Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Thread

+30
TheBrownLantern
Debaser77
Heytherejeffro
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
hrdwrkngXsoldier
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
dmahoney
G_Zatara
Foreigner_Man
Mnemosis
KingJoffers
Fresh03
vikoros
Jango Fett
shiky800
The Ignored One
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
Administrator
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
Sandman
Bigtymin504
Chi-Town Spidey
Spider_Fan14
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

26The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:58 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I'm a designer, so I'm well aware of the tools of the trade here. That is a TERRIBLE cover. That is, of course, unless this is one chunk of a larger team shot PhotoShopped out. The image as it is now honestly looks hackneyed and cheap. Now, put it on an actual background and make a real composition out of it, and you've got a winner, which is the plan, most likely. The Cabal image lacked trade dress as an actual cover when we first saw it, but it was still a finished piece of art, you know? This looks like nothing. Nothing that was pulled from something, sure, but still nothing.

Jimmy Cheung didn't draw this just so they could slap it on a gradient background. There has to be more to it.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

27The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee wrote:I'm a designer, so I'm well aware of the tools of the trade here. That is a TERRIBLE cover. That is, of course, unless this is one chunk of a larger team shot PhotoShopped out. The image as it is now honestly looks hackneyed and cheap. Now, put it on an actual background and make a real composition out of it, and you've got a winner, which is the plan, most likely. The Cabal image lacked trade dress as an actual cover when we first saw it, but it was still a finished piece of art, you know? This looks like nothing. Nothing that was pulled from something, sure, but still nothing.

Jimmy Cheung didn't draw this just so they could slap it on a gradient background. There has to be more to it.
Well that's exactly what I'm saying. If they do use this as a cover eventually, they would likely put a better background and everything. Just saying, I doubt they would get Cheung to do this just for a teaser, I have a feeling we'll see it on something later.

28The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:32 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read the articel today at school when I noticed in the USA Today that one of my friends was reading. Some people looked at my funny when I said "What the fuck's a gorilla doing with the Avengers!?"

29The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If this is indeed the new Avengers line up that'll mean there'll be a gorilla on both the Avengers and the JLA.

30The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Couple more articles:
[Also, Clint back as Hawkeye = WIN.

(Whoa, does Clint have a bionic arm or is that just a sleeve on one arm and not the other??) huh

I have wanted Clint to be Hawkeye for the longest time. I think one sleeve is longer than the other. If you ever seen archers use a bow and arrow, they do have a covering on the arm with the bow in order to protect the arm from the arrow. It's probably part style part function.

31The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:51 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Bendis twittered a link to a USA Today article talking to Joe Q, and announcing the Heroic Age of Marvel Comics, this was the accompaning banner
The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Marvelheroicagex-topper-medium

Could these be the Avengers? Discuss
also here is the article:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/comics/2010-01-27-marvel27_ST_N.htm

Besides the Gorilla guy, I really like that lineup A LOT.

The Thing, Spidey and Beast? Awesome!

32The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:53 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gorilla-man is awesome and I imagine he'll be the breakout star of the team.

33The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:24 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope his character is what you say it is because the whole giant Gorilla character design always seemed uninteresting to me. I don't know anything about him, but I find that Congorilla from DC is a bit 'blah' so naturally seeing a character like this makes me be skeptical.

But if he's a cool character, then it should be fine.

34The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, different strokes for different folks, but I loved him in Agents of Atlas. Also, he's not a giant gorilla, he's a regular sized gorilla. And he wears clothes and fires machine guns. Knowing Bendis' penchant for dialogue and witty characters, I have full faith that Gorilla-man is in good hands. I imagine most people who are unfamiliar with the character don't have much interest in him and I think he's going to surprise a lot of folks. This time next year everyone will love Gorilla-man.

35The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Who said there's no originality in mainstream comics anymore?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

36The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I'd miss Wolverine and Spider-Woman a lot, but I wouldn't mind if this was the team. However, it seems odd that Mockingbird wouldn't be a member since Bendis went through all the trouble of bringing her back. Also, Luke Cage not being there seems weird since Bendis is such a fan of him.

I'd be thrilled if Beast returned to the Avengers. He had been getting the shaft in the X books as of late, and it'd be nice if he was once again a member of Marvel's premiere team.

Clint back as Hawkeye would be cool, but I really really really like him as Ronin.

Bigtymin504 wrote:Couple more articles:
I just noticed that the article said the creators contributing to The Heroic Age will be Brian Michael Bendis, Ed Brubaker, Jonathan Hickman and John Romita Jr. Man, the idea of Bru taking on an Avengers book sounds awesome...probably the Cap related one. *crosses-fingers*

As much as I LOVE Brubaker (and it's a lot) I don't know if I'd want him on an Avengers book. His Uncanny X-Men run was mediocre at best. I'm not sure if he's cut out for a team book.
Even though Mockingbird, Luke Cage, Wolverine and Spider-Woman aren't shown here doesn't mean they're not on an Avengers team. Even as I typed all those names and thinking about them, they look suspiciously like what could be the core of a street level Avengers team. This is all theory here of course, but if Brubaker's writing one of the books then that may be the one. I have to agree, though, that I wasn't a huge fan either of his X-Men stuff but maybe that was the wrong kind of team for him.

Lee wrote:For the record, I don't think that's a cover image. If it is, it sucks beyond words.
I agree - I think it's pretty obviously some kind of promo art.

Batman25JM wrote:If this is indeed the new Avengers line up that'll mean there'll be a gorilla on both the Avengers and the JLA.
It seems kind of ridiculous that that could happen at the same time. Some things that have happened over the last couple of years I could put down to coincidence but the timing of this seems a little more than coincidence. Although if it had said in the stories that Jeff Parker was writing one of the books I wouldn't have been surprised.

37The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That would be interesting if the JLA and Avengers both had a Gorilla on their team.

38The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:07 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gorillas must be hot right now. Oh who am I kidding? Talking gorillas are always in fashion.

39The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Talking Gorillas = Instant Win.

40The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:30 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Well, different strokes for different folks, but I loved him in Agents of Atlas. Also, he's not a giant gorilla, he's a regular sized gorilla. And he wears clothes and fires machine guns. Knowing Bendis' penchant for dialogue and witty characters, I have full faith that Gorilla-man is in good hands. I imagine most people who are unfamiliar with the character don't have much interest in him and I think he's going to surprise a lot of folks. This time next year everyone will love Gorilla-man.

If that's the case, then cool. I just hope he's more interesting than Congorilla Wink

What's his origin anyway? Mutant gorilla or what?

41The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:38 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Okay, so since there are no black members on the team, is Luke Cage going to snap and start some shit up?

Here's his new team...

The Black Avengers:

-Blade
-Black Panther
-Doctor Voodoo
-Luke Cage/Power Man
-Night Thrasher
-Patriot
-Storm
-Triathalon
-War Machine

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

42The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:14 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

If that is the line up, it seems interesting, but they needed one more classic Avenger: The Vision. He's been a part of just as many good Avengers stories as anybody, and it's time for him to be brought back into the fold.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

43The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:03 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

LOOSECANNON wrote:Okay, so since there are no black members on the team, is Luke Cage going to snap and start some shit up?

Here's his new team...

The Black Avengers:

-Blade
-Black Panther
-Doctor Voodoo
-Luke Cage/Power Man
-Night Thrasher
-Patriot
-Storm
-Triathalon
-War Machine
The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Facepalm2ic7copyrl2-jpg

I like many of the characters on this list, but come on... a team based on race is so 1996.

44The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really really want to know if this is the new team. It's driving me nuts. It just seems weird if this is just a general promo picture. I get why they'd have Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and Spider-Man (and maybe even Hawkeye and The Thing), but the others seem like odd picks if this isn't a picture of the team. You'd think if they were going to put an X-Man in the pic they'd go with Wolverine. And I can see no reason why they'd put Gorilla-Man in the picture if he isn't on the team.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

45The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm curious too as if this is the lineup or not as well.

46The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:03 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i would like to see beast on the avengers. he just left nation x in uncanny and i think it would be a good place for him to go

47The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:12 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Tomer, I was being facetious (Black Avengers? Ha). Remember the Triathalon guy in Avengers Assembled? Nuff said.

What I don't get is, having 2 essential beasts with Gorilla-Man and...Beast. Little much? Why one girl?

Something's fishy about all this...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

48The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:25 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You guys seem to be putting too much stock into this image. I'm almost positive this isn't the actual Avengers line up guys, its more just a cross section of the MU for The Heroic Age I'd say.

49The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Must be the new Power Pack.

50The Avengers Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:49 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Must be the new Power Pack.

I've been waiting for a new Power Pack team. That would rule.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum