Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am a New Avenger

+18
Metal Misfit
LordD3r3k
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
TheJest
Foreigner_Man
Fresh03
shining knight
LOOSECANNON
jaydee74
KingJoffers
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
The Ignored One
Jango Fett
prescribeddrone
Mnemosis
Administrator
Bigtymin504
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

151I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:26 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

^ Bendis used that part of Peter's character once, in the awful "Collective" story arc.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

152I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:20 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:^ Bendis used that part of Peter's character once, in the awful "Collective" story arc.

I'm not sure I read that. Was that the New Avengers? Well, hopefully they'll use it again.

153I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:^ Bendis used that part of Peter's character once, in the awful "Collective" story arc.

I'm not sure I read that. Was that the New Avengers? Well, hopefully they'll use it again.

Yeah, that was New Avengers. I want to say it was the 4th arc of the book.

154I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:16 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

true that story was stupid but that wasn't because peter was being used a scientist

155I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:30 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I didn't say it was the reason. It's just that other than Peter being used for his mind, this story was probably the worst thing Bendis ever written.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

156I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:48 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:I didn't say it was the reason. It's just that other than Peter being used for his mind, this story was probably the worst thing Bendis ever written.

Really? It was THAT bad?!

157I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:12 pm

KingJoffers

KingJoffers
Cadet
Cadet

^ Yeah it was definetly Bendis's worst written arc of anything ever and also it had some of the weakest work I have ever seen outta Mike Deodato. The Collective was just a hot mess.

158I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New Avengers #1

I am a New Avenger - Page 7 NewAvengers1

Awesome art...and looks like Ms. Marvel is on the squad!

159I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No....Iron Fist? grrr

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm calm now. But seriously, Bendis needs to get on it and add Iron Fist already.

160I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:No....Iron Fist? grrr

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm calm now. But seriously, Bendis needs to get on it and add Iron Fist already.

Yeah he better be on the team!

161I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:28 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Well, Jewel isn't on that cover...

I think Bendis wants to add heroes during the first issue or two for some of these teams, so I wouldn't get all shook up about them just yet....

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

162I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:New Avengers #1

I am a New Avenger - Page 7 NewAvengers1

Awesome art...and looks like Ms. Marvel is on the squad!

Immonen is just amazing. His work gets better and better. I LOVE his Thing (that's what she said).

There is one thing that I don't like, and it's not an issue with Immonen. I just HATE the lines on Wolverine's gloves. They make them look stupid. I preferred it before Marvel added those.

163I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:44 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:There is one thing that I don't like, and it's not an issue with Immonen. I just HATE the lines on Wolverine's gloves. They make them look stupid. I preferred it before Marvel added those.

YES! THANK YOU! I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want to look like I was just trying to nitpick something, but yeah, it's just ridiculous. The lines don't even make sense. They just taper off unevenly. If you're going to be lazy about it, just leave it out. don't know

Overall, I don't really care for Wolverine's current look. The toothpick claws, the striped gloves, the odd mask. He just doesn't look badass anymore, which I'm sure is a big reason he went from being my favorite character to someone I barely care about anymore

164I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:49 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Haha I don't care for the lines either, I think some artists put them and some don't right now.

That said, this new New Avengers art is some of the best art I've seen from Immonen, and that's saying something. Whoever is doing the inking/coloring for these, they better be doing interiors too.

165I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:53 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I mean it's just so random. Nothing else on the costume is striped like that, why bother doing it on the gloves? It's just so odd

166I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:58 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Overall, I don't really care for Wolverine's current look. The toothpick claws, the striped gloves, the odd mask. He just doesn't look badass anymore, which I'm sure is a big reason he went from being my favorite character to someone I barely care about anymore

Yeah I've always thought that Logan should go back to his dark orange and brown suit (the one Daken wore with the Dark Avengers), maybe with a few updates here and there.

I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Wolverine_Origins_Vol_1_1_Textless

I dunno how much sense it makes for him to wear bright yellow, but for some reason Joe Q apparently insists on it. It looks ok when the yellow is more muted, but overall I think the other one makes more sense. Or the X-Force black and silver, that one is really badass.

167I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:07 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:Overall, I don't really care for Wolverine's current look. The toothpick claws, the striped gloves, the odd mask. He just doesn't look badass anymore, which I'm sure is a big reason he went from being my favorite character to someone I barely care about anymore

Yeah I've always thought that Logan should go back to his dark orange and brown suit (the one Daken wore with the Dark Avengers), maybe with a few updates here and there.

I dunno how much sense it makes for him to wear bright yellow, but for some reason Joe Q apparently insists on it. It looks ok when the yellow is more muted, but overall I think the other one makes more sense. Or the X-Force black and silver, that one is really badass.

Eh, black looks cool because it's black. Everything looks good in black. As Spinal Tap would say "always a fine choice". But it's also cliche. Want someone to look angsty? Dress him in black! *in my best diva impression* It's so last week Rolling Eyes Laughing

I agree about the brown costume though. That was always a cool one. Though I just don't like those short pig-sticker claws and the reduced mask. It's like neutering the beast! Laughing

168I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:16 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Eh, black looks cool because it's black. Everything looks good in black. As Spinal Tap would say "always a fine choice". But it's also cliche. Want someone to look angsty? Dress him in black! *in my best diva impression* It's so last week Rolling Eyes Laughing

I agree about the brown costume though. That was always a cool one. Though I just don't like those short pig-sticker claws and the reduced mask. It's like neutering the beast! Laughing

Agreed about the claws. I always like them drawn more blade-like (I remember there was a poll thread for that at WUMB lol). More like this:
I am a New Avenger - Page 7 X-Force_Vol_3_1_page_00_James_Howlett_%28Earth-616%29

I actually like the mask a little shorter and tamer though. I don't like when the points are too long and floppy looking. Laughing

169I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:32 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Agreed about the claws. I always like them drawn more blade-like (I remember there was a poll thread for that at WUMB lol). More like this:
I am a New Avenger - Page 7 X-Force_Vol_3_1_page_00_James_Howlett_%28Earth-616%29

EXACTLY, now these claws look like they could fuck you up. Those other ones just look like something you'd use to roast little cocktail weenies Laughing

I actually like the mask a little shorter and tamer though. I don't like when the points are too long and floppy looking. Laughing

It's alittle much when it's crazy exaggerated, but having it longer made it look more menacing, IMO. This shorter look just does nothing for me.

170I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:45 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

EXACTLY, now these claws look like they could fuck you up. Those other ones just look like something you'd use to roast little cocktail weenies

I am a New Avenger - Page 7 23_deadpool__merc_with_a_mouth_10_02

171I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:04 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:
I am a New Avenger - Page 7 23_deadpool__merc_with_a_mouth_10_02

Ugh.. I just can't take that guy seriously anymore. And yes, I realize the irony in that statement.

172I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:20 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I only posted it because he's saying the same thing you are about the claws Laughing

And don't mind the cover, the book is actually good. It improved from the first 2 issues, which were decent. Now it's picked up a lot, IMO. Every cover has been a satire of something so far.

But yeah, you reserve the right to dislike afro

I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Wolverine1_medium

173I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:24 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I only posted it because he's saying the same thing you are about the claws Laughing

And don't mind the cover, the book is actually good. It improved from the first 2 issues, which were decent. Now it's picked up a lot, IMO. Every cover has been a satire of something so far.

But yeah, you reserve the right to dislike afro
Hey man I liked your Deadpool sig you made. Was that you in the costume?

174I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:27 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:I only posted it because he's saying the same thing you are about the claws Laughing

I recognized the homage, but I'm not sure if they're actually make fun of Wolverine's stubby claws or if they're just having Deadpool be Deadpool Wink

175I am a New Avenger - Page 7 Empty Re: I am a New Avenger Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:28 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

I recognized the homage, but I'm not sure if they're actually make fun of Wolverine's stubby claws or if they're just having Deadpool be Deadpool Wink

Could be both since all 10 covers have been homages to other things. But Deadpool does see Wolverine's claws as salad utensils in Wolverine: Origins issue 21 or 20 something. So at least he shares that view point Very Happy

Bigtymin

My avatar? Yeah, that's me in the mask and a black thermal long sleeve, red t-shirt and black short sleeve button up...and 2 dollar red gloves if that counts as a costume.

I am a New Avenger - Page 7 2eol46u

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum