Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Return Of Bruce Wayne thread

+30
Spazzy
Jherek
Bigtymin504
LordD3r3k
elijahdprophet
Spider_Fan14
azrael07
LOOSECANNON
Debaser77
WonderWoman2.0
Astro13Zombie
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Joshua
Mnemosis
alucardbarnivous
Goof
Tom
blue halo
Administrator
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
shining knight
Foreigner_Man
DickGrayson007
shiky800
BlueMaxx
comicgeekelly
MikeSabian
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Fri May 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

LordD3r3k wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:Where the hell did this squid come from?

They explained it during the scene at Vanishing Point. It's a lifeform from a dimension we normally can't even fathom. But it appears that Bruce's time jumping is causing a break down between the spacial barriers which is causing the various dimensions to bleed together. I'm sure this is the beginning effects of Darkseid's booby trap, thus making Bruce a so-called 'time bomb' (<-Ha! No pun intended..)

Jherek wrote:
We get to see the actual casting of the Wayne Curse that will follow the family 'to the end of time'. See any connection with Vanishing Point? Bruce obviously did and I'll eat my Oberon Sexton top hat if it doesn't form part of his escape plan.

Indeed. Though admittedly, I did have to look at those last few scenes at Vanishing Point a few times. If I'm understanding the art correctly..

Spoiler:

I think that's unclear at the moment. He could just be some kind of dimensional projection within the archivists mainframe.

77Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Fri May 28, 2010 6:29 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Did NOT know it's been used before. Thanks!

No problem! Yeah, it's been around for quite awhile.

Jherek wrote:I think that's unclear at the moment. He could just be some kind of dimensional projection within the archivists mainframe.

True. I thought that as well. But maybe it was just another one of Bruce's incarnations through time, and now that he jumped back, he took on a more appropriate form

78Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Fri May 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

^ Could be. Oh and I forgot to mention my theory about the multi-dimensional squid monster being, not only a reference to the crashed alien/super-context/magic mirror stuff in The Invisibles and a cool Lovecraftian Cthullu beasty but also my money's on it being a wierd cousin of the creature on Batmite's shoulder in RIP or even a manifestation of Batmite himself.

There, I mentioned it.

79Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Fri May 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

# 2 was even weirder than # 1, but I'm still on board for the duration of the book. I like how DC is just letting Morrison just do his thing for this mini-event. Looking forward to "Pirate Bruce" in the next issue.

Also, I'm not sure if I love Frazier Irving's art here, but it was fitting for the time period. It'll be interesting to see how his style affects Batman and Robin.

80Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Fri May 28, 2010 10:25 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Also, I'm not sure if I love Frazier Irving's art here, but it was fitting for the time period. It'll be interesting to see how his style affects Batman and Robin.

Agreed. I thought it worked for the pilgrim type scenes, but the scenes with Booster and Superman left me cold.

81Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Fri May 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

If by "worked" for the Pilgrim type scenes you mean "made it impossible to tell one male from another," then I agree.

82Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sat May 29, 2010 2:48 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:If by "worked" for the Pilgrim type scenes you mean "made it impossible to tell one male from another," then I agree.

This. I liked the story, but felt that better art would have made this story better. The art, of all things, was confusing. I think I have an idea of what is going down but I'll wait for more info.

83Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sat May 29, 2010 6:46 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I know what you mean, Superman at Vanishing Point in particular looked somewhat less than super. Morrison seems to be obsessed with using different artists to deliniate different moods in his books. Sometimes it works sometimes it fails (see the penultimate issues of The Invisibles) but I like the idea.

84Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sat May 29, 2010 12:08 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:If by "worked" for the Pilgrim type scenes you mean "made it impossible to tell one male from another," then I agree.

Yeah, I felt that way as well at times. But I thought some panels worked decently enough in those scenes.

Jherek wrote:I know what you mean, Superman at Vanishing Point in particular looked somewhat less than super.

Exactly! That's why I didn't really care for those scenes at Vanishing Point. Booster shouldn't look more imposing than Superman Laughing

85Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sat May 29, 2010 12:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Personally, I loved the art. Frazer Irving has such a unique style and it worked perfectly for this story. The story itself was weird as usual and not sure I get everything yet lol, but I enjoyed it. I like that we now have a reason why Darkseid did what he did rather than just killing Bruce.

86Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sat May 29, 2010 12:59 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:I like that we now have a reason why Darkseid did what he did rather than just killing Bruce.

He's a wily bastard

87Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sat May 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:I like that we now have a reason why Darkseid did what he did rather than just killing Bruce.

He's a wily bastard

Laughing yup.

88Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Sun May 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I'm done.

I couldn't even finish this issue. I don't like the concept and I hated the art.

I'm dropping this book and Batman & Robin. I am just NOT a Morrison fan. I've tried and tried, but I just don't like his work. I'm tired of subjecting myself to something I hate, and wasting my money on it at the same time. As much as I want to know what is going on with Bruce and in the Batman world, I'm done. I may get the trades one day, but I don't know.

89Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Mon May 31, 2010 5:35 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think the book itself is interesting, but the art was just...unimpressive. Everything was too dark to tell what was going on, or who was who. Plus, I thought Irving just made Supes and Booster look like caricatures of themselves. Hopefully the third issue's better because so far, I'm very "eh." That being said, there a couple pretty cool moments as well. I liked when Bruce recognized Supes and Wondy's symbols, and I liked the curse on the Wayne family. Those were some nice highlights in an otherwise relatively less-than-impressive book.

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

90Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Mon May 31, 2010 3:20 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still have some regret, but I'm kind of glad I dodged this. I'll pick up the trade or something.

91Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:49 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

ROBW #2

It's just one of those books you leave going "huh?" then either read reviews, other viewpoints, or do some more of your own down-thinking and come away more satisfied. Again, this was a rough weekend for me reading comics (memorial day weekend distractions and all) and when a book is so dense as this, it requires either re-reading or supreme mental isolation.

It didn't happen.

I'll just say I enjoyed the layers Morrison is pouring forth throughout this saga and I'll scurry through it once #3 hits.

The artwork was a little frustrating, though I respect the talents and aspiration.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - Pirates should prove more interesting.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

92Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:56 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pirates make everything better

93Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:21 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Cameron Stewart for as of yet unknown reasons won't be able to do the cowboy issue. Georges Jeanty (Buffy) will be doing art instead.

Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Batman-robw-4-p04
Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Batman-robw-4-p05
Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Batman-robw-4-p03

I'm sad to see Cameron Stewart be unable to do this book (love his work), but this looks good too and definitely fits the western atmosphere. This is the issue of this series that has me most intrigued. Grant Morrison doing a western..will it be like a Clint Eastwood (Pale Rider, Fistfull of Dollars, TGTB&TU) or something else? Can't wait.

94Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Liking that artwork. Kinda Pale Riders meets Shane by the look of it.

95Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:36 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was good, but the art was too much of a poor man's Jon Arcudi (I think that's his name, he did Eternals series for Marvel).

96Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:16 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:It was good, but the art was too much of a poor man's Jon Arcudi (I think that's his name, he did Eternals series for Marvel).

Acuna, I believe

97Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:38 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Acuna, I believe

Acuña. Laughing

98Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:28 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

Acuña. Laughing

I didn't know how to make the squiggly line Laughing

99Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Acuña. Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 29517

I didn't know how to make the squiggly line Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 29517

That sounds like a euphemism for something rude. Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 29517

100Return Of Bruce Wayne thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Return Of Bruce Wayne thread Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:04 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #4 was ok. I gotta admit, I've been expecting great things from this series and nothing has really blown my skirt up yet. The scenes with the JLA continuing the search were cool, but I'm hoping these next 2 issues deliver something awesome

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum