Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Avengers Thread

+30
TheBrownLantern
Debaser77
Heytherejeffro
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
hrdwrkngXsoldier
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
dmahoney
G_Zatara
Foreigner_Man
Mnemosis
KingJoffers
Fresh03
vikoros
Jango Fett
shiky800
The Ignored One
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
Administrator
prescribeddrone
comicgeekelly
Batman25JM
Sandman
Bigtymin504
Chi-Town Spidey
Spider_Fan14
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 15]

351The Avengers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Avengers: Prime #5

Good end to an extraordinarily fun mini, complete with some of Alan Davis' finest work in some time. Of course the contradictions between this and Gillen's penned Thor books post-Siege arise, but in the end it all doesn't matter. Sure, the story didn't end up the heated debacle--ala Civil War--most of us perhaps expected, but this journey to reinstate the nine realms did what it merely accomplished: getting the band back together once again.

p.s. If Bill Clinton messes with an overweight inturn, who's to blame Steve Rogers for gettin' a little fancy with a purple gypsy woman?
3.5/5

There's a "Prime" thread, LC. Wink

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/t3821p20-avengers-prime

352The Avengers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I looooove this book!

353The Avengers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:59 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers #9

Another great issue in this arc. I liked how The Hood got out of prison and got the information on the Infinity Gems from that imprisoned Inhuman. Also liked the heated confrontation between Steve and Tony about the Illuminati. Their relationship continues to be awkwardly tense. And I don't care what anyone says but JRJR's art was very good this issue. Wink

354The Avengers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers #9

Loved it. The Steve/Tony stuff is what made the book for me.

I also love that the different Avengers teams are all together. I hope that continues to be an element of this book from time to time.

I liked JRJR's art more this issue than normal. I'm still not huge on it, but I wasn't hating it with a fiery passion. I actually quite liked the look of Iron Man despite him being blocky. I think the coloring was the main reason I liked his look though.

I still did have some big problems with the art though. Beast had a freakin' beard!! What the hell? Also, JRJR still can't draw Spider-Woman for crap, and I don't get what's up with the Hood's hair. He had long hair when we first saw him in this arc, but here, in a flashback to just before we first see him in the arc he has short hair. That bugs me.

355The Avengers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:24 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Avengers #9

Another great issue in this arc. I liked how The Hood got out of prison and got the information on the Infinity Gems from that imprisoned Inhuman. Also liked the heated confrontation between Steve and Tony about the Illuminati. Their relationship continues to be awkwardly tense. And I don't care what anyone says but JRJR's art was very good this issue. Wink

Batman25JM wrote:Avengers #9

Loved it. The Steve/Tony stuff is what made the book for me.

I also love that the different Avengers teams are all together. I hope that continues to be an element of this book from time to time.

I liked JRJR's art more this issue than normal. I'm still not huge on it, but I wasn't hating it with a fiery passion. I actually quite liked the look of Iron Man despite him being blocky. I think the coloring was the main reason I liked his look though.

I still did have some big problems with the art though. Beast had a freakin' beard!! What the hell? Also, JRJR still can't draw Spider-Woman for crap, and I don't get what's up with the Hood's hair. He had long hair when we first saw him in this arc, but here, in a flashback to just before we first see him in the arc he has short hair. That bugs me.

Yeah, good issue, guys, I agree. I like how it's all come together. Got to agree with Bats though - I'm really not liking the art - Beast DID look ridiculous.

Just when you think Steve and Tony have moved forward, then this sets them back. I think, to be fair, this group existed long before now and since Siege and Steve coming back I would think Tony hasn't even thought about the Illuminati so I really don't think he's deliberately kept the info from Steve during that time. Steve's maybe being a little unfair here but I guess Tony doesn't have a great track record.

356The Avengers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Better art, great exposition, best issue in a little bit.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

357The Avengers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:08 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Avengers #10

I like where this is going, but I don't like what it's doing. And the best part of all these Avengers books is the mock-interview sections in the back and this month they're missing. Instead, Marvel decided to include Heroes 4 Hire #1, which to those who didn't bother to buy it is a just reward, but for the rest of us: blah. Means you guys got it for free and we didn't.

Are the sales on that book that bad?

2.5/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

358The Avengers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

Avengers #10 wasn't too bad, but it was no where near the best issue yet, but I like where this is going, hopefully the Hood becomes something threatening again.

359The Avengers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:12 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers #10

I liked this. It was by no means fantastic, but it had some cool moments. I liked the stuff with the Protector not being able to understand Spider-Man.

The overall story is just meh for me.

I hadn't read the new Heroes for Hire series yet, so I benefited from the free reprint in the back. I liked it. I may have to check the series out in trade.

360The Avengers Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Avengers Thread Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:25 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Avengers #10

I liked this. It was by no means fantastic, but it had some cool moments. I liked the stuff with the Protector not being able to understand Spider-Man.

The overall story is just meh for me.

I hadn't read the new Heroes for Hire series yet, so I benefited from the free reprint in the back. I liked it. I may have to check the series out in trade.

Yeah that was pretty cool to get a fairly new comic for free.

I thoroughly enjoyed #10 too. It was great to see the Illuminati's hiding places for the Gems. I'm wondering how the heck they're gonna stop Hood though...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum