Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Thread

+30
TheBrownLantern
Debaser77
Heytherejeffro
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
hrdwrkngXsoldier
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
dmahoney
G_Zatara
Foreigner_Man
Mnemosis
KingJoffers
Fresh03
vikoros
Jango Fett
shiky800
The Ignored One
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
Administrator
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
Sandman
Bigtymin504
Chi-Town Spidey
Spider_Fan14
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 15]

176The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Avengers Prime: Siege Aftermath

The Avengers Thread - Page 8 AvengersPrime

5-issue mini by Bendis and Alan Davis. Its the story of how Steve, Tony, and Thor reconcile for the Heroic Age.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/107/1073387p1.html
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/avengers-prime-siege-aftermath-100302.html

So much awesome stuff on the horizon. Smile
Thinking about it, I suspect this is going to be a 5 issue conversation. neutral

177The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:31 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm just glad Clint Barton is slinging his bow again.

/dirty?

178The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers #1

Spoiler:

Oh snap! Laughing

(On a side note, I think this should probably become the official "Avengers Discussion and Reviews" thread since we've done all the discussing here. What do you think jaydee or mods?)

179The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:11 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

^ I like it! I wondered what they were going to do with that character, after how they left him.

180The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Avengers #1

Spoiler:

Oh snap! Laughing

(On a side note, I think this should probably become the official "Avengers Discussion and Reviews" thread since we've done all the discussing here. What do you think jaydee or mods?)

I'm still iffy on the art. Iron Man looks WAY too square. His new armor is supposed to be sleek. Also, the way Spider-Woman's hair comes out of her costume looks weird. She almost has a mullet.

181The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:30 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:

Spoiler:

Oh snap! Laughing

I'm still iffy on the art. Iron Man looks WAY too square. His new armor is supposed to be sleek. Also, the way Spider-Woman's hair comes out of her costume looks weird. She almost has a mullet.
Yeah its just JRJR's style, but don't judge him by covers because that's definitely not his strength. His art is unconventional but it really works great for interiors. He's a great storyteller with his art and is a master with action and motion. I have a feeling the interiors will be awesome on this.

182The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:55 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Spoiler:

Oh snap! Laughing

Yeah its just JRJR's style, but don't judge him by covers because that's definitely not his strength. His art is unconventional but it really works great for interiors. He's a great storyteller with his art and is a master with action and motion. I have a feeling the interiors will be awesome on this.

Oh, I like JRJR for the most part. I loved his work on Amazing Spider-Man. I just think he has a problem drawing Iron Man. He can't seem to draw him in a sleek suit. He looked square/boxy in World War Hulk as well.

183The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:02 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Spoiler:

Oh snap! Laughing

Oh, I like JRJR for the most part. I loved his work on Amazing Spider-Man. I just think he has a problem drawing Iron Man. He can't seem to draw him in a sleek suit. He looked square/boxy in World War Hulk as well.
Yeah his Iron Man tends to be a little bulky (although I think it worked well for the Hulkbuster armor in WWH). His Iron Man on this cover actually looks slightly sleeker than usual, but still bulkier than the new armor is supposed to be. Looks like he's trying but his style is just too set in stone lol.

184The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:52 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Spoiler:

Oh snap! Laughing

Can't help but notice that they snuck Steve Rogers in there..

185The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:56 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JRJR's art is making me cry and wanting to punch babies. Seriously, It bad and he should feel bad for drawing this.

186The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:50 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh. I don't mind it. I feel like it's not like it once was but it's not horrible.

187The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:14 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Like I said before, the art is good, but if it can't handle Bendis dialogue then the book most likely isn't going to work.

Also since the villain of arc one is Kang and Bendis is promising a new spin, should I be worried? I still remember his 'new spin' on Ultron..

188The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:Like I said before, the art is good, but if it can't handle Bendis dialogue then the book most likely isn't going to work.

Also since the villain of arc one is Kang and Bendis is promising a new spin, should I be worried? I still remember his 'new spin' on Ultron..
Did you not like that Ultron story? I thought it was a great arc.

189The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

No, I liked the arc, I just think the whole female Ultron was wierd. I mean 1)Tony became a female and 2) I thought Jocasta was essentially the female ultron. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think the whole female Ultron was kinda stupid (although Cho did a great job on her). That's also my problem with JMS' Thor..Loki's a woman (although I've heard there's some kind of explanation for it)! I don't want the same happening to Kang, because the whole sex-change thing seems silly and too gimmicky IMO.

190The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:Like I said before, the art is good, but if it can't handle Bendis dialogue then the book most likely isn't going to work.

A new spin? Aw crap....
The Avengers Thread - Page 8 12665410
I don't hate new things, but I'm cautious as fuck when Bendis is involved.

As for the Ultron arc, this was me after reading it:
The Avengers Thread - Page 8 12678510
It was not horrid, but it was far from great.

Bendis....shake my head . This is him trying to go cosmic isn't it? He's expressed interest in writing cosmic and marvel space stories. Which scares me quite shitless.

191The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm looking forward to this. I love Bendis and a I welcome whatever kind of new spin he has for Kang.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

192The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:41 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:No, I liked the arc, I just think the whole female Ultron was wierd. I mean 1)Tony became a female and 2) I thought Jocasta was essentially the female ultron. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think the whole female Ultron was kinda stupid (although Cho did a great job on her). That's also my problem with JMS' Thor..Loki's a woman (although I've heard there's some kind of explanation for it)! I don't want the same happening to Kang, because the whole sex-change thing seems silly and too gimmicky IMO.
I see where you're coming from, but there was a reason for it. Ultron took the form of Janet van Dyne, aka Wasp, to basically piss off his "father" Hank Pym. So it wasn't just a random female form or anything. Oh and trust me, the Loki female form thing was done for very interesting reasons by JMS.

193The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Bendis....shake my head . This is him trying to go cosmic isn't it? He's expressed interest in writing cosmic and marvel space stories. Which scares me quite shitless.

Hey! Don't make me come and bash Morrison every 5 minutes! tongue Wink

194The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:14 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Bendis25JM

The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Brian-michael-bendis

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

195The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:03 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Bendis25JM

The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Brian-michael-bendis

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

196The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Foreigner_Man wrote:No, I liked the arc, I just think the whole female Ultron was wierd. I mean 1)Tony became a female and 2) I thought Jocasta was essentially the female ultron. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think the whole female Ultron was kinda stupid (although Cho did a great job on her). That's also my problem with JMS' Thor..Loki's a woman (although I've heard there's some kind of explanation for it)! I don't want the same happening to Kang, because the whole sex-change thing seems silly and too gimmicky IMO.
I see where you're coming from, but there was a reason for it. Ultron took the form of Janet van Dyne, aka Wasp, to basically piss off his "father" Hank Pym. So it wasn't just a random female form or anything. Oh and trust me, the Loki female form thing was done for very interesting reasons by JMS.
I guess it makes sense, but I still find it gimmicky. They could have just used Jocasta or a new kind of Jocasta, instead of just making Ultron have boobs for one storyline.

Man, I wish I bought the second volume of Thor..first volume was just amazing.

197The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:56 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
I guess it makes sense, but I still find it gimmicky. They could have just used Jocasta or a new kind of Jocasta, instead of just making Ultron have boobs for one storyline.

Man, I wish I bought the second volume of Thor..first volume was just amazing.
Well to be fair, everything in superhero comics is at least a little gimmicky lol. I don't really see why they would have included Jocasta though, Ultron is the bad guy and just decided to return in a slightly different form.

Yeah definitely read the rest of JMS's run, its fantastic. I think there's a Thor omnibus on the way collecting his whole run, which was kinda cut short but ultimately wrapped up masterfully by Kieron Gillen.

198The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:04 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote: I don't really see why they would have included Jocasta though, Ultron is the bad guy and just decided to return in a slightly different form.
don't know IDK, just my personal opinion. Besides, based on that cover Wonder Man may be going back to the dark side, don't see why Jocasta couldn't have.
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Well to be fair, everything in superhero comics is at least a little gimmicky lol.
Bah! Got me there! 'till next time Tymin, till next time..

Bigtymin504 wrote:Yeah definitely read the rest of JMS's run, its fantastic. I think there's a Thor omnibus on the way collecting his whole run, which was kinda cut short but ultimately wrapped up masterfully by Kieron Gillen.
Grr..really wanna buy it now! Too bad I have to wait a couple months.

199The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Marvel is doing some kind of "Avengers Day" on May 19th, the day Avengers #1 comes out.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25377

What stood out to me was the poster, I think it's the first time we're seeing the Spidey/Wolvie one.
The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Avengers_JRJr_Gatefold_02

200The Avengers Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:03 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

[quote="Bigtymin504"]Avengers #1

Spoiler:

Simon's back!! Always had a soft spot for the West Coast Avengers members.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum