Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thanos Returns

+3
LOOSECANNON
prescribeddrone
Foreigner_Man
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thanos Returns Empty Thanos Returns Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Thanos Returns Thanosimperative
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/02/the-thanos-imperative-to-ignite-in-marvels-cosmic-books/
Marvel announced today that not only is Thanos coming back in the pages of Guardians of the Galaxy, but he's bringing another cosmic event with him.

In an interview with Marvel.com, Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning talked about The Thanos Imperative: Ignition, a one-shot due in May that will kick off their next cosmic epic.
"The Thanos Imperative: Ignition is a great place to jump aboard and you won't need any prior knowledge," Lanning said. "But if you're a devoted reader, there are rich seams of pay-off to enjoy. The threat of the Fault, a huge rip in time and space left by the War of Kings, is something we've been exploring in the Realm of Kings stories that run into The Thanos Imperative. This is the moment where Magus, a very serious bad guy in his own right, takes control of it and galactic disaster follows! This epic story forms a climax to many of the tales we've been spinning in the cosmic corner of the Marvel Universe for the last three years."

He said that the event will include Nova, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Silver Surfer and Quasar, as well as villains like Magus.

Sounds epic! I'm not a big fan of Thanos, but that cover looks amazing and makes me want to check this out. What about you guys?

2Thanos Returns Empty Re: Thanos Returns Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:25 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like Thanos but I'm not fanatic, I might check out the one shot but I don't see myself following this cosmic event, I haven't followed any of the Guardians/Realm of Kings of the Galaxy and have no attachment to most of the space characters besides for Silver Surfer, but not enough to follow an event like this.

And without looking at Wiki, I have no idea who Magus is.

I'm too booked with other books for May anyway.

3Thanos Returns Empty Re: Thanos Returns Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:46 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

My only wish is that the Nova title gets dropped and he's placed into another book....

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

4Thanos Returns Empty Re: Thanos Returns Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't wait for this! I knew Thanos would be involved in the next big cosmic event.

5Thanos Returns Empty Re: Thanos Returns Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:03 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just bring in the Pet Avengers to deal with him.

6Thanos Returns Empty Re: Thanos Returns Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:21 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not buying any more of these DnA cosmic event ancilliary minis. If there's a main one telling the story I'll get that and I'll be getting Guardians of the Galaxy but I've dropped Nova and I'm no longer getting any of the spin-off minis as I think the quality has dropped right off compared to a couple of years back.

7Thanos Returns Empty Re: Thanos Returns Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:54 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Well, you can't always have Annihilation going on, lol, things have been heating up though, I'm anxious to see how they tie all of these threads together they've got dangling out there.

8Thanos Returns Empty Re: Thanos Returns Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:32 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Well, you can't always have Annihilation going on, lol, things have been heating up though, I'm anxious to see how they tie all of these threads together they've got dangling out there.
I'm more talking about the quality of Annihilation rather than the content. I actually think one of the mistakes they're making is trying to repeat an Annihilation style event every year.

9Thanos Returns Empty Re: Thanos Returns Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:41 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I can see that, but I dug War of Kings a ton and Realm of Kings has been pretty twisty turny thus far and I've really liked it so far, DnA are giving a ton of spotlight to characters that should have gotten it earlier with the current books.

With Thanos coming back and Magus being on the loose I can only see good, well bad things, for the cosmic characters about to be going on.

10Thanos Returns Empty Re: Thanos Returns Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:54 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Yeah, Aussie is bugging. Nova is the only inconsistent book DNA do. I can understand some of your concerns with the roller coaster ride that ROK has been, but WOK was a classic story...the cosmos without constant war is a bore.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

11Thanos Returns Empty Re: Thanos Returns Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:08 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Yeah, Aussie is bugging. Nova is the only inconsistent book DNA do. I can understand some of your concerns with the roller coaster ride that ROK has been, but WOK was a classic story...the cosmos without constant war is a bore.
Well I wasn't really saying the main story has been a problem I was more pointing the finger at the spin off books which I've been a bit disappointed in. I also don't think the stuff that's happened over the last year or so (ROK and WOK) has quite been up to the quality of story of a couple of years back. That being said, I'm not saying it's bad just not as good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum