The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Force

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: X-Force on Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Uncanny X-Force #2

I freaking love this book. I'm a huge Apocalypse fanboy (ever since the 90s cartoon) so I'm glad we're getting what seems to be a big expansive return from him. The fight with the Final 4 Horsemen was great...especially Deadpool! I also really enjoyed the moments with Angel and Psylocke, their romance will be interesting to watch.

Oh and Angel's Batman-like "X-Cave" was badass!

View user profile

52 Re: X-Force on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:49 pm

The X-Cave is amazing, great addition.

I just wonder why did he ever use anything other then the Final Horsemen?

View user profile

53 Re: X-Force on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:56 pm

'Sgood. 'Srealgood.

View user profile

54 Re: X-Force on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:38 pm

comedianviet

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
Uncanny X-Force #3

Another good read. I like how they explained the origins of the Final Horseman, but didn't spend too much time doing it. And what a cliffhanger at the end!

View user profile http://vietscustomtoys.blogspot.com/

55 Re: X-Force on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:04 am

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Those nice hairy legs of Psylocke....

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

56 Re: X-Force on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:49 am

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Uncanny X-Force #3

I liked this. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first two issues, but it was still good.

View user profile

57 Re: X-Force on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:24 am

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
And this was the first issue of the series I actually DID enjoy. The origins of the final horsemen and the idea behind them is pretty neat.

------------------------------------
View user profile

58 Re: X-Force on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fantomex is the man. Loved #4!

View user profile

59 Re: X-Force on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Denim

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I so could of done without seeing page 4

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

60 Re: X-Force on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:23 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I loved page 4. Rick needs to get on the main Deadpool book after Way finishes his run...

View user profile

61 Re: X-Force on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:35 pm

What was wrong with page 4? Are we talking the healing Archangel page? because I was actually a fan of that. I like seeing a writer that understands that you can use a Regen as a magic fix machine if needed.

Seriously Wolverine could wipe out all disease in a day if Reed Richards and him just hung out and keep injecting him with pathogens till he made antibodies

View user profile

62 Re: X-Force on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Yeah this book just gets better and better. He's got every character's voices down pat. The last few pages were intense!

View user profile

63 Re: X-Force on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:22 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Uncanny X-Force #4

I enjoyed this, but I wasn't over the moon with it. I'm debating weather or not to drop this book. It's good, but I don't know if I love it enough to HAVE to read it.

View user profile

64 Re: X-Force on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 am

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Excellente.

65 Re: X-Force on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:54 pm

Denim

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Just finished reading #5. Is this the first time Deadpool has shown human emotions like that? I don't read any of the 2,859,369,606,534 Deadpool titles out there, was there something that happend to him in one of those books?

I was going to drop the title after the first arc, but I wanted to give the first issue of the new issue a chance and I think I will stick with it a bit longer, I always was a sucker for Deathlok.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

66 Re: X-Force on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:20 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I decided to drop this. I was liking it, but it wasn't something I absolutely had to read. I flipped through issue #5, and it cemented my decision to drop the book. I could not possibly care less about Deathlok.

View user profile

67 Re: X-Force on Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
X-Force #5

This really has the mark of a classic in the making. Remender is crafting a deep character driven story and seems to have all these characters' voices nailed. I loved that bit of morals and emotion shown by Deadpool. I never saw him as a totally conscious-less killer. Even mercs have a certain degree of personal morality that they won't cross, and it seems like we've found Deadpool's. And yet he still maintains his brand of humor when discussing it. Plus I loved Logan's reaction to it, like Psylocke said, his anger just seems to be him trying to convince himself that they did the right thing. And of course the main focus of this issue was Fantomex, which was also near flawless. We got to see his more personal side and what he cares about, only for it to be torn down by these hero-Deathlok cyborgs. Excellent issue with art by Esad Ribic as well.

View user profile

68 Re: X-Force on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:59 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Bigtymin504 wrote:X-Force #5

This really has the mark of a classic in the making. Remender is crafting a deep character driven story and seems to have all these characters' voices nailed. I loved that bit of morals and emotion shown by Deadpool. I never saw him as a totally conscious-less killer. Even mercs have a certain degree of personal morality that they won't cross, and it seems like we've found Deadpool's. And yet he still maintains his brand of humor when discussing it. Plus I loved Logan's reaction to it, like Psylocke said, his anger just seems to be him trying to convince himself that they did the right thing. And of course the main focus of this issue was Fantomex, which was also near flawless. We got to see his more personal side and what he cares about, only for it to be torn down by these hero-Deathlok cyborgs. Excellent issue with art by Esad Ribic as well.

You pretty much nailed it. I love the coloring team, and how they kept the same techno-organic vibe roling with its neon greens and rusty pinks. Deadpool's never cashed a check from Angel! Brilliant writing.

This may be the best comic on the Marvel shelf.

4.5/5

69 Re: X-Force on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:20 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
This book is on fire and I love it every issue.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum