Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

bringing your own silverware to a restaurant

+9
C's Lady
The_Donster
Tripper McGee
Spaced4SimonPegg
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
ChrisToPhenom
shark6495
riv1
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prudent or anal?
I'll expect some thought provoking answers, folks.

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

umm I used to think it was anal. Then I found a black hair glued to a fork with what was left of the previous owners Alfredo sauce (God I hope it was alfredo)

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh GROSS!

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

no shit. totally went straight to the manager and was like wth is this? do you want me to eat my dinner here? got my meal comped along with a 30 buck gift card.... so now I, if I remember, will bring my own silverware or closely inspect the silverware at the restaurant.....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:no shit. totally went straight to the manager and was like wth is this? do you want me to eat my dinner here? got my meal comped along with a 30 buck gift card.... so now I, if I remember, will bring my own silverware or closely inspect the silverware at the restaurant.....
Wow, I'll study my silverware along with a few of my own. At least I'll keep this story in mind... Yikes.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wouldn't say it was anal. If that makes a person feel better then I think it's perfectly fine. I just inspect mine VERY thoroughly. Oh, and instead of taking my own silverware to the restaurant I actually steal silverware from there. I have a TON of silverware from restaurants. I have about 40 spoons, 20 forks, and 20 knives from the cafeterias up at my college alone. I don't know why I do it, but it makes me feel good to do it.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now we're pushing it with quirks. tongue I do check out my silverware, but I'll use it. Oddly, I'm so used to straws, I refuse to drink from glasses at a diner yet will drink from the glasses at a bar. Go figure.

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My mom's neighbor brings her own paper plates when they go out and silverware. I always check out the plates, glasses and silverware when I go out and I always ask for a straw.

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess I don't understand the point of bringing silverware if one is going to use everything else at a restaurant. How is the silverware different from the glass or the plate? Hell, why would someone allow others to even prepare his food if germs and all that were that big of an issue? I don't get it.

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That is actually based on germaphobia. Certain cases, anyway. They select things to be ickied by, so to speak. It's weird. Like they'll use common things, like money and door-knobs, but will make a big deal out of something else that would be hardly as filthy.

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Considering that I live off of well water(bad tasting), it's probable cleaner at the restaraunt Laughing Not that we eat out much, but where we do, we trust the folks who run the places.

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ That is actually based on germaphobia. Certain cases, anyway. They select things to be ickied by, so to speak. It's weird. Like they'll use common things, like money and door-knobs, but will make a big deal out of something else that would be hardly as filthy.

Interesting. Makes sense, though. I worked with a guy who literally sanitized his hands after touching anything. That really had to cut into his day. Might as well wear gloves. I've actually thought of doing that. Awesome gloves like from the '50s, not latex gloves. I'm not really a germaphobe, but when I used to work at a college, handling cash and credit cards all day really freaked me out sometimes. Checks are cool. Nobody I know uses her checkbook to do drugs.

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

C's Lady

C's Lady
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I wonder if the same folks bringing their own silverware to "real" restaurants also refuse to eat fast food? I mean, there is really nothing worse than some of the stuff that goes on at those places. And lets face it, MOST restaurants are probably cleaner than your own home wares. I mean, do you have a sanitizer in your home? I have a dishwasher, but not the same, since the water doesn't get hot enough. I think the world is becoming way too germaphobic and actually making us sicker in the process. If you aren't exposed to things, your body doesn't know how to use it's natural defenses to fight things. I mean, if you guys saw some of the crap Mr. C eats, you would wonder if he doesn't spend most of his days in the bathroom. LOL

Oh, and on a side note regarding Mr. C and the silverware correlation, he refuses to use plastic utensils. So weird!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/crystal.vansickle?ref

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tripper McGee wrote: Checks are cool. Nobody I know uses her checkbook to do drugs.
tongue Money is dirty enough, but to have the one that was up someone's nose. Yuck.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tripper McGee wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:^ That is actually based on germaphobia. Certain cases, anyway. They select things to be ickied by, so to speak. It's weird. Like they'll use common things, like money and door-knobs, but will make a big deal out of something else that would be hardly as filthy.

Interesting. Makes sense, though. I worked with a guy who literally sanitized his hands after touching anything. That really had to cut into his day. Might as well wear gloves. I've actually thought of doing that. Awesome gloves like from the '50s, not latex gloves. I'm not really a germaphobe, but when I used to work at a college, handling cash and credit cards all day really freaked me out sometimes. Checks are cool. Nobody I know uses her checkbook to do drugs.
Until you specified what type of gloves, i had a mental picture of the mom off Dexter's Lab...!

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

shark6495 wrote:umm I used to think it was anal. Then I found a black hair glued to a fork with what was left of the previous owners Alfredo sauce (God I hope it was alfredo)

lol!

Seriously though... now I'm going to have really inspect everything I touch at a restaurant thanks to all the comments in this thread. People are gross.

JessJupiter

JessJupiter
Pirate
Pirate

Batman25JM wrote:I have a TON of silverware from restaurants. I have about 40 spoons, 20 forks, and 20 knives from the cafeterias up at my college alone. I don't know why I do it, but it makes me feel good to do it.

Its called kleptomania! Very Happy

Tripper McGee wrote:I guess I don't understand the point of bringing silverware if one is going to use everything else at a restaurant. How is the silverware different from the glass or the plate? Hell, why would someone allow others to even prepare his food if germs and all that were that big of an issue? I don't get it.

I agree mostly. But then I thought of the fact that spoons and forks make direct contact with my mouth and such...that just weirds me out.

I worked at Portillo's (Fast restaurant style food) and there were many a time that we've had hairs, nails, and bandaids served to customers. Because of that, I inspect EVERYTHING. And bring hand sanitizer.

I'll probably bring my own silverware when I get to be an older crazy lady and germophobia takes over.

P:

http://www.jessjupiter.webs.com

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

JessJupiter wrote:

I worked at Portillo's (Fast restaurant style food) and there were many a time that we've had hairs, nails, and bandaids served to customers. .

P:

It's because of this statement that I will now take my own food when I go out to eat!! gross

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

[quote="JessJupiter"]
Batman25JM wrote:I worked at Portillo's (Fast restaurant style food) and there were many a time that we've had hairs, nails, and bandaids served to customers. Because of that, I inspect EVERYTHING. And bring hand sanitizer.

I'll probably bring my own silverware when I get to be an older crazy lady and germophobia takes over.

P:

Isn't that the place that Spidey raves about???? I'll pass thank you.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, BlueMaxx is exactly right. Phobias don't always make sense and are full on contradictions. I have OCD and I have contradicting compulsions.

JessJupiter wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I have a TON of silverware from restaurants. I have about 40 spoons, 20 forks, and 20 knives from the cafeterias up at my college alone. I don't know why I do it, but it makes me feel good to do it.

Its called kleptomania! Very Happy

Yep. At least silverware is all I steal. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum