The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game?

23% 23% [ 5 ]
18% 18% [ 4 ]
9% 9% [ 2 ]
14% 14% [ 3 ]
5% 5% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 2 ]
9% 9% [ 2 ]
4% 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:16 pm

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I remember at age 9, my grandmother took me to Toys "R" Us in 1999 to buy me a Game Boy Color, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX and Pokémon...was it Red, Blue or Yellow? I almost cried trying to figure out which version I wanted. Charzard ranked #1 on the awesome meter but the Yellow version's box made me curious with the added title "Special Pickacu Edition"-what did that mean? I broke down and hated myself for not choosing Red as I booted up the cartridge in the car than in less than 10 minutes, I had Pickachu following behind my character everywhere I went and I could talk to it-Charzard and Blastoise couldn't do that in their versions! And just when things couldn't get better, Team Rocket's Jess & James made an appearance and I was given Bulbasaur, Charmeleon, Squirtle-all the kids in the schoolyard were jealous of me. Ah, memories...

Though Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition is definitely on of my top favorites, Pokémon Gold is on top of them all. Being able to explore the Johto region and backtrack in Kanto. I know I'm not the only one who got goosebumps battling Red in Mt. Silver. I can't wait to play the most of HeartGold & SoulSilver on March 14th...don't know whether I want Ho-oh or Lugia-I worked so hard for their cards! I also love Stadium and Snap but the handhelds is Pokémon's true home in my opinion. Smile

So, While we wait for Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver, post your favorites.

My Top 5-

1. Gold, Silver, and Crystal
2. Red, Blue & Yellow Pikachu Edition
3. Snap
4. Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
5. Trading Card Game

Honorable Mentions-

Stadium 2, Pinball, Puzzle League/Challenge/Trozei! and Hey You, Pikachu!

View user profile

2 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:23 pm

prescribeddrone

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I was never into Pokemon. The only game I played was Snap for N64 at a friends house like 11 years ago Laughing it was sorta decent, I think...

View user profile

3 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:31 pm

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
prescribeddrone wrote:I was never into Pokemon. The only game I played was Snap for N64 at a friends house like 11 years ago Laughing it was sorta decent, I think...
Aw, damn-you should pick yourself up a copy of HeartGold & SoulSilver when it releases! Shocked

View user profile

4 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:54 am

prescribeddrone

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Well I don't have a DS or any Nintendo handhelds, but I dunno if I'd enjoy a Pokemon game at this point really... with all the other games I could be playing that DS has, it would be hard to give it attention, I bet. I'd be thinking of some Final Fantasy game on DS or Zelda or something tongue

I was around 15 when Pokemon blew up in 1999 so I never really liked it that much to be honest, it was okay- but I still see it as more of a kids thing even though there's probably older people who dig it, like with any hobby.

Are the games basically like the card games? I dunno how to play the card games anyway, so it wouldn't even matter if they were the same Laughing

What makes Heart Gold & Soul Silver different from the rest? Just wondering Very Happy

View user profile

5 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:48 am

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
prescribeddrone wrote:Well I don't have a DS or any Nintendo handhelds, but I dunno if I'd enjoy a Pokemon game at this point really... with all the other games I could be playing that DS has, it would be hard to give it attention, I bet. I'd be thinking of some Final Fantasy game on DS or Zelda or something tongue

I was around 15 when Pokemon blew up in 1999 so I never really liked it that much to be honest, it was okay- but I still see it as more of a kids thing even though there's probably older people who dig it, like with any hobby.

Are the games basically like the card games? I dunno how to play the card games anyway, so it wouldn't even matter if they were the same Laughing

What makes Heart Gold & Soul Silver different from the rest? Just wondering Very Happy
Well, the only game that's like the card game is Pokémon Trading Card game which is a gem in the series but the others like Yellow are just RPGs with extra awesome material to experience.

HeartGold & SoulSilver is just a remake of the Game Boy Color ones like FireRed & LeafGreen for the DS so they can trade from Diamond, Pearl on wi-fi. Really one of these should be the only Pokémon game to pick up for you. It's very fun and addictive...the same quality Final Fantasy and even Zelda can offer. You train hundreds of interesting monsters, battle gym leaders and much more...IGN may give it a 7 or 8 but since your new, it's a no brainier.

View user profile

6 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:07 am

I remember I was about 8/9 when the whole buzz started. I watched the Cartoon & for my birthday my parents had bought me a Gameboy color, so I rushed out to get Blue version. It was only a short time before the trading card game became the craze. The amount of money I spent on the TCG, I don't really want to think about. After that, other than a few evenings spent at my mates house playing Stadium on N64, Pokemon pretty much died out. I still looked upon the cartoon & TCG with a warm nostalgia, but I didn't ever really return to them. Until my sister bought Platinum on the DS, which I stole for a week or so. Last year my cousin, who was 9 or 10 years old, got into Pokemon cards and I was given a window to fully enjoy the TCG again, but there's way too many Pokemon now for me to fully give time to learning about, so I still see Blue/Red as the essential Pokemon game (although Blue will always be cooler!)

View user profile

7 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:49 am

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
MikeSabian wrote:I remember I was about 8/9 when the whole buzz started. I watched the Cartoon & for my birthday my parents had bought me a Gameboy color, so I rushed out to get Blue version. It was only a short time before the trading card game became the craze. The amount of money I spent on the TCG, I don't really want to think about. After that, other than a few evenings spent at my mates house playing Stadium on N64, Pokemon pretty much died out. I still looked upon the cartoon & TCG with a warm nostalgia, but I didn't ever really return to them. Until my sister bought Platinum on the DS, which I stole for a week or so. Last year my cousin, who was 9 or 10 years old, got into Pokemon cards and I was given a window to fully enjoy the TCG again, but there's way too many Pokemon now for me to fully give time to learning about, so I still see Blue/Red as the essential Pokemon game (although Blue will always be cooler!)
Blue? Blue? *lol* Yeah, they are all are awesome.

View user profile

8 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:26 am

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile

9 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:43 am

Ska

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I remember with Snap you could take your "snaps" to Blockbuster and they had a machine that you could print stickers out of for the different pictures you took.

I loved Hey You! Pikachu. I remember helping him make stew.


------------------------------------

Read my blog!!!! Check out my cosplay page!!!!
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

10 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:00 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Trozzie fTW. That game is like crack.

but in truth it is which ever one is my favorite at the time. I'll pick up Silver and Gold along with final fantasy XIII tuesday.

View user profile

11 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:10 am

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Ska wrote:I remember with Snap you could take your "snaps" to Blockbuster and they had a machine that you could print stickers out of for the different pictures you took.

I loved Hey You! Pikachu. I remember helping him make stew.
Oh, yeah-I remember that! I remember they had a contest there also.

View user profile

12 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:17 am

supervenom

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
none. Pokemon is evil and must be destroyed. Laughing

View user profile

13 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:04 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I've only played these versions:

Red, Blue and Yellow - Kanto Region

Gold, Silver, and Crystal - Johto Region

I had them all and thought they were pretty good but I haven't played any of the other games. I had always liked the franchise though.

View user profile

14 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:34 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Soul Silver, Heart Gold, and my Poke'walkers today... WWWWOOOOOTTT!!!! Fuck Final Fantasy XIII

View user profile

15 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Spider_Fan14

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
speaking of Pokemon, has anyone gone to gamestop for the free Jirachi download thingie? I tried to today but my local gamestop didn't have it or have even heard of it so I guess it's a US thing.

View user profile

16 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
yes, US only. It may be a wi-fi event later though, or be in canadian stores at a later date. Did you get the pikachu colored pichu?

View user profile

17 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:27 pm

superdoug

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Woo! HeartGold and SoulSilver come out on Sunday! headbang

View user profile

18 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:24 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
we must battle the pokemons doug. Don't forget to take your pearl, diamond, or platinum to gamestop this week to get your Jirachi

View user profile

19 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:25 pm

superdoug

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Gargh! We're going out of town this weekend! I hope we get back in time to snag that thing! I love Jirachi!

View user profile

20 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:28 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
This one is uber important too. it unlocks another enviornment on your poke'walker.

View user profile

21 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:16 am

Sci-Fi

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
I remember the Pokemon Playing Cards video game they made. That was actually pretty decent.

View user profile

22 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:20 am

ChrisToPhenom


Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Sci-Fi wrote:I remember the Pokemon Playing Cards video game they made. That was actually pretty decent.
Yes, it was-it had something the Red & Blue didn't have. I loved how the characters are constantly moving and all.

View user profile

23 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:29 pm

superdoug

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:I've only played these versions:

Red, Blue and Yellow - Kanto Region

Gold, Silver, and Crystal - Johto Region

I had them all and thought they were pretty good but I haven't played any of the other games. I had always liked the franchise though.


You should check out HeartGold and SoulSilver...they're updates of Gold and Silver, but when you finish the Elite Four, the Kanto region opens up, with all its towns and gyms.

View user profile

24 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:23 am

Sci-Fi

avatar
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
superdoug wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I've only played these versions:

Red, Blue and Yellow - Kanto Region

Gold, Silver, and Crystal - Johto Region

I had them all and thought they were pretty good but I haven't played any of the other games. I had always liked the franchise though.


You should check out HeartGold and SoulSilver...they're updates of Gold and Silver, but when you finish the Elite Four, the Kanto region opens up, with all its towns and gyms.

The originals did it too. Unless with this one it includes the extras from Fire Red and LeafGreen.

View user profile

25 Re: What's Your Favorite Pokémon Game? on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:35 pm

superdoug

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum