Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Return Of Bruce Wayne thread

+30
Spazzy
Jherek
Bigtymin504
LordD3r3k
elijahdprophet
Spider_Fan14
azrael07
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
WonderWoman2.0
Astro13Zombie
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Joshua
Mnemosis
alucardbarnivous
Goof
Tom
blue halo
Administrator
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
shining knight
Foreigner_Man
DickGrayson007
shiky800
BlueMaxx
comicgeekelly
MikeSabian
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:36 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think that issues 3 was the best yet, which really isn't saying much. I'm so glad that he wasn't a full on pirate.

102Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:15 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

I am still so confused....

103Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:50 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:I am still so confused....

About what? The story seemed pretty straight forward so far. (especially for Morrison!)

104Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:39 pm

EireJack

EireJack
Cadet
Cadet

I definitely like this series, though I'm kinda sad to see that Dick's going to have to step down. (Again) I don't really understand why D.C. is so hesitant to let the second generation step up. I grew up with Kyle Rayner as Green Lantern and Wally West as Flash. I don't mind the return of Barry, because he's an interesting character but Hal Jordan is freaking tofu man.

105Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of #3 is up on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=25142

As an event, this mini is disappointing, but as a crazy, silly Morrison story, it's actually kind of fun.

106Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:16 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did anybody else think that issue 4 wasn't as cool as you thought it'd be? This mini is still close to falling into the pit of complete suckyness.

107Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:21 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 4 was good, issue 5 and 6 seem like they'll be the cream of the crop...

108Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:28 pm

jfx316

jfx316
Pirate
Pirate

I've liked the series so far. #2 and #3 weren't as good as I had hoped that they would be. #4 was pretty cool
Spoiler:
I'm still interested in finishing the story.

Very disappointed in how Pirate Batman played out, IMO.

http://realgangsterddontblog.wordpress.com/

109Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:46 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Cowboy Bat>Pirate Bat

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

110Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:02 pm

UltimateUltimacy

UltimateUltimacy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I think these last two issues of Batman makes The Return more enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

111Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Well that was epic! Just as I've always insisted - Bruce Wayne is the real Hero 'Batman' is the disguise he wears. And it's all courtesy of the Black Hole known as 'Darkseid's Apokoliptian hunter-killer “curse” machine'. Otherwise known as that damn bat that flew through Bruce's window that time.

As per Final Crisis Morrison is talking here about the underlying Meta-physics of the DC universe; that it is LITERALLY made up of story and when a DCU emotionally charged object falls through a black hole it compresses into pure narrative, depicted as simple symbols.

I SO love the way Morrison has added one awesome element now to the collection (and how appropriate for a Detective). of 'Clue' pieces - the GUN, the BULLET, the STRING OF PEARLS and now - the BELL Bruce uses to call Alfred when the idea of Batman is formed.

In other words He's never been alone. Batman NEEDS his friends. He is, after all, the Hero most associated with taking on partners and now looks like cloning his whole existence with Batman Inc.

Like I said EPIC. And I use the word advisedly. This saga has been going SIX YEARS! Ever since Seven Soldiers and 52, Morrison’s run on Batman and Final Crisis. RIP and leading into Batman and Robin. That’s literally hundreds of comics and the crazy narrative aint finished yet!

112Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:51 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed ^

And The RETURN AND INC were AWESOME.

113Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Just read the RETURN and yes it was awesomeness indeed. Loved the extra stuff in the back. Can't help thinking that some kind of annotation of Morrison's thoughts behind his plotting and scripting like this would be great as a regular feature for those folks who 'just don't get Morrison'. Looking forward to reading INC. over the weekend

114Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:06 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh man.. Inc is great so far. I already plan on rebuying it in hard cover. I just ordered vol 1 and 2 of B&R 2 days ago for 34 bucks for both! Gonna get all of these in trade or hardcover.

115Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:06 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Time Masters: Vanishing Point #5

This series really missed the mark in regards to hunting down Bruce Wayne. This could have been a cool "Where in the world is Carmen San Diego" vibe going for it where the team tries to piece together clues that the Wayne family had started to find. I imagine Rip's chalkboard full of scribbles with articles and photos strewn across a table. And when they finally pin down a location, they miss Bruce's time jump by seconds to keep that adrenaline going.

But instead we get some time hopping alternate dimension hijinks with a barbarian, some wizards, and a Starfire who is not the current Starfire. The only nice thing about this series are the glimpses into Rip's childhood.

One more issue to go and they just ran into Professor Zoom. Let's see if it can salvage this

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum