Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Arrow

+11
Spazzy
Aussiemandias
G_Zatara
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
LOOSECANNON
jaydee74
Batman25JM
rwe1138
LordD3r3k
Foreigner_Man
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:10 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*Lights torch* Time for a good ol'fashioned nerd-mob!

27Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:33 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Right on! afro

28Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can see the powers-that-be breaking up the couple. It's not like they haven't done that before.

29Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:05 am

Peg leg Pete

Peg leg Pete
Cadet
Cadet

so..i haven't read cry for justice...i didn't know it was so GA-heavy, and i have a bit of a limited budget, but i did read a synopsis that mentioned that Prometheus was taking advantage of Blackest Night to strike at the heroes...

has it been said that cry for justice is before BN, or has it just been assumed?

30Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:15 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Peg leg Pete wrote:so..i haven't read cry for justice...i didn't know it was so GA-heavy, and i have a bit of a limited budget, but i did read a synopsis that mentioned that Prometheus was taking advantage of Blackest Night to strike at the heroes...

has it been said that cry for justice is before BN, or has it just been assumed?

I believe it was specifically stated in an issue of JLA. I mean, the aftermath of some of the things that Prometheus does to some of the heroes is seen in Blackest Night.

31Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:05 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ It's not too GA heavy, although the Arsenal mini is an offshoot from it. (Poor Roy.)

32Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow #32

Decent issue wrapping up the repercussions of Ollie's action. Not alot of hoopla here, but between the ending here and the event that happened in Brightest Day #0, I'm very interested to see where Ollie is headed. He's on the outs with the League and I've always had a soft spot for the Robin Hood tales, which it seems Ollie will bare even more likeness to.

33Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:01 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Saw this comment over at Newsarama. Best. Ever.

Spoiler:

34Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:59 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Green Arrow #32

Decent issue wrapping up the repercussions of Ollie's action. Not alot of hoopla here, but between the ending here and the event that happened in Brightest Day #0, I'm very interested to see where Ollie is headed. He's on the outs with the League and I've always had a soft spot for the Robin Hood tales, which it seems Ollie will bare even more likeness to.
I have to admit I wasn't really interested in getting the new Green Arrow book (or is the numbering continuing? Can't remember and not a big deal anyway) but I'm also intrigued after seeing what happened in Brightest Day. Could have me hooked enough to check it out.

35Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow #32

Meh. I didn't hate the writing. I just don't like what they are doing. They are undoing all the development of the past four or five years. Ollie and Dinah are once again estranged, Ollie's on the outs, and Dinah is running to the Birds of Prey again. As happy as I am to have BoP back, they didn't need to break Ollie and Dinah up again.

I HATED the art this issue.

I think now would be the perfect time to put Speedy back on the Teen Titans. Ollie doesn't really want her brought down with him, and wants her to be with good role models. They need to put her back on the team.

36Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:00 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I just don't like what they are doing. They are undoing all the development of the past four or five years.

Undoing the development, or merely staying true to the character? No one cheered greater than I when they got married. First, because it was a great story. And second, because this was a marriage that actually made sense.

But Ollie is destructive by nature. He ruins everything because he just can't stop himself. Which is very true to life. That's one of the things that makes Ollie great as a character. He probably has the biggest heart of anyone out there, but he will ALWAYS f*@k it up in the end. This breakup was only a matter of time, but I highly doubt we've seen the last of these two.

37Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:26 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I just don't like what they are doing. They are undoing all the development of the past four or five years.

Undoing the development, or merely staying true to the character? No one cheered greater than I when they got married. First, because it was a great story. And second, because this was a marriage that actually made sense.

But Ollie is destructive by nature. He ruins everything because he just can't stop himself. Which is very true to life. That's one of the things that makes Ollie great as a character. He probably has the biggest heart of anyone out there, but he will ALWAYS f*@k it up in the end. This breakup was only a matter of time, but I highly doubt we've seen the last of these two.

Ollie may be destructive, but this just feels forced. Black Canary seemed to just give up too easily. I don't know, it just didn't feel right. And people change. Just because Ollie has screwed things up in the past doesn't mean that he will in the future.

I doubt GA and BC are done for good, and I hope they do get back together, but this breakup then makeup line of storytelling is getting old. You can't just keep doing the same thing over and over and over again.

Also, they went out of their way to make Ollie completely alone again. Not only is BC gone, but so is Connor, Roy, and it seems Mia as well. I could accept BC being gone, but some of the others feels even more forced than breaking BC and GA up. Not to mention that BC is running right back to the BoP. Isn't this sorta what happened before?

38Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:14 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Ollie may be destructive, but this just feels forced. Black Canary seemed to just give up too easily.

Give up too easily? You've been following this book right? We've been watching their relationship slowly disintegrate over the last year or so.

Also, they went out of their way to make Ollie completely alone again. Not only is BC gone, but so is Connor, Roy, and it seems Mia as well. I could accept BC being gone, but some of the others feels even more forced than breaking BC and GA up. Not to mention that BC is running right back to the BoP. Isn't this sorta what happened before?

-The marriage has been strained for a year now, and him killing Prometheus was the last straw
-Conner is disgusted by Ollie's actions and wants nothing to do with him
-Roy is going down his own destructive path
-Ollie doesn't want Mia getting caught up in his mistakes.

I don't see how any of that is forced. don't know

39Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Ollie may be destructive, but this just feels forced. Black Canary seemed to just give up too easily.

Give up too easily? You've been following this book right? We've been watching their relationship slowly disintegrate over the last year or so.

Yeah, I've been following the book (though I haven't read every issue, I own them, but it was sucking so much I have yet to read them). I know the marriage was disintegrating, but it still feels off. I mean, shit happens. I just feel like if she REALLY loved him, she'd at least try to make it work after this. If after a while she just can't, then I'd accept it more, but to just call it quits right off the bat doesn't sit well with me.

LordD3r3k wrote:

-The marriage has been strained for a year now, and him killing Prometheus was the last straw
-Conner is disgusted by Ollie's actions and wants nothing to do with him
-Roy is going down his own destructive path
-Ollie doesn't want Mia getting caught up in his mistakes.

I don't see how any of that is forced. don't know

I never said that it wasn't explained in the story, I'm just saying it's like DC went out of their way to make him alone. I mean, if one or two of his family left him that's one thing, but ALL of them? It just doesn't feel right.

Would you be so accepting of this type of thing if it was Marvel doing it? Very Happy

40Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:45 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Yeah, I've been following the book (though I haven't read every issue, I own them, but it was sucking so much I have yet to read them). I know the marriage was disintegrating, but it still feels off. I mean, shit happens. I just feel like if she REALLY loved him, she'd at least try to make it work after this. If after a while she just can't, then I'd accept it more, but to just call it quits right off the bat doesn't sit well with me.

But again, it's not right off the bat. Ollie has been screwing up, though some of it not entirely his fault, for the better part of a year. And we're talking about murder here. Real people don't just look the other way at that.

Would you be so accepting of this type of thing if it was Marvel doing it? Very Happy

Honestly, it wouldn't be about accepting or not accepting, I probably just wouldn't give a shit Laughing

41Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:53 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Yeah, I've been following the book (though I haven't read every issue, I own them, but it was sucking so much I have yet to read them). I know the marriage was disintegrating, but it still feels off. I mean, shit happens. I just feel like if she REALLY loved him, she'd at least try to make it work after this. If after a while she just can't, then I'd accept it more, but to just call it quits right off the bat doesn't sit well with me.

But again, it's not right off the bat. Ollie has been screwing up, though some of it not entirely his fault, for the better part of a year. And we're talking about murder here. Real people don't just look the other way at that.

Some people might. Didn't GA kill before? I thought he did in the late 80s. BC knows Ollie isn't perfect. He's screwed up before. Why could she get past that, but not this? I know there's the straw that broke the camel's back argument, but I don't like that.

What did Ollie do that was so bad over the past year? Like I said, I haven't read every issue (there are a few issues in the early 20s of the series that I have yet to read).

I would have just liked it more if BC had at least tried to move past it or help Ollie. She had to see he needed her. If she had at least tried, even if it was only for an issue or two, and then just said, "I can't do it", I think I would have been happier. I also don't like the fact that she didn't come to his trial.

LordD3r3k wrote:

Honestly, it wouldn't be about accepting or not accepting, I probably just wouldn't give a shit Laughing

Laughing

I'm gonna keep this in mind. The next time Marvel does something like this I don't want to see yo call crap. Wink Laughing

42Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:03 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Some people might. Didn't GA kill before? I thought he did in the late 80s. BC knows Ollie isn't perfect. He's screwed up before. Why could she get past that, but not this? I know there's the straw that broke the camel's back argument, but I don't like that.

He killed in Longbow Hunters, but that was to save Dinah from being raped and tortured. What he did to Prometheus was just cold blooded murder

What did Ollie do that was so bad over the past year? Like I said, I haven't read every issue (there are a few issues in the early 20s of the series that I have yet to read).

Their relationship started to strain when Cupid (was that her name?) showed up. In the end, it turned out to be alot of miscommunication (and some impersonation by Everyman), but the damage seemed to be done to where Dinah didn't want to deal with it anymore

I also don't like the fact that she didn't come to his trial.

But that was the ultimate "F YOU!" Laughing

Laughing

I'm gonna keep this in mind. The next time Marvel does something like this I don't want to see yo call crap. Wink Laughing

It's mostly for the sake of conversation Wink

43Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Some people might. Didn't GA kill before? I thought he did in the late 80s. BC knows Ollie isn't perfect. He's screwed up before. Why could she get past that, but not this? I know there's the straw that broke the camel's back argument, but I don't like that.

He killed in Longbow Hunters, but that was to save Dinah from being raped and tortured. What he did to Prometheus was just cold blooded murder

Okay, but it's still killing someone. It can be argued (by some) that murder is murder no matter the reason. In this case it was for revenge for Roy and Lian. I think that could be understood. I guess not.

LordD3r3k wrote:

Their relationship started to strain when Cupid (was that her name?) showed up. In the end, it turned out to be alot of miscommunication (and some impersonation by Everyman), but the damage seemed to be done to where Dinah didn't want to deal with it anymore

That's weak IMO. It seems like the equivalent of a woman being pissed at her partner for something he did in a dream.

LordD3r3k wrote:
I also don't like the fact that she didn't come to his trial.

But that was the ultimate "F YOU!" Laughing

Yeah, but she supposedly still loves him. Why do something like that?

LordD3r3k wrote:
Laughing

It's mostly for the sake of conversation Wink

So you like to engage in conversations to aggravate people? Laughing

44Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:21 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Okay, but it's still killing someone. It can be argued (by some) that murder is murder no matter the reason. In this case it was for revenge for Roy and Lian. I think that could be understood. I guess not.

It's definitely a gray area. Dinah may be able to look past it the first time because it was self defense. And it was to save her personally. When it done out of rage, she may see it as a sign of weakness, and being no better than a villain

That's weak IMO. It seems like the equivalent of a woman being pissed at her partner for something he did in a dream.

That was the general gist. I'm sure I've left out the finer details

Yeah, but she supposedly still loves him. Why do something like that?

You've never pissed off a woman before, have you? Laughing Wink

Heh, think of it as a way of balancing the scales. For example, the resurrections in Blackest Night for some reason caused a shit storm. Yet, the resurrections in X-Men go over without a peep. I just don't understand the hypocrisy.

45Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:04 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I honestly don't care if Dinah and Green Arrow stay married or not. I think they have enough problems that while I don't want to see them get divorced, a separation would be interesting for both characters. At least for awhile. Dinah is more of a traditional hero. She does the right thing for the right reason. At his best, Green Arrow has always been better when he was the hunter instead of the traditional hero. I'm not saying I want him to be a killer or anything but I do like him better when he uses more extreme measures to get the job done.

46Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Agreed

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

47Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:35 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Yeah, but she supposedly still loves him. Why do something like that?

You've never pissed off a woman before, have you? Laughing Wink

Apparently not. Wink

LordD3r3k wrote:

Heh, think of it as a way of balancing the scales. For example, the resurrections in Blackest Night for some reason caused a shit storm. Yet, the resurrections in X-Men go over without a peep. I just don't understand the hypocrisy.

I don't either. I actually think (despite what some might say) that I'm a fairly even person when it comes to the big two. I hate the double standards from both sides of the fence. I didn't understand the hate for the resurrections in BN either.

48Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sat May 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Peg leg Pete

Peg leg Pete
Cadet
Cadet

I would have liked to see Dinah take on a nurturing-type role...it is a little odd. seems like the flips from "let me help you make everything better" to "fuck this noise, i'm out" kind of randomly.

it's one of the issues i'm missing, but if i remember right, Mia has even killed before, toward the end of the GA run just before the wedding. I've always liked that Ollie is passion personified, and Dinah is there to reel him back in...

but the most frustrating thing is that this isn't a permanent thing. i'd bet almost everything i own that within three years they are back together again. i do like the idea of Dinah saying "look, this was a big deal, i need time to work it out before i can come back." i do like the idea of ollie going "i don't deserve her, so i'm not going to pursue her (ollie's track record is that he acts out, then immediately regrets it, so that's kind of in line.) what i DON'T like is what they did do, where dinah tosses the ring on the jailhouse floor and walks out. and then hal basically comes along with the Clown Hammer of Obviousness and says, "yeah, she still loves you."

...it just feels like we're going to get a lot of pointless on-and-off stuff for the next couple years, and then they'll settle down again for another year...and then they'll break up again.

i really wish there could be ONE super-couple who's relationship wasn't always on the rocks.

49Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu May 13, 2010 8:53 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I've seen the preview of the new #1 for Green Arrow. I gotta say it looks pretty bad ass.

50Green Arrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu May 13, 2010 7:47 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:So, I've seen the preview of the new #1 for Green Arrow. I gotta say it looks pretty bad ass.

You damn skippy! Ollie isn't pulling any punches.. er, arrows! Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum