The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Avengers

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

126 Re: Secret Avengers on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:44 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Yeah, it's not Lizard anymore...it's Black Panther, Venom or Beast...

View user profile http://www.comicsbulletin.com

127 Re: Secret Avengers on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:I can see why people were saying that figure on the middle left was the Lizard (possibly hunched over with the bit at his right being his head) but now I look at it again it's most definitely a character in a Spider-Man like pose squatting. The bits jutting out at each side are his knees.

My previous guess with the character with the blast field coming out of the boots was Noh-Varr but now I don't think that gels with that guess and neither does Captain Britain as some people had suggested. Which makes me still lean towards Spitfire as the female figure (with the other clues being that someone from Capt Britain's team was coming over to this team).
I actually never understood the Lizard guess, the knees and Spidey-like pose were what immediately jumped out at me. My guess for that one is still Beast...

And I guessed Noh-Varr for that one too, but like you said, the blast field puts that in doubt. It can't be Nova though...can it? I'm with you on the Spitfire thing, but lately Valkyrie has been making a lot of sense to me too.

View user profile

128 Re: Secret Avengers on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:20 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator
It was never the Lizard. While it really resemble Beast and the palms and figure are not close enough to be Gorilla Man, they at least make logic. Lizard's tale is too big to hide behind that silhouette.

View user profile http://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

129 Re: Secret Avengers on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:52 am

With the Lizard being part of the Guantlet story, does he make sense for an Avengers team at all?

View user profile http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

130 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
If anyone caught Incredible Hulk #608 (which appears to take place post-Siege) it looks like War Machine and Beast might have been confirmed as Secret Avengers. It seems like at least 2 of our guesses have been confirmed. Wink

View user profile

131 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:09 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Ha. I obviously read that, since I reviewed it. But, how did you come up with that conclusion?

Not saying you're wrong.

132 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LOOSECANNON wrote:Ha. I obviously read that, since I reviewed it. But, how did you come up with that conclusion?

Not saying you're wrong.
It was pretty clear. Check out the page towards the end where Banner says, "I've disconnected Reed and the others. In 19 seconds, War Machine's Avengers team will arrive to evac them." Then War Machine and Beast, among others, show up all
Spoiler:
Hulked-out.

Makes the most sense that they would be Secret Avengers.

View user profile

133 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:19 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Ha...Marvel's continuity is fantastic, isn't it?

I'm glad I didn't catch that when I did.

134 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:22 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LOOSECANNON wrote:Ha...Marvel's continuity is fantastic, isn't it?

I'm glad I didn't catch that when I did.
Not continuity, more timeline. Not really a biggie though.

View user profile

135 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:23 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Naw, you're right. Who cares...so it's Rhodey's Avengers and not Steve's?

Interesting.

136 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
LOOSECANNON wrote:Naw, you're right. Who cares...so it's Rhodey's Avengers and not Steve's?

Interesting.
My guess is Steve runs the operation, kinda like Fury does with the Secret Warriors, and Rhodey is the field leader, kinda like Daisy in the SW.

View user profile

137 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:33 pm

LOOSECANNON

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
Yup, Don Cheadle gets his wish: War Machine movie not far away.

138 Re: Secret Avengers on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 am

Bigtymin504 wrote:
My guess is Steve runs the operation, kinda like Fury does with the Secret Warriors, and Rhodey is the field leader, kinda like Daisy in the SW.
Well I know Steve's on the cover to Avengers no2, but this could be a Wolverine or Spidey-like scenario, where they're either on both teams or go to their individual teams at the end of the first arc.

Nice catch BTW!

View user profile

139 Re: Secret Avengers on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:40 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Foreigner_Man wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Well I know Steve's on the cover to Avengers no2, but this could be a Wolverine or Spidey-like scenario, where they're either on both teams or go to their individual teams at the end of the first arc.

Nice catch BTW!
Thanks. Wink
Yeah I think the Avengers teams, especially the Bendis-penned Avengers and New Avengers, will have somewhat of a loose roster at first with members moving in and out. I think we might see the rosters solidify a bit later, but since the teams are all on the same side and nobody's underground anymore, it makes sense for members to move about freely amongst teams.

View user profile

140 Re: Secret Avengers on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Do we know that there will still be an ongoing Secret Warriors? Or could they become the Secret Avengers?

------------------------------------
View user profile

141 Re: Secret Avengers on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Mnemosis wrote:Do we know that there will still be an ongoing Secret Warriors? Or could they become the Secret Avengers?

I read an interview with Jonathan Hickman (the link is in one of the threads on here, I think the SHIELD thread) and it said that Secret Warriors is about halfway through. So, it'll still be around for a year or so.

View user profile

142 Re: Secret Avengers on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:44 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:Do we know that there will still be an ongoing Secret Warriors? Or could they become the Secret Avengers?

I read an interview with Jonathan Hickman (the link is in one of the threads on here, I think the SHIELD thread) and it said that Secret Warriors is about halfway through. So, it'll still be around for a year or so.
Yeah Secret Warriors is a completely different book from Secret Avengers. Like Bats said, Hickman has said it is a finite story with a beginning, middle, and end.

View user profile

143 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Well peeps im sure there will be an announcement soon, but found this ad in a couple of my books for today an just put the comparison beside it.

Spoiler:

AWESOME!!!!

View user profile

144 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:25 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:That is either beast or a really manly tigra

WINNAH!!!!

View user profile

145 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:58 pm

G_Zatara

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Gotta love it!

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Secret-Avengers-Revealed-100407.html

View user profile

146 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:04 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Awesome.

View user profile

147 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I am so happy that Beast is on the team. I figured it was him, but I'm happy to know for sure.

View user profile

148 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:30 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Sweet, 2/2! Wink

That's one of the most badass Beasts I've ever seen. This book is gonna rule.

View user profile

149 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:40 pm

1/2 so far but the hell with it, i am beyond looking forward 2 this book. May is takin WAY 2 long.

View user profile

150 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Mnemosis

The Robert Frost of Poop
Dude... Deodato's Beast is... well, a BEAST! Fucking LOVE it!

------------------------------------
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum