Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New KoЯn Album

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New KoЯn Album Empty New KoЯn Album Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:01 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

The upcoming ninth studio album by American nu metal band Korn, nicknamed Korn III by the band with "Remember Who You Are" being Jonathan's favorite idea for album name has a suggested release date of early 2010. The band hired Ross Robinson, who produced their first two albums to again act as producer, and drummer Ray Luzier to act as permanent drummer, instead of a live fill-in as he had been previously. The album is being recorded as a four-piece band, using no Pro Tools or editing, unlike Korn's more recent albums. Vocalist Jonathan Davis says the album will be "simple" in that it won't be as multi-layered as Korn's recent albums, but "it's about the vibe".

In response to the question "Will Korn be returning to their roots" Robinson replied: "What roots? They have Bakersfield and I have Barstow - we really don't want to go back there. If 'roots' is to destroy and wake people from sleep walking through life, then yes."

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Thu May 20, 2010 4:15 am; edited 3 times in total

2New KoЯn Album Empty Re: New KoЯn Album Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:53 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yup, I heard this a few weeks ago- I dig it. Looking forward to the album.

3New KoЯn Album Empty Re: New KoЯn Album Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:56 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Yup, I heard this a few weeks ago- I dig it. Looking forward to the album.
Yes-it's good to seem them back. I've been wondering when they'd touchdown again.

4New KoЯn Album Empty Re: New KoЯn Album Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:02 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Weaksauce! I just listened to the track above and I'm seriously disappointed. Sure the music sounds like older Korn but ever since J. Davis "learned to sing" his vocals have went to shit. They're weak and virtually emotionless...but ya know...that's just my opinion.

5New KoЯn Album Empty Re: New KoЯn Album Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:15 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't wait to hear the new album, I saw Korn perform live at last year's Download festival and they were pretty decent.

6New KoЯn Album Empty Re: New KoЯn Album Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:57 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:Can't wait to hear the new album, I saw Korn perform live at last year's Download festival and they were pretty decent.
They'd have to be on of my top bands to see live next to Linkin Park and Nine Inch Nails.

7New KoЯn Album Empty Re: New KoЯn Album Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 pm

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Meh. My interested in Korn peaked when Terry Bozzio played with them. Joey Jordison toured with them once he left (or at least played with them at Download) but I could never really get into them.

8New KoЯn Album Empty Re: New KoЯn Album Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:33 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

News-

Jonathan has recently stated that after the band finish the "Escape from the Studio Tour" in the fall of 2009, he will be able to go into the studio and start writing and recording on the songs fellow members Fieldy, Munky, and Ray have already written. He went on to state after that the band can pretty much add to the songs and fix the cracks then let Ross go through them, and the album will start coming together fast and should be aiming for an early 2010 release date. Korn have recently used a teaser for their new 2010 album release on their website.

Ross recently revealed via Twitter that "I just finished up recording two new tracks with Korn with the band back underway on work for their next album.

Recording of the album is complete and a April/May 2010 release is in the planning stages.

On January 20, 2010 it was announced on the Mayhem Festival's official website that Korn will be headlining the 2010 Mayhem Festival alongside Rob Zombie, Lamb of God, and Five Finger Death Punch.

However, soon after this announcement, the rockstarmayhem's YouTube channel released a video featuring a song from the new album titled, "My Time". In less than an hour, it was abruptly removed and efforts were then made by KoRn's representatives to stop the leak that began spreading quickly over various social and Korn fansites. Ross Robinson later stated on his Twitter that the leak was "rough mix" that was missing guitar parts and vocal fixes. Rumor began to circulate that the song would be cut from the album. When asked via Twitter to confirm this rumor, Robinson stated that it would be on the album.

On March 15, 2010 in the announcement of the Ballroom Blitz Tour, the title for the new album was named as Korn III: Remember Who You Are.

9New KoЯn Album Empty Re: New KoЯn Album Thu May 20, 2010 4:17 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Official First Single, "Oildale (Leave Me Alone)"

Album Art-

New KoЯn Album KornIIIRememberWhoYouAre

10New KoЯn Album Empty Re: New KoЯn Album Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:56 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just watched the Oildale music video, I'm defiantly looking forward to this one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum