Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Scott Pilgrim Thread!

+14
EireJack
G_Zatara
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Debaser77
Gojiratoho
Paroxysm
JessJupiter
BlueMaxx
AlienIncognito
Administrator
MillionDollarGeek
Spaced4SimonPegg
Joshua
Spider_Fan14
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:50 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I recieved the first 4 volumes this christmas and i really enjyed them. I like the story, the characters are cool, and for the first time in awhile, i couldn't stop reading them until i finshed the last page in one day. I think the Third book is where i kinda think the story gets better imo. How's the fifth book in nonspoil terms?

Also my thoughts of the movie; I kinda think it should be animated or something because the art style kinda makes it seem like it should. Maybe by the guys who do the music videos of Gorillaz? idk. Also Micheal Ciera seems kinda too meekish to play Scott, someone who seems outspoken and stuff but i did think a gay cowboy could never play the Joker so i was wrong about that and maybe about that too. Anyway i'll try to see it when it comes out.

2The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It won't be animated, they've already filmed it.

3The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:03 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here is a pic of the cast

The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Pilgram

4The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It is just me, or does the kid playing Young Neil remind anyone else of Barrett Oliver (Bastion from The Neverending Story)?

5The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Here is a pic of the cast

yeah i think i saw the pic on comicbookmovie.com and the cast does have a good resemblence to the characters. I did see the names of the other members of the League of Evil Ex-Boyfriends in the listings, wonder how they're putting them in if its based on the first book and EE#1 only appeared.

6The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:40 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That picture looks amazing, I already can tell who is who up there. I just got into the books when I applied to cosplay as Lucas Lee for C2E2 and I love them. Cant wait to read books 4 and 5.

7The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:It is just me, or does the kid playing Young Neil remind anyone else of Barrett Oliver (Bastion from The Neverending Story)?

Are you talking about the 3rd kid from the left?? He was in Jennifer's Body and I thought the samething while I was watching it Laughing

8The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:48 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Spider_Fan14 wrote:

yeah i think i saw the pic on comicbookmovie.com and the cast does have a good resemblence to the characters. I did see the names of the other members of the League of Evil Ex-Boyfriends in the listings, wonder how they're putting them in if its based on the first book and EE#1 only appeared.
I believe they're going to do all five books in this one movie. Cera already said there's a little chance for a sequel.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

9The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:52 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
I believe they're going to do all five books in this one movie. Cera already said there's a little chance for a sequel.
Yep, hence the title change to "Vs. the World".

10The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
what?! i don't like that, the story's too big for one movie (not 5, volume 6 is coming 2010).

11The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:15 pm

AlienIncognito

AlienIncognito
Pirate
Pirate

I recently read the first trade and really enjoyed it. Definitely going to have to get caught up.

12The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:48 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:
what?! i don't like that, the story's too big for one movie (not 5, volume 6 is coming 2010).
Unlike a certain Scottish scribe, Bryan Lee O'Malley doesn't sell his work to Hollywood before it's all being published.

13The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:58 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
Unlike a certain Scottish scribe, Bryan Lee O'Malley doesn't sell his work to Hollywood before it's all being published.
i don't get it but besides the obvious answer of stupid execs, why would they want 6 books for one movie?

14The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not sure if I'll like this. Course I need to read the books to give logical pre-judgment to the movie, but it doesn't have me amped for it.

15The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Not sure if I'll like this. Course I need to read the books to give logical pre-judgment to the movie, but it doesn't have me amped for it.
yeah, it sounds better if you read it then just a description.

Also, did anyone else see a resemblence of the drummer in the "Kid Chameleon" flashback of volume 3 to the series main antagonist Gideon?

16The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

First still from Scott Pilgram...it is Cena and his flaming sword Laughing

Scott Piligram Still

17The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:46 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Whoa! John Cena as Scott Pilgrim! Shocked

18The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Whoa! John Cena as Scott Pilgrim! Shocked
who's John Cena?

19The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:Whoa! John Cena as Scott Pilgrim! Shocked
who's John Cena?

I thought he was a wrestler scratch

20The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:20 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

John Cena is a wrestler?

21The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:47 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

What does a wrestler do?

22The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:14 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

MillionDollarGeek wrote:John Cena is a wrestler?

I don't know scratch

Tomer Soiker wrote:What does a wrestler do?

Fakes everything Laughing

23The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:12 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hey, has anyone read the fifth book yet, Scott Pilgrim VS The Universe? how is it in a non-spoiler way?

24The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:15 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

One of the better parts of the series, if not the best. Somewhat depressing in a way.

25The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Empty Re: The Scott Pilgrim Thread! Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wasn't sure if a major announcement was made, but it looks like this is scheduled for an August 17th release.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum