Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am a New Avenger

+18
Metal Misfit
LordD3r3k
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
TheJest
Foreigner_Man
Fresh03
shining knight
LOOSECANNON
jaydee74
KingJoffers
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
The Ignored One
Jango Fett
prescribeddrone
Mnemosis
Administrator
Bigtymin504
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1I am a New Avenger Empty I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well I figured there would be more Avengers books, but this is kinda surprising. huh

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/avengers-100301.html

And here's the first member...

I am a New Avenger IAmAnAvenger_NewAvengers_a_02

2I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

So... the Luke Cage movie goes into gear?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

3I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:So... the Luke Cage movie goes into gear?
Ha! Better not be Tyrese...

I knew they couldn't just throw Immonen off the Avengers franchise after the great work he's done on New Avengers. Glad he'll be back.

4I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Ugh. New again? We couldn't come up with a better name? REALLY?

5I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:35 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why cancel it just to reboot it? I hate when they do that.

6I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:55 pm

Jango Fett

Jango Fett
Cadet
Cadet

Well, I'm happy! I can't wait for all these Avengers books!

7I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Shouldn't this at LEAST be "Newer" Avengers

8I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:32 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Ugh. New again? We couldn't come up with a better name? REALLY?

I had an idea for an Avengers for Hire book featuring Luke Cage...this seems like its basically the same thing. They shoulda went with that name! Laughing

9I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:05 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Is Luke Cage gonna be the new Wolverine?

I'm interested to see how New Avengers and Thunderbolts interact.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

10I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Why cancel it just to reboot it? I hate when they do that.
In this case I really don't understand why they couldn't just continue with the numbering. It's not like it needed a boost in sales or anything. Oh well at the end of the day it's only numbers and really doesn't mean much in the scheme of things.

11I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:Why cancel it just to reboot it? I hate when they do that.
In this case I really don't understand why they couldn't just continue with the numbering. It's not like it needed a boost in sales or anything. Oh well at the end of the day it's only numbers and really doesn't mean much in the scheme of things.
Yeah they probably could have just kept the same numbering, but I guess they thought it would be easier to relaunch the numbering since the other Avengers titles were starting with #1s. Plus with the Avengers movie a couple years away, I'm guessing they thought this would be more new-reader friendly. By 2012 each of these books will be neatly collected in a few trade volumes.

My hope is that New Avengers actually lives up to its name and features a lot of members that hadn't been Avengers before. With Cage and maybe Iron Fist leading new Avengers like Jessica Jones as Jewel, Misty Knight, and other newcomers for example. That would be cool and make a lot of sense for the title.

12I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm thrilled right now. The fact that Stuart Immonen will still be on an Avengers book excites me to no end.

I didn't know that Luke Cage was going to be leading the Thunderbolts (I don't actively search out info on stuff, only see what people post here). I think that's kinda cool.

Aussiemandias wrote:

While I would have preferred it if they had just kept the numbering, I look at it like one chapter in the NA story ending and a new one beginning. With The Avengers (the book) out there I'm not seeing New Avengers being the flagship Avengers book anymore, so starting it over almost seems right.

13I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 pm

KingJoffers

KingJoffers
Cadet
Cadet

This is good news 2 me, even if it makes the concept of New Avengers Finale laughable,simply cause Bendis gets 2 write an Avengers book where they can spend the entire series fighting ninjas or the Hood and I dont have to worry about the main team dealing with that crap anymore. Dont get me wrong I like New Avengers but I would literally quit reading comics if I have to read Thor fighting the Hand for a year or whatever. Plus im guessing this where Im gonna have to get my Dr.Voodoo fix so its a necessary evil.

14I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another New Avengers title? Ok. So we got Avengers, Secret Avengers and New Avengers. Whatever.

15I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:16 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Avengers Academy.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

16I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:36 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

This stuff's not out yet and I'm already in debt.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

17I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:30 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Avengers Academy.

Why not? That actually could be interesting.

18I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:43 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sweet Christmas Lukes lost his nipples!

19I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Question to all: Will Luke be in two books? Or will New Avengers take the place of Thunderbolts? I mean, isn't that essentially what the Thunderbolts originally were, albeit entirely supervillains

20I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Two books is pretty much a certainty, New Avenger and head of the Thunderbolts, which if they are able to play off that role in the New Avengers could lead to some interesting stories, i.e. things get bad for the NA so Luke calls in his gang of on-call villians to help the heroes out of a jam.

21I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am a New Avenger I_am_a_new_avenger_spider-man_02

scratch

22I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

So, Spidey is going to be on every Avengers team? Man, Wolverine is starting to rub off on ol'Web-Head isn't he.

23I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:42 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:So, Spidey is going to be on every Avengers team? Man, Wolverine is starting to rub off on ol'Web-Head isn't he.

Was it ever actually confirmed that Spidey would be a member of the team of Avengers in the Avengers (the book)? I know he was on a cover for the book, but that doesn't mean he's on the team.

24I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:45 pm

KingJoffers

KingJoffers
Cadet
Cadet

Still waiting for a NEW Avenger. I love the Avengers franchise and cant wait for the titles coming in May, but for this book at least so far I think they kinda dropped the ball with the character reveals. Is this title gonna be the overexposed Avengers? I mean im just waiting for Wolverine an Deadpool to join.

25I am a New Avenger Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:53 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Was it ever actually confirmed that Spidey would be a member of the team of Avengers in the Avengers (the book)? I know he was on a cover for the book, but that doesn't mean he's on the team.

Yeah it was, it's him, Wolverine, Ironman, Thor, and Bucky Cap as the permanent members with a revolving door on the rest of the members for said mission.

http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/12238

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum