Extension...this totally slipped my mind.

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

End of the month maybe? Let people recoup from the holidays and do this every month this year?

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ahahahhahaha sorrryy i totally forgot tooo!!!

end of month is possible! voltron x pixie monk..... thats monk that is a pixie right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum