Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joe the Barbarian

+5
Bigtymin504
Debaser77
jaydee74
elijahdprophet
Aussiemandias
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Still loving this book. I feel it might be a smoother read in a collected edition, those ads are a little intrusive when the artwork flows this well.

27Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:Still loving this book. I feel it might be a smoother read in a collected edition, those ads are a little intrusive when the artwork flows this well.
Yeah. I flipped through the book and loved it but I stopped getting the issues because I want the hardcover so I can read it in one sitting. Just because I stopped getting the individual issues DOES NOT mean I was not enjoying the story. I just want to wait so I can read it in hardcover goodness. I really think this is one of Grant's best work.

28Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:56 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
Jherek wrote:Still loving this book. I feel it might be a smoother read in a collected edition, those ads are a little intrusive when the artwork flows this well.
Yeah. I flipped through the book and loved it but I stopped getting the issues because I want the hardcover so I can read it in one sitting. Just because I stopped getting the individual issues DOES NOT mean I was not enjoying the story. I just want to wait so I can read it in hardcover goodness. I really think this is one of Grant's best work.

I know what you mean but I can't bring myself to wait for the trade. I'm just too impatient for that Morrison goodness Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 29517

29Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian Tue May 04, 2010 10:22 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

This book is developing into a great story, and Sean Murphy's art is some of the best stuff I've seen in a comic in quite a while. This just may turn out to be Eisner material.

30Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian Tue May 04, 2010 2:44 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think its cute! haha

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

31Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:38 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just finished #6 and this book just continues to impress me. For me, it's my favourite thing Morrison has done in the last few years.

Sean Murphy's art is just plain beautiful every issue and I love when he gets to do his big double page spreads. This guy's work is simply fantastic. Filled with great style and even detail when appropriate.

Some very interesting moments in this issue with a couple of characters actually getting a view of Joe's real world. This is a really good fantasy story Morrison is giving us here and although it may not happen there is part of me really hoping for a great happy ending to all this.

32Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

im loving it! though, im a little lost, its still great!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

33Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:21 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is on my "must buy in hardcover" list. It's amazing.

34Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:54 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/07/27/grant-morrisons-joe-the-barbarian-optioned-for-adaptation/

35Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:24 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/07/27/grant-morrisons-joe-the-barbarian-optioned-for-adaptation/

I love this series but I can't say it's something that screams out to me that it needs to be a feature film. Personally, I think this is just the right format for the story.

36Joe the Barbarian - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joe the Barbarian #7

Well this took ages to come out but I loved it as usual and Sean Murphy's art was excellent as usual. I've totally loved this series and am looking forward to the big finale next issue (hopefully won't take too long to come out). I still think this is the best thing Morrison has done in some time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2