Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anna Mercury discussion thread

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anna Mercury discussion thread Empty Anna Mercury discussion thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:36 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Been a fan of this series since the start. Anybody else read this series?

2Anna Mercury discussion thread Empty Re: Anna Mercury discussion thread Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I picked up the first trade. I get a lot of Warren Ellis's stuff from Avatar. While I didn't mind it, it didn't really get me in as much as some of his other work.

How was the second story arc?

3Anna Mercury discussion thread Empty Re: Anna Mercury discussion thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:21 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:How was the second story arc?
They have actually only released the first 2 issues at the moment. So far it's been fine. I have been meaning to get into Warren Ellis's other works, but just haven't yet. Can you recommend any other Warren Ellis books? He just has so many different books out there I haven't a clue where to start.

4Anna Mercury discussion thread Empty Re: Anna Mercury discussion thread Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pumkinheadfan wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:How was the second story arc?
They have actually only released the first 2 issues at the moment. So far it's been fine. I have been meaning to get into Warren Ellis's other works, but just haven't yet. Can you recommend any other Warren Ellis books? He just has so many different books out there I haven't a clue where to start.
Well stuff I've liked from Avatar would include Black Summer and I've been getting the Freakangels trades as they come out which have been simply brilliant. Ellis's run on Thunderbolts which you can get in trades was superb.

It may be better to start a Warren Ellis thread so you can get everyone weighing in with their opinions because I don't think they'll look in here to help you out with more general thoughts about his work overall.

5Anna Mercury discussion thread Empty Re: Anna Mercury discussion thread Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:16 pm

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Well stuff I've liked from Avatar would include Black Summer and I've been getting the Freakangels trades as they come out which have been simply brilliant. Ellis's run on Thunderbolts which you can get in trades was superb.
Thanks! I'll have to look into them. Have you heard anything about that steampunk comic he's doing?
Aussiemandias wrote:It may be better to start a Warren Ellis thread so you can get everyone weighing in with their opinions because I don't think they'll look in here to help you out with more general thoughts about his work overall.
I found an old ellis appreciation page and posted an inquiry to see what the other fans where reading of his. Thanks for the help! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum