Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back-Issue Buys

+17
pumkinheadfan
Sir Not
jaydee74
FroZen
Esbat
prescribeddrone
Rath99
Ric Magnum
Sci-Fi
Administrator
Ben Akers
Astro13Zombie
superdoug
Joshua
shining knight
blue halo
BlueMaxx
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Back-Issue Buys Empty Back-Issue Buys Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:14 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just thought I'd create a place to go to talk about back-issues, and also to talk about my awesome haul that I just ordered about an hour ago! king 'Cause let's face, we all like to flaunt a little, and, I do anyway, like to feel envy from time to time from others' awesomeness. Heh.

I just purchased the entire series Impulse #1-89 + Annuals #1 & 2. Also got the one-shots Impulse: Bart Saves the Universe, Impulse Plus, Impulse One Million, and Impulse/Atom: Double Shot. Throw in the Marvel/DC Amalgam Speed Demon and DC 1st: Flash/Superman, and I am set for a speedster extravaganza!

Oh wait, but that isn't all! Being a big Mike Allred fan, I got both three-issue miniseries of Atomic City Tales and The Atomics #1-15. I believe they're unrelated, but we'll see. I know that Allred loves using the word atomic, hypenated & silly saying names for characters, and the 60s go-go and beatnik styles with arwork, setting and clothing.

And, after hearing so much good about this series and hating to miss a great series, I'm getting the second series of Blue Beetle #1-36 with Jaime Reyes. Soon to be a backstory in Booster Gold. Which'll jack up the price to one more dollar, but unlike Marvel, you get more bang for your buck.

Wait, don't leave yet!!! I'm getting Invincible #49 because it was the only one missing in my chronology of the story. Now I can continue it.

So, does anyone have any issues they'd like to talk about. They don't have to be ridiculous. Like my Invincible issue, did you find any fillers over the past month that you'd been looking for for quite a while?

(Yes, this is a copy/paste from WUMB. ninja )

2Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:07 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just got 'em today. I had my nerd-sense tingle on me. I had them on free-shipping, which roughly mean a week, week and a half, but can sometimes be a damned month. Anyways, I knew it was outside the front door. I so called it. (Now, where's my bags & boards?)

3Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:13 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

My latest Back-Issue Buy was Superman/Batman #1-8! All in NM condition, all 1st prints. I had grabbed a few of the newer issues, because I heard it was a good title, and I wanted to check it out. Loved it, so now I have, #1-8, 50, 52-57 and will fill in the rest when the missus isn't looking!

4Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:40 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Very cool. I got my older bro back into comics and he loves that series.

5Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:09 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I got about fifty issues of fables and ten issues of jack of fables for dirt cheep at a comic fair today

6Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:26 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:I got about fifty issues of fables and ten issues of jack of fables for dirt cheep at a comic fair today
Man, being able to find the Fables series, especially the first 15 issues, is a workout if you don't go Ebay for them. *Napolean Dynamite voice*-Lucky!

7Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:52 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh It was pure luck alright especially in scotland where we like have two back issue shops so the twice yearly comic fair is a really good place for cheap comics and expensive ones I swear this is the truth I saw that superman vs muhammad ali from 1978 for 30 pounds

8Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:51 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice.

Back-Issue Buys Ali04

9Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:22 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was almost tempted but my goal was to fill as much of my fables collection as possible and I think I did that well

There was a lot of ditko spidermans as well but you don't even want to know how much those were selling for

10Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sun May 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hitting the quarter bins at FCBD, I picked up half of the entire Exiles run, fourteen issues of Peter David's X-factor, and another dozen of various comics. It was a beautiful thing.

11Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Mon May 04, 2009 11:05 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

nice

12Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sun May 10, 2009 10:00 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Just picked up a bunch of old issues of What The--?! for cheap! That title made me giggle when I was a kid, so I grabbed every issue my LCS had!

13Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Mon May 11, 2009 9:12 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw a bunch of those recently for cheap

14Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Mon May 11, 2009 11:48 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I scored three nearly complete volumes of Damage Control on the 'Bay. I need issue 3 of Volume 3, and all of the World War Hulk D.C. mini to have them all, though.

I just want to know why it's not an ongoing. Let PAD write it, and I bet it would be a rip-roaring blast of fun.

15Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Mon May 11, 2009 1:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Hitting the quarter bins at FCBD, I picked up half of the entire Exiles run, fourteen issues of Peter David's X-factor, and another dozen of various comics. It was a beautiful thing.
That's fucking fantastic!

blue halo wrote:Just picked up a bunch of old issues of What The--?! for cheap! That title made me giggle when I was a kid, so I grabbed every issue my LCS had!
I vaguely remember that series. Nostalgia

superdoug wrote:I scored three nearly complete volumes of Damage Control on the 'Bay. I need issue 3 of Volume 3, and all of the World War Hulk D.C. mini to have them all, though.

I just want to know why it's not an ongoing. Let PAD write it, and I bet it would be a rip-roaring blast of fun.
It would be a pretty fun series. I mean, almost every story arc in Marvel has something being destroyed.

16Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Mon May 11, 2009 1:52 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Forgot to put this in connection with Josh's post.
I just recently, off a website, bought Exiles #93-100, Exiles: Days of Then and Now, and New Exiles #1-18 + Annual.
And, other Marvel titles, Marvel Zombies 2 series and Marvel Zombies 3 series (With the exception of the last issue, #4.) + Dead Days. Ghost Rider: Danny Ketch #1, 3-5 (Need to find #2.) Oh, and New Avengers Annual #1 (Only because Luke and Jessica get married in it. Connected to Alias.)

DC: Power Girl (Series 1) #1-4. Preppin' for her series. Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. #0-14 (Can't wait to read it!) and Doctor Mid-Nite #1-3 mini. Blue Beetle #13, completing the entire 2nd series (Also prepping for it to become a backstory in Booster Gold.) and Deadshot's first mini #1-4.

Vertigo's two issue mini of Uncle Sam (Pumped!), Blood: A Tale #1 & 3, completing that 4 issue mini of DeMatteis's (I'm just discovering him, an underrated writer IMO, through old titles. Moonshadow, 80's Dr. Fate, 80's Captain Atom, etc.)

17Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue May 12, 2009 4:07 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I......i bought to many to list neutral

18Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Wed May 13, 2009 1:48 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Astro13Zombie wrote:I......i bought to many to list neutral
Psh...LIST 'EM!

NOW! Twisted Evil

19Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Wed May 13, 2009 9:02 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My back issue collection continues to grow day by day last week I purchased an entire run of the original whos who

20Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Wed May 13, 2009 7:47 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Nice. Ya, usually every 3 or 4 months I'd kill a paycheck on back-issues, collecting entire series, but I've really stepped it up this year and I don't know why? Could be because comics right now are dragging. Especially after the burnout I got from the big event failures.

21Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Thu May 14, 2009 3:26 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah I get you... a lot of my current comics list is dropping like flies and I kind of enjoy tracking down older stuff

22Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I just picked up the Legion of Super-Heroes #37 to 50 off of Ebay. I had stopped collecting when Supergirl left but I've been wanting to read the issues.

23Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:21 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, nice catch. Not a fan, but I've heard it is all sorts of good. So catching up is a great thing.

24Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:44 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Astro13Zombie wrote:I......i bought to many to list neutral
Psh...LIST 'EM!

NOW! Twisted Evil

It's two longboxes full Laughing

25Back-Issue Buys Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:43 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I bought a ton of back issues this weekend.
-Exiles
-The Flash (Johns' run)
-X-factor (PAD's run)
-And a smattering of Ex Machina I was missing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum