Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Fame Monster Review

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Fame Monster Review Empty My Fame Monster Review Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:55 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate that I slept on Lady Gaga when she debuted with "Just Dance" in 2008. It's hard to believe it's been almost two years because it's impossible for a day to go by without the radio playing any of her singles but I'm happy to be able to review her re-released debut which Gaga says deals with the darker side of fame and compares to the Yin and yang concept. She also also mentions it's experienced by her over the course of 2008–2009 while traveling around the world, and are expressed through a monster metaphor. This album alone contains her news songs such as the currently released singles "Bad Romance", "Telephone" featuring Beyoncé and "Speechless" including 5 others but I bought the deluxe edition of it which contains the re-release and original album-that's 22 tracks and I'm going to explain why their worth your money whichever edition you buy.

The album starts you off with one of Lady Gaga's top hits of now, "Bad Romance" but I'm going to exclude this and the other released songs you've been hearing on the radio non-stop. Those are top-notch hits but I will include "Speechless" and "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" which didn't release on radio in the US.

"Alejandro" is fresh breath of air from Gaga. Just when you think you've heard it all from her earlier released singles, this track surprises you. It's a laid back song which in my opinion is a cushion to break the fall from of "Bad Romance"'s roller coaster. Next is "Monster" which in my opinion arrived a bit earlier than expected regardless of it's same name the album's name. This track is not a bad one but it makes the impact after the first 2 songs flat and I believe it's an error on The Fame Monster's tracklist. Also, I must say though Lady Gaga is catchy with every she's sings on, the "mamamama" in the chorus is a disappointment after hearing it on "Poker Face" numerous times before but it's an overall catchy song. "Speechless" makes the mood even more soft but after "Monster" ends, you'd have to take it and deal with it. This is the song Gaga performed at the American Music Awards of 2009 on a piano that caught on fire which sparked controversy. This is one of the best examples of hearing what her voice can do and separates from her known fast-paced singles.

"Dance in the Dark". This is a track fans who bought the original Fame wants hear though none of the songs on The Fame Monster are bad, once you reach this one, you'd probably think, "finally". "Dance in the Dark" is an amazing track that would've been more appreciative if was arranged the right way on the album's list. Next is "Telephone" featuring Beyoncé. Even though it's a newly released single, I think it deserves to be mentioned. There's another song both had recorded together titled, "Video Phone" that's on Beyoncé's current album, I Am... Sasha Fierce. This track owns "Video Phone" in everyway and though I don't get the catch why the word, "phone" is on both titles, you might want to answer this one instead.

Next is "So Happy I Could Die" which battles with "Alejandro" for #1 on my Top 5 of the album. This is one of the type of songs I think Lady Gaga aces at and those are the laid back vibes that this track has. It's beat is phenomenal and the lyrics takes you to another world so be sure to listen to with good headphones and sound system. The last song of The Fame Monster is "Teeth". It has different sound from her released singles but Gaga doesn't fail to deliver.

Now we move to the album I should have listened to before Monster released-The Fame which made Lady Gaga who she is today. Passing the first four released singles on the tracklist, "Just Dance", "LoveGame", "Paparazzi" and "Poker Face" is "I Like It Rough". "I Like It Rough" is really a pleasure to listen to and something you'd expect from Gaga. The production is top-notch and one of the gems in this treasure chest of fame-this is on of the tracks buyers want. "Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)". Just like "Telephone", this is also already a released single but it's so polished that it also deserves to be mentioned. I like to compare this to Monster's "So Happy I Can Die" because when Gaga delivers that laid vibe, she delivers flawlessly. Next is "Starstruck" featuring Flo Rida. I like this track a lot because it's a song that would be a must for playing in clubs and Flo Rida's verse made the song better though Lady Gaga could record an album alone and it'd still be amazing if she did it right. I also want to add that I give whoever is producing her music is a genius and whatever Gaga is asking for is a great idea which stresses my take on "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"....

Note: Now that I've reeled you in, it's only right I tell you I now have a column on IC and the link below is the full review. So take one second of your life, click the link, enjoy the rest it, come back here, post your thoughts, I'll be happy, IC will be happy and you'll be happy! Smile - ChrisToPhenom

http://www.investcomics.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1314&Itemid=60

Original and Alternative Album Covers-

My Fame Monster Review 51awYtXl6VL._SL500_AA240_My Fame Monster Review 51Z%2B6OlN58L._AA240_

Last edited by ChrisToPhenom on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

2My Fame Monster Review Empty Re: My Fame Monster Review Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Speechless and Teeth.

3My Fame Monster Review Empty Re: My Fame Monster Review Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:50 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I love Speechless and Teeth.
Yes, those two are a nice different sound for Gaga. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum