Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League of America

+19
Demonweasel
The Ignored One
Spazzy
Spider_Fan14
DickGrayson007
prescribeddrone
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Bigtymin504
Debaser77
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
Batman25JM
shiky800
shining knight
riv1
jaydee74
LordD3r3k
BlueMaxx
Metal Misfit
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

226Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:
Ultimately, the League should have the biggest versions of the main DC characters doing super-hero stuff. Period. If you can't do that, then move down one rung on the ladder. That's Dick, Donna, Wally, Kara, Roy, John Stewart and the like. Jesse Quick is about 8th down on the list.

100% agreed.

227Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:48 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I thought that John Stewart is going to be a featured Green Lantern over in Green Lantern Corps. I had even heard that he was going to be promoted to Honor Guard and become Kyle's partner. As for Wally, I would love to have had him on the JLA. I did hear something about a Speed Force comic or something like that which would feature Wally and a few other speedsters. Was that right? I thought I remember Geoff saying something about that at SDCC.

Yeah, now that Guy is in Emerald Warriors John is in GLC. I'd prefer to see him in the League because he fits there than Hal does (although there's no real reason Hal can't be in the League).

Ultimately, the League should have the biggest versions of the main DC characters doing super-hero stuff. Period. If you can't do that, then move down one rung on the ladder. That's Dick, Donna, Wally, Kara, Roy, John Stewart and the like. Jesse Quick is about 8th down on the list.
Well said. I would love to see:

Dick Grayson
Donna Troy
Wally West
Kara
Roy Harper
John Stewart
Martian Manhunter

That would be my big seven.

228Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:09 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote: Where did you get the possible return of Eclipso?

One of the panels where Jade is having her White Lantern vision. There's a panel where Obsidian and Jade are in the forefront, and Eclipso's face is grinning in the background.

229Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh. *looks at issue again* Shocked WHOA! That's pretty cool.

230Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:40 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League of America #48

Once again, I hated this. The only thing I liked was the art. Though one thing bugged me, in one panel Jade was wearing the white ring on her left ring finger and then it switched to her left middle finger. It's a stupid thing to be bugged by, but it did bug me. Anyway, I just hate Robinson's writing. I've said it before, but it feels stale and dated. It's just plain boring.

I had fully planned to drop this book after this issue, but I'm not sure now. The fact that the Crime Syndicate will be showing up makes me want to continue getting it. Though, the fact that I've hated everything Robinson has done on the book so far makes me think I'll hate the Crime Syndicate stuff too.

231Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:35 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not thrilled the new arc has the Crime Syndicate. I mean, they were abit overdone not too long ago. I think it's too soon to go back to them.

232Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:38 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^The only real exposure I have to them in the movie Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. I never read the Morrison stuff because well, it's Morrison.Wink

233Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:47 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^The only real exposure I have to them in the movie Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. I never read the Morrison stuff because well, it's Morrison.Wink

They weren't Morrison stories. Pretty sure we just saw them in McDuffie's run

234Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:54 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I don't remember seeing them in McDuffie's run. He did all the big super villains teaming up and then the Shadow Cabinet, but I have no recollection of the Crime Syndicate at all.

235Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:59 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Meh, it's too late at night to dig through my books. There were definitely around though because I remember commenting on how frequently they were being used at that time. They were just popping up all over the place

236Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:32 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Crime Syndicate story begins on the 50th issue so I guess that's the reason they are using that super-villain team. This arc will truly decide for me if this series goes on the chopping block.

237Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just went back and re-read issue #48 and I don't know if anyone noticed but in the end of the book where we see Supergirl flying in Metropolis, the building says "Daily Bugle" and not "Daily Planet".

238Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:14 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I decided with the last issue that I was done with this book. I don't care what Robinson has done before he got on this white hot mess, I have not enjoyed his work in at least a year. Having said that, this issue was not all that bad. It was a good one off issue. I enjoyed the stuff with Donna and Jade. It was rather interesting. I really liked the interaction between Supergirl and Dick Grayson. It's interesting and I can see him helping her become a better hero. I like where the relationship is heading and from what I understand the next issue is going to have the JLA vs the Crime Syndicate which is always good times. Not a bad issue but I will no longer be buying this series.

239Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Have't read #49 yet, but I have hated Robinson's entire run so far. I want to drop it, but I am going to hold off for at leas a couple of issues. For one, I want to see the JLA vs. the Crime Syndicate. Also, I want to stick it out at least until issue #50.

240Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's cool. I just can't do it. This issue was good but not enough to keep me on board.

241Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League of America #49

Just like every other issue of Robinson's run, this was the definition of mediocre. I was so bored when reading it I didn't think I would be able to finish it.

As a general rule, I HATE stories that deal with hallucinations, visions, dreams, or things of that sort. Basically, things that are in a character's head. There are a few exceptions to this rule, but this issue was not one of them.

This issue was totally pointless. It served no purpose. I could forgive that if it was entertaining, but it was not.

I really do want to stick around for the next arc just because the JLA is going up against the Crime Syndicate, but I also really want to drop the book because I hate it. I just do not have the strength to actually go through with dropping it.

JLA should be one of DC's best books, but it hasn't been. It's sucked for most of it's current run. It's a shame.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

242Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think the Crime Syndicate might only be 1 or 2 issues so I guess you won't have too many problems getting them and then dropping the book. I, on the other hand have had it. This book just pisses me off and I don't have the tolerance, the money or the space for this stinky pile of crap. The only thing I really enjoyed about this book was the Dick Grayson/Supergirl stuff.

243Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:12 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You guys have lasted longer than me and for that I commend you (or admonish you for your foolishness - take your pick). I'll be back when another writer comes on board.

244Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I'll pick commendation. Smile

I really think I might be done. I did want to stick it out to issue #50, but I don't know if I can. If I do, I'm definitely dropping it right after.

245Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:25 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know. I do feel a bit foolish about continuing with disaster of a series as long as I do.

246Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:30 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, but you also have stength for wading through this crap for so long. Smile

I am almost positive I am going to just drop this now. I can save some money and start getting more trades.

247Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^Yeah, but you also have stength for wading through this crap for so long. Smile

I am almost positive I am going to just drop this now. I can save some money and start getting more trades.
I suppose so and good for you for dropping this book

248Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:49 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

... I still kind of like it ...

Yeah, it's not perfect, and the middle bit with Donna and Jade fighting whatshisface was a little throwaway, but I like both their's and Dick/Kara's interactions in this issue. When times a slow, that's what a JLA book should be. Yes, there was a throwaway villain fight that was pointless (why didn't he use his powers to escape instead of just hanging out until the random day that Donna Troy came back?) but I do think that things are being built up. Maybe not to a grand reveal or end game, but connections that make the book a stronger character piece and not just a big villain fighting fest (although yeah, that's a lot of what a JLA book should be).

Yes, it's still a little bland but I don't hate it.

http://www.demonweasel.com

249Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:21 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:... I still kind of like it ...

Yeah, it's not perfect, and the middle bit with Donna and Jade fighting whatshisface was a little throwaway, but I like both their's and Dick/Kara's interactions in this issue. When times a slow, that's what a JLA book should be. Yes, there was a throwaway villain fight that was pointless (why didn't he use his powers to escape instead of just hanging out until the random day that Donna Troy came back?) but I do think that things are being built up. Maybe not to a grand reveal or end game, but connections that make the book a stronger character piece and not just a big villain fighting fest (although yeah, that's a lot of what a JLA book should be).

Yes, it's still a little bland but I don't hate it.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I loved the Dick Grayson/Supergirl stuff. It was fantastic and I see a good mentor/student relationship between the two. Dick Grayson is the freaking superhero guru in my opinion and I love it. It's not enough to keep me on this book. The bottom line is that at $3.99, I expect a hell of a lot more from this book and I am completely underwhelmed.

250Justice League of America - Page 10 Empty Re: Justice League of America Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League of America #50

I feel dirty. I was going to drop the book, but I came back. I just don't have the willpower to drop it. Also, getting to issue 50 is something cool for me. I don't have any other series where I have issue #1 to issue #50 (or #0 to #50 as is the case with this series). I have other books where I have 50 issues, but not from the first issue. So, I couldn't pass up getting this.

I love Bagley's art, especially his Batman. I just LOVE his Batman.

The issue itself wasn't horrible, but I certainly didn't love it. I had some cool elements, but it felt stale and old fashioned (just like all of Robinson's run so far). It also didn't feel very deep. In this I mean it felt like a very artificial, shallow story. Things just seemed to be thrown at us. It all felt silly. Like a bad Saturday morning cartoon.

I want to drop this book, but I don't think I'm going to. I think I'm just going to ride it out and pray for the day when Robinson leaves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum