Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame?

+18
comicgeekelly
kidspider2099
Silent K
The_Donster
ChrisToPhenom
Administrator
Heytherejeffro
Tom
Combo Mo
Spaced4SimonPegg
(._Y_.)
JessJupiter
superdoug
Thundermatts
Joshua
elijahdprophet
Airwolf
FroZen
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

21Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:27 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Honestly, if you like it, whatever. I will say, though, that if one of my friends was rocking a fedora, I'd be harping on him for it.

They look hot on chicks, though. That doesn't count in this instance.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

22Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:54 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So that's a Fedora? Cool. I've never wore one but I'm think I won't reach that dress status until I'm 25 or 30.

23Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:58 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:I won't reach that dress status until I'm 25 or 30.

you're gonna get it you're gonna get it you're gonna get it you're gonna get it

Laughing I love you ...At least you're showing some restraint. Young people rarely have that anymore. tongue

24Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:38 pm

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

Hey Frozen, if you can pull it off, it's cool and I'm jealous Wink My big Sputnik of a head can't pull off anything but skull caps Smile

25Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:40 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The_Donster wrote:Hey Frozen, if you can pull it off, it's cool and I'm jealous Wink My big Sputnik of a head can't pull off anything but skull caps Smile

That's funny cuz I can't really wear skull caps. Most are too big for my hollow cranium.

26Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I wouldn't consider that (or most of the hats in this thread) a fedora...it's more Pork-pie...like what Jack and Elwood wear.

elijahdprophet wrote:I am all for fedoras, but personally have never been down with the idea of taking a perfectly good article of clothing and printing random tattoo art on it.

At least it's not TOO gaudy.

Yeah...working with SoulSwitch, I've seen more than my fair share of assholes in dress shirts covered in flames and sequins and filligree and the like. I own one shirt in the Affliction-Tee style, but it was purchased prior to the crazy. Those types of shirts/that type of fashion will have a special place in hell next to Zubaz pants and Hyper-Color tees.

Joshua wrote:Awesome comic book artists:
Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 N1078533010_30220202_9890

There's a comic book artist in that picture?
blush

27Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:15 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want a fedora i might look dorky in it but i still want one.

28Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

kidspider2099 wrote:I want a fedora i might look dorky in it but i still want one.

To be perfectly honest...a fedora would benefit you.

29Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If I get a chance I'll post a pic in the morning of me in my Fedora.

30Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:39 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:I want a fedora i might look dorky in it but i still want one.

Why? cause I'm going bald?

31Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:42 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

YEAH! If you have a fedora, take a pic of you wearing it tonight and then post it! Also FANNY PACKS!

32Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

kidspider2099 wrote:
Silent K wrote:

You wear hats anyhow, right? WHy not throw a little zazz in there?

33Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:46 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:YEAH! If you have a fedora, take a pic of you wearing it tonight and then post it! Also FANNY PACKS!

That was a plural "you" like the POP community.

34Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:48 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:
Silent K wrote:

You wear hats anyhow, right? WHy not throw a little zazz in there?

well that is true a fedora would crank the cool points.

35Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

kidspider2099 wrote:

Let's not get hasty...but it could help you stand out. Wink

36Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:50 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:
(._Y_.) wrote:YEAH! If you have a fedora, take a pic of you wearing it tonight and then post it! Also FANNY PACKS!

That was a plural "you" like the POP community.

Hell yeah! We'll have the Pop! Fedora pimpin thread!!

I...uh...I don't have any "fanny packs" but I think I might pack a fanny tonight....HARD!

Perv

37Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

Let's not get hasty...but it could help you stand out. Wink

fine it would make less dorky.

38Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:56 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:
I...uh...I don't have any "fanny packs" but I think I might pack a fanny tonight....HARD!

Perv
HEY-OH!

39Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:56 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Silent K wrote:I wouldn't consider that (or most of the hats in this thread) a fedora...it's more Pork-pie...like what Jack and Elwood wear.

I gotta disagree with you there. A pork pie is an un pinched cylindrical hat, so named for its resemblance to an actual pork pie. Buster Keaton being the most famous example that comes to mind.
Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Bk-cfobk
A fedora is creased lengthwise down the crown and pinched in the front on both sides. The version Frozen posted is more similar to a Trilby, though, with the narrower brim upturned in the back.
Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Blues-brothers

40Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:59 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

A quick google image search confirms your definition of pork pie, but also reaffirms my definition. I always figured a fedora was much wider-brimmed, like Bogey and Indy.

41Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hat nerds.

42Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:01 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like the hat and now I want one.

43Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:39 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How the fuck are fedoras lame? Indiana Jones wears a Fedora. Bogart wears a Fedora. Fedoras are the coolest! I plan to get one when i retire. Fuck yeah!

44Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

To twist a little of what Will Smith says in Men in Black (applied to the Fedora or any article of clothing really) "I make this muthafucka look good." It ain't the hat it's the person wearing the hat. Some people can rock any look.

45Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey! I bought a Fedora...is that lame? Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hannibal king wrote:To twist a little of what Will Smith says in Men in Black (applied to the Fedora or any article of clothing really) "I make this muthafucka look good." It ain't the hat it's the person wearing the hat. Some people can rock any look.
I imagine you're one of those people, you suave son of a bitch. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum