The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Avengers

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276 Re: Secret Avengers on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:25 pm

UltimateUltimacy

Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate
I initially picked it up for the O'Grady Ant-Man, and then was reminded how great Brubaker is at writing Steve. My only gripe is that they changed Ant-Mans suit and he can apparently fly now.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/gavinv2?feature=mhum

277 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Secret Avengers #3

Whoa I'm loving where this story is going. I never knew it would be so...cosmic. I guess this is exactly what a "black-ops" Avengers team book should look like. Bru and Deodato are really killing it here. yes

View user profile

278 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:00 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Great issue.

View user profile

279 Re: Secret Avengers on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:03 pm

Really good issue. I pray to all above that Brubaker an Deodato have a long run on this title. It was really cool seeing how easily Nova put down Val. Im also interested to see where things go with Thorndrake an the other Fury. Cant wait for the next issue to see how this awesome first arc wraps up.

View user profile

280 Re: Secret Avengers on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:10 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Cool issue. I'm really liking this story, but it feels like it's moving too fast.

View user profile

281 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:11 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:Secret Avengers #3

Whoa I'm loving where this story is going. I never knew it would be so...cosmic. I guess this is exactly what a "black-ops" Avengers team book should look like. Bru and Deodato are really killing it here. yes

Yep, it's so good I've not got much to say except what great fun this book is. It's entertainment and that's the name of the game. I love that in 3 issues Brubaker is introducing some interesting new stuff (or additions to old stuff) to the Marvel Universe.

comicgeekelly wrote:Cool issue. I'm really liking this story, but it feels like it's moving too fast.

I'm not sure I agree with this. It's an action story, it's 3 issues in and not a huge amount has actually really happened yet. We have been given a lot of information in that time but I hardly think it's happening too quickly. The pacing feels just right to me. Additionally, I'll take that over the pace of things in the main Avengers title at the moment.

View user profile

282 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Secret Avengers #3

Yeah, I really don't have much to say other than this book is awesome. It's a ton of fun.

I love the art, I love the story, and I love the team.

Beast having his arms exposed was still weird but whatever.

I also still really wish that they'd go back and use the original O'Grady Ant-Man costume. It's honestly one of my favorite comic costumes.

I love the pacing. I don't think it's going to fast at all. It's perfect.

View user profile

283 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:13 pm

G_Zatara

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
probably my favorite marvel book out

View user profile

284 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:48 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Issue #4 was great!

View user profile

285 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Issue #4 was just bad-ass. LOVED Steve's Nova look. And I was glad to finally see War Machine let loose. Best part of this tho was no one believing Ant-Man. Just perfect. Bar none this is my favorite Avengers book.

View user profile

286 Re: Secret Avengers on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm so loving this book. I love you I love you I love you

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

287 Re: Secret Avengers on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:19 am

Sandman

Ninja
Ninja
you know I have been meaning to ask this the last 4 issues....what is up with Fury? what happened to him after Seige? why is he a bad guy now? was he always a traitor?

View user profile

288 Re: Secret Avengers on Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:47 am

Demonweasel

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Sandman wrote:you know I have been meaning to ask this the last 4 issues....what is up with Fury? what happened to him after Seige? why is he a bad guy now? was he always a traitor?

I'm thinking it's some kind of alternate dimension Fury. Or mind control. Or past-life experiences intruding on present day. Or a race memory stored in the collective unconscious.

------------------------------------
Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

289 Re: Secret Avengers on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:56 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Issue 4 was pretty awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing what's up with Fury.

View user profile

290 Re: Secret Avengers on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Secret Avengers #4

This and New Avengers are my favorite Avengers books going right now (as well two of my top Marvel books). I still think I like this one a bit more than New Avengers though. I don't know. Anyway, great issue. Deodato's art once again kicked ass.

Loved Ant-Man in this issue. No one believing he saved the day was great.

I can't wait for next issue.

View user profile

291 Re: Secret Avengers on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:Secret Avengers #4

This and New Avengers are my favorite Avengers books going right now (as well two of my top Marvel books). I still think I like this one a bit more than New Avengers though. I don't know. Anyway, great issue. Deodato's art once again kicked ass.

Yup. I'm really enjoying this book. Bru is setting up a nice tone for stories down the road too. And c'mon who doesn't love seeing Cap as a Nova Centurion?? Smile

View user profile

292 Re: Secret Avengers on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:24 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Demonweasel wrote:
Sandman wrote:you know I have been meaning to ask this the last 4 issues....what is up with Fury? what happened to him after Seige? why is he a bad guy now? was he always a traitor?

I'm thinking it's some kind of alternate dimension Fury. Or mind control. Or past-life experiences intruding on present day. Or a race memory stored in the collective unconscious.
Or an LMD. Whatever the case I doubt it's the normal Nick Fury.

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Secret Avengers #4

Yup. I'm really enjoying this book. Bru is setting up a nice tone for stories down the road too. And c'mon who doesn't love seeing Cap as a Nova Centurion?? Smile

Yep, issue #4 was just plain excellent - everything about it is great. Have to agree with everyone too - Ant Man was great in this issue.

I think the Shadow Council are going to be the bad guys in this book for at least the next year (that's my prediction anyway). I don't know about anyone else but I love the costumes for the Shadow Council - they're very effective.

As for Nova's replacement (and I think him leaving kills off some people's concerns about how this book will fit in with cosmic marvel events) I heard Rom was going to be in the book, maybe it will be him. And by the way I think that will be fantastic. I love the whole Dire Wraiths story and if this book was to pick up on that I'd be in heaven.

View user profile

293 Re: Secret Avengers on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:10 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Awesome issue.

View user profile

294 Re: Secret Avengers on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:44 am

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Secret Avengers #5

Aaaand we have Bru's first connection with The Marvels Project! I knew it was just a matter of time before Bru started tying some of this awesomeness together. The backstory behind this other Fury is really interesting. The idea of a person with all of Fury's knowledge and memories possibly using that for bad is pretty scary lol. I also love me some David Aja art.

View user profile

295 Re: Secret Avengers on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Bigtymin504 wrote:Secret Avengers #5

Aaaand we have Bru's first connection with The Marvels Project! I knew it was just a matter of time before Bru started tying some of this awesomeness together. The backstory behind this other Fury is really interesting. The idea of a person with all of Fury's knowledge and memories possibly using that for bad is pretty scary lol. I also love me some David Aja art.

I have to agree the art is awesome, I always liked him on his Iron Fist run. I wonder if the art will be back to "normal" next issue as it isn't someone else's story. But hands down this is my favorite Avengers book

View user profile

296 Re: Secret Avengers on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Secret Avengers #5

I loved this issue. This book is just phenomenal.

I would LOVE a solo Nick Fury book (or a Nick Fury/Steve Rogers book) written by Brubaker. I'd also want this art team on it. I've loved David Aja since Immortal Iron Fist and Michael Lark (and Stefano Gaudiano) since Daredevil.

View user profile

297 Re: Secret Avengers on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Secret Avengers #5
Okay this was my favourite issue so far and was probably a bit more of an espionage feel than the first story arc. That's not a complaint as I think (as it says on the first page) this is a black ops team which I see as something a little different to espionage/spy stuff. Anyways this was bloody brilliant and I was absolutely ecstatic about the John Steele reveal and the link back to The Marvels Project. Brilliant!!! This is Brubaker at his best. Aja and Lark were perfect artists for this issue also.

Did anyone else notice that the Shadow Council hasn't realised Ant-Man isn't working with the Secret Avengers? That's why he's perfect for this kind of book and the work this team are doing.

Aussiemandias wrote:
Or an LMD.
Picked it but it probably wasn't that huge a guess considering SHIELD's history with LMDs.

I've been wondering what happened with John Steele for ages so I can't wait to hear about his back story between now and WWII. Here's the thing - I can't see either him or Max Fury working on the side of "bad" so they're either being manipulated or they actually believe what they're doing is for the better goood. Whatever the case, this is a hell of a set up Brubaker has built here!

Arsenal0602 wrote:

I have to agree the art is awesome, I always liked him on his Iron Fist run. I wonder if the art will be back to "normal" next issue as it isn't someone else's story.
Aja and Lark were just filling in for this story.

And this is easily my favourite Avengers book now also.

View user profile

298 Re: Secret Avengers on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Demonweasel

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Yeah, this is THE book. And Aja is great. I'd like to see him do something over at Black Widow, maybe give that book a boost. Or hell, a Brubaker/Aja Black Widow book. Or more Iron Fist. Or everything.

------------------------------------
Thacher E Cleveland - Grandpa, PoP Princess Whipping Boy
www.demonweasel.com
www.twitter.com/demonweasel
www.facebook.com/demonweasel
www.superflycomics.com
View user profile http://www.demonweasel.com

299 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:40 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm looking forward to reading this in trade.

View user profile

300 Re: Secret Avengers on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:50 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
This seems as good a place as any seeing she's a regular in this series, so.....

Valkyrie #1

My recommendation to anyone thinking of buying this - don't waste your money. With all the stuff that happened in JMS's Thor with bringing back the Asgardians I was interested to see how Valkyrie came back. This was completely amateurish work with, at times, appalling dialogue. If you didn't read it then you've missed nothing.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum