Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster

+6
ChrisToPhenom
comicgeekelly
jaydee74
Fresh03
MillionDollarGeek
azrael07
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:33 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:
And what was up between Michael Cole and Josh Mathews?

Good question, sounded to me like Cole decided to go all heel announcer on us, cause he bashed the crap out of Danielson, Indy Wrestling, Puro, Lucha, Internet Fans and everything else he could think of.

Personally I thought he took it too far, but he does have a point that the majority of WWE fans aren't going to have any earthly idea who Danielson even if he is a major star pretty much everywhere not in the big two. I know I've been spouting off about him since 2003 and still to this day get a whole lot of blank stares when I say how good he is, obviouly that's going to change in the next couple of months as people become more familiar with him on NXT, but I'm sure there will be tons of people who will say a wrestler like a Miz, Orton, or Cena is more talented due to their WWE accomplishments rather than just pure in ring talent.

I loved the guy since his ROH debut, I even found wrestling videos of his old days. I saw him a year ago live in ROH at the Chicago Ridge when they had a show and I was just in awe over his talent.

Then he got powerbombed outside the ring by Bison.

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Well, last night's episode wasn't as good as the first one, but they finally explained the rules to the show, at the end of the Season all 8 of the Rookies will be up for review by all 8 of the Pros and they decide your fate, the only snag is that the Rookie's Pro cannot vote for his protege one way or another, so Miz can't vote on Danielson, R-Truth can't vote on Ortunga, etc...

Man, they absolutely CRUSHED Danielson last night in that match against Barret, who looked surprisingly agile for a guy his size, of course they played up the injury and Bryan did botch a move at the end of the match, but still, that was some destruction.

I think Punk's interference and the looks on his face through out the match were probably the best part of the episode, he didn't speak a word last night, but what he was up to spoke volumes, the man just oozes charisma right now. Should be fun to see where this is headed.

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Fresh03 wrote:Well, last night's episode wasn't as good as the first one, but they finally explained the rules to the show, at the end of the Season all 8 of the Rookies will be up for review by all 8 of the Pros and they decide your fate, the only snag is that the Rookie's Pro cannot vote for his protege one way or another, so Miz can't vote on Danielson, R-Truth can't vote on Ortunga, etc...

Man, they absolutely CRUSHED Danielson last night in that match against Barret, who looked surprisingly agile for a guy his size, of course they played up the injury and Bryan did botch a move at the end of the match, but still, that was some destruction.

I think Punk's interference and the looks on his face through out the match were probably the best part of the episode, he didn't speak a word last night, but what he was up to spoke volumes, the man just oozes charisma right now. Should be fun to see where this is headed.

I'm not so sure it was a botch. if you watch closely his foot never even touched the rope and he was holding his ribs before he hit the mat.

By the way I can't be the only that notice that he looks just like Cena
More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster - Page 2 12676010

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Are you suggesting that Cena is pulling a "Soul Man" to get more time on WWE TV?

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Fresh03 wrote:

Are you suggesting that Cena is pulling a "Soul Man" to get more time on WWE TV?

id believe it.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn-Darren Young looks just like John Cena!

More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster - Page 2 20Youn_516b

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Starting to think I was the only person who actually watched this the whole way through, lol.

Anywhoo, season one is over, Wade Barret, Chris Jericho's rookie, wound up winning the whole thing, no real surprise there, he's everything the WWE likes in their wrestlers plus he's actually pretty solid in ring and on the mic. Should be interesting to see where he goes from here.

They also announced the season two line up:

* Cody Rhodes and Husky Harris (Duke Rotundo). Rotundo is the son of former WWE star & current agent Mike "IRS" Rotundo. He has been in developmental since 2009 with his brother Bo, who is currently injured.

* John Morrison and Eli Cottonwood (Kip Christianson). Cottonwood stands over 7 feet tall and weighs over 300 pounds. He has been in developmental since 2009.

* MVP and Percy Watson (Chris McNeil). Percy has been in WWE developmental since 2009 and has teamed with former Rookie Darren Young as The South Beach Boys.

* Zack Ryder and Titus O'Neill (Thaddeus Bullard). Titus is a former Florida Gators defensive end and has been in developmental since 2009.

* Michelle McCool & Layla and Kaval (Brandon Silvestry). Kaval is the former TNA and Ring of Honor star Low Ki. Kaval recently recovered from an injury and has been signed to a WWE developmental deal since 2009. Kaval has held the TNA X Division Title twice, the ROH Title once and a number of other titles around the world. Layla and McCool are the first Pros to be Divas.

* Mark Henry and Lucky Cannon (Jon Emminger). Lucky Cannon is the former Johnny Prime and I don't believe he's been using the Lucky Cannon gimmick for long. They said on NXT that he was a former sheriff.

* Kofi Kingston and Michael McGillicutty (Joe Hennig). McGillicutty is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Curt Hennig. Up until last week, he was still using the Hennig name in developmental. Hennig has been with WWE since 2008 and has held the FCW Florida Heavyweight Title once and the FCW Tag Team Titles twice.

* The Miz and Alex Riley (Kevin Kiley). Riley has been with WWE since 2007 and is the current FCW Heavyweight Champion. He has worked several dark matches and live event matches for WWE over the years.

If that bolded part doesn't make you laugh you have no sense of humor at all, Team LayCool mentoring Low-Ki? That's going to produce some of the funniest segents of all time.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The names of the new NXT guys are awful. Just plain horrible.

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

hurm. surprised Barret won. No charisma at all. I hope Kaval wins season 2, even if he doesn't im sure he'll get a deal out of it (like Bryan Danielson). im surprised they're bringing up Hennig this early, and this way. From what i heard Hennig and another star were supposed to be brought up soon as a new faction to be formed with Ted DiBiase as the Fortunate Sons.

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

I hope Kaval gets pissed off with lay-cool and Ghetto Stomps both of them

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Damn-Darren Young looks just like John Cena!

More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster - Page 2 20Youn_516b

He looks like Cena after a bomb went off in his hands that was handed to him by Bugs Bunny

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I hope Kaval gets pissed off with lay-cool and Ghetto Stomps both of them

I just wonder how many episodes it's going to take before he blows his top and starts screaming "WARRIOR!!!" at them. I definately don't see NXT Season 2 going all that well for Team LayCool because Low-Ki is going to put the boots to them at some point.

im surprised they're bringing up Hennig this early, and this way. From what i heard Hennig and another star were supposed to be brought up soon as a new faction to be formed with Ted DiBiase as the Fortunate Sons.

I had heard that rumor as well, guess it didn't pan out for what ever reason.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/photos/14631720/seasontwopairings/

The line-up for the second season of NXT, starting next week, is as follows:

Husky Harris (WWE Pro Cody Rhodes)
Eli Cottonwood (WWE Pro John Morrison)
Percy Washington (WWE Pro MVP)
Titus O'Neil (WWE Pro Zack Ryder)
Kaval (WWE Pros Lay-Cool)
Lucky Cannon (WWE Pro Mark Henry)
Michael McGillicutty (WWE Pro Kofi Kingston)
Alex Riley (WWE Pro The Miz)

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:The names of the new NXT guys are awful. Just plain horrible.
Absolutely and especially for those that are related to legends. Why not use the Henning name or the Rotundo name? Instant recognition. I don't get it.

40More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster - Page 2 Empty Re: More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:22 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

It irks me that they have to have these manufactured names. They sound so made up. WWE take notice of what you did with Kofi Kingston and drop these false, forced personas and let the guys be more like their real selves.

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

just wanted to point out that this is what Kaval will be coming out to the ring to

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

i like him even more now

More Details on WWE NXT, Partial Roster - Page 2 12756610

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

i like him even more now

Did he do something since it was announced?

I already know I'm going to falling out of my chair laughing the first time he comes out to "You're not enough for me".

God it's going to be hilarious. Some of the IWC has been loosing their damned minds about it and saying that the WWE is ruining him by putting him with LayCool and refusing to use their imaginations about just how funny this has the potential to be.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:
And what was up between Michael Cole and Josh Mathews?

Good question, sounded to me like Cole decided to go all heel announcer on us, cause he bashed the crap out of Danielson, Indy Wrestling, Puro, Lucha, Internet Fans and everything else he could think of.

Personally I thought he took it too far, but he does have a point that the majority of WWE fans aren't going to have any earthly idea who Danielson even if he is a major star pretty much everywhere not in the big two. I know I've been spouting off about him since 2003 and still to this day get a whole lot of blank stares when I say how good he is, obviouly that's going to change in the next couple of months as people become more familiar with him on NXT, but I'm sure there will be tons of people who will say a wrestler like a Miz, Orton, or Cena is more talented due to their WWE accomplishments rather than just pure in ring talent.
I actually thought that what Michael Cole did was good in order to sell what a big deal it would be to be signed with the WWE. I liked it but I think at times Cole took it too far as well.

Matt wrote:just wanted to point out that this is what Kaval will be coming out to the ring to

That's going to be funny.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum