Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT.

+6
melvinlikechris
comicgeekelly
Fresh03
krpykrwly
prescribeddrone
azrael07
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Empty The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

The final episode of ECW on SyFy airs on March 23rd, with the debut of "WWE NXT" to air on March 2nd. The episode will likely be taped that evening from Wichita, Kansas.

WWE has registered the trademark NXT, for "the production and exhibition of professional wrestling events rendered live and through the media of television" Sources within WWE that the ECW show will be re-branded as WWE NXT, with NXT standing for next generation.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ECW was dead for a while anyway.

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No qualms here.

Not entirely keen on the name but fully support the idea.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

1995 called, they want their name back, although it is airing on SyFy so I guess it makes sense.

The concept is good, ECW has essentially been the step between FCW and the main roster for a while so I've got no problem with them calling it what it is, now you've got to wonder if they're going to change the format of the show up a bit as well, probably not, just renaming to get a surge of ratings, whatever, I'll check out the first episode to see what the deal is.

Plus they can finally stop abusing the ECW name, lol.

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

im curious as to if they are going to have a new title belt...

and if they'll just hand it to Christian or hold a tournament...

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The ECW name has needed to have been changed for awhile, but this new name is full of fail.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WWE= FAIL.

8The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Empty Re: The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:12 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can they get some new girls up in this bitch? I mean im tired of watching the same ones flipping their hair back.

Maybe some ROH guys and girls.

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Maybe some ROH guys and girls.

Bryan Danielson should be popping up in the next couple of months, one would assume with his level of skill at any rate, and once he does I'll watch any show he's no matter what.

They passed on Claudio Castagnoli because he was reportedly "too European", what ever that means, and Nigel McGuinness, who as we all know is making some pretty decent waves over in TNA.

The thing about the ROH roster these days is that allot of the guys are considered "Too Indy" to make the WWE's main roster, the Briscoes for example utilize too many high spots and are too stiff, El Generico doesn't have the look, etc, etc, etc...

Obviously there are a few exceptions, Tyler Black is inevitably going to go to one of the big two and likely be a big hit.

The one I was really surpised about seeing out of the WWE was Colt Cabana, the guy is a good in ring worker, but man can that guy talk, with as desperate for new announcers you let one of the best talkers in wrestling go? I heard that Vince and Steph weren't even aware that he was doing commentary for FCW, how dysfunctional is your organization if you don't know who's doing commentary for you? Granted that's your developmental fed, but still, if you're hard up for announcers like they are right now why wouldn't you be looking at those guys as one of your first options?

Like I said, I'll give it a chance to see if they change things up, but it's likely just a name change.

As for the ladies, they don't really have any good workers down in developmental now that they've called up Serena to the SD roster, essentially all of the deveolpmental Divas are Bella Twin level skills, meaning seriously lacking, a couple of them are easy on the eyes, but I prefer a woman who can work in the ring over eye candy, there's plenty of gorgeous women on TV, give me a cute girl who can work a half decent match when I'm watching wrestling any day.

10The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Empty Re: The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:36 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ECW was dead for a while anyway.

its been dead since they put it on sci fi and had a fucking zombie in the first episode

11The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Empty Re: The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:13 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Hopefully this means Christian will finally be moved to Raw or Smackdown.

12The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Empty Re: The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:18 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Edge vs Christian. Cant wait for that to happen.

13The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Empty Re: The End of ECW, The Beginning of NXT. Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:59 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, are they just going to retire the ECW belt then? Will they have a new belt for this new show? Interesting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum