Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Arrow

+11
Spazzy
Aussiemandias
G_Zatara
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
LOOSECANNON
jaydee74
Batman25JM
rwe1138
LordD3r3k
Foreigner_Man
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:27 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I do like how they noted how the people were on Green Arrow's side. I have a hard time imgaining that people would be upset that a citizen of their city killed the guy who caused such devastation to their city. It would be like being pissed at Bloomberg for killing Osama Bin Laden. It doesn't make much sense. Arrow should have gotten a medal. Anyways, decent issue.

77Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:01 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Agreed. It's awesome that the public is on his side.

78Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:43 pm

EireJack

EireJack
Cadet
Cadet

I have a weird relationship with DC in that I get into a character and then their Arc dramatically changes, I've been down this road with Green Arrow three times now. The difference though is that every new direction has been more interesting than the last.

79Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:00 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

GA #1

I took a risk on this sorely for the fact I haven't read Green Arrow since Winick/Meltzer, absolutely dying for something close to those results in the meanwhile. This, sadly, isn't on par with any of the G.A. greats, but it does hover around every comic fan's favorite word: potential. The art is clean, DC-usual but colorful and exciting, stiff and non-elegant, definitely intriguing. There's certainly highs and lows with more to the former. With more interesting events being written, I definitely see something more fine-tuned.

Having not read ol' Ollie Queen in sometime I'm going to assume that this is about as good as its going to be for a while, or has been, considering the overall lack of blogging, reviewing and noteworthy comments surrounding the title. Is that enough to jump on yet another comic? At this point I'm not too sure. The story, albeit by-the-numbers, still sends off enough chills and thrills to get me interested in next month's. Not checking out Cry For Justice was a good thing at the time, but may have put me in an awkward predicament when not understanding much of this #1's precedent nature.

For all of that, I will give extra points for giving us a $4 comic worth the doe. There's almost 10 extra pages, without previews or horrendous back-ups. Bravo.

3.5/5

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

80Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^Agreed. It's awesome that the public is on his side.
It would make sense. I can't really think of anyone beside Superman who is really a "hero of the people" like Ollie is.

81Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:47 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow #2

I actually liked this issue quite a bit. As I said with the first issue, this book has potential, and this issue began to show more of that.

I'm loving the art.

The shock that they last page should have had was pretty non existent since this relaunch just started. I am curious to see what happens though. I'm assuming that the forest will bring him back to life.

82Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Peg leg Pete

Peg leg Pete
Cadet
Cadet

god...i am so pumped for issue #2. my comic shop of choice is close to 30 miles away, so i make one trip a month and load up on everything all at once.

I have to say that, having just read issue #1, they seem to be going in a Longbow Hunters direction, which i fully support.

Actually, i am pretty glad in general with the more "look back at GA's history" things that have come out recently. They seem to be trying to push Ollie into a top-tier position in the DCU, and are trying to make it easy for newcomers to learn about a character that has largely taken a back seat in the past.

83Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:16 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

awesome cover art for #2...i'm liking it..

84Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:55 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow #3

Okay, wow. This series is taking a weird turn. I have to say, I much prefer GA to be a street level hero (like Batman). However, I can't say I'm hating this book. It's not my favorite, but I'm enjoying it enough to keep buying it.

I kept thinking about Gargoyles (the Disney show) during this episode. The whole thing with Galahad reminded me of the Avalon storyline on Gargoyles.

85Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:56 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, this issue was alittle weaker than the last two, but I'm still curious to see where it goes

86Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:13 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Glad I'm sticking to this run if for no other reason than the wondrously painted cover art. But really, Krul's writing on #3 is dense enough to take your money's worth and a nice looking book too. Also, if you're following B-Day, you're in for a treat on both sides. This new run continues to be solid, and perhaps the most enjoyable since Meltzer/Winick.

87Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow #4

Didn't enjoy this. Half of it was stuff we'd seen in Brightest Day, and the other have was just meh. I want to love this book, and god knows it's better than what Kreisberg was writing, but it's nowhere near as good as when Winick was on it. I know I have said it before, but I just LOVED Winick's run on GA and GA/BC. It's one of my favorite runs of any book ever, and I want that kind of enjoyment out of GA again. He's one of my favorite characters.

This book still has the potential to be cool, but it's floundering a little right now. I'm not sure what it's going to turn into. It seems to be dangling between a few types of stories, and I want it to just pick one.

I wish that damn forest would go away, and GA would go back to being a street level vigilante. Those elements are still in the book, but so is the mystical stuff, and I don't like that stuff much with a non powered hero, at least not when they are on a solo adventure. Sure, there are exceptions to that rule for me. Winick used supernatural elements in parts of his run, but he made them fun and entertaining.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

88Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:11 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

GA #4

Thus far I gave GA the bene of the doubt and have never looked back: until now. It's true what the critics are saying about the split-plot threads killing the title's theme, it's aura, and it's point. I'm never too sure whether Green Arrow is a mystifying adventure tail ala Robin Hood or an overly politicized drama involving dimentia. Really, let's take what's all very good in this book and make it one heavy draw.

Speaking of draw, what were all-very descriptive bright sketches are now annoying over-the-top depictions and cartoonish drudgery. Until next time.

2.5/5 - To remain, or not to...?

89Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:13 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow #5

I actually liked this issue. It wasn't fantastic, but it was good enough. I'd say I liked it the best out of Krul's run so far. I'm still not big on the mystical forest stuff, but whatever. The art was awesome in this issue. I just love GA's current costume.

90Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow #6

I quite enjoyed this issue. The art was fantastic.

91Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:46 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like this direction of Ollie retaking an interest in his company combined with this woman from his father's escapades.

92Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been enjoying it for the most parts. I mean, yes there are times it lags, but its picking back up? right??!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

93Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I dunno hunny I dropped it lol

94Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:I've been enjoying it for the most parts. I mean, yes there are times it lags, but its picking back up? right??!

Yeah, it has been.

95Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow #7 & #8

Okay, I had thought this book was getting better, but honestly, I hated these two issues. It got too mystical for a GA for my liking. Also, I HATE Etrigan.

I desperately want Winick to come back to this book.

Right now the only thing keeping me from dropping this book is my love for Green Arrow, but I don't know how much longer that will save this book from being dropped.

96Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:50 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The best part of the last book was the interaction with the JSA. I kinda like how Ollie is on the outs with the other heroes at the moment

97Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^That was really the only part I liked in the issue.

98Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:35 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had the idea that I would like to see a DC Event, even a mini, that focuses on the DC Archers -- ALL of them. I would like Green Arrow to put together a team consisting of himself, Connor Hawke, Speedy, Robin Hood, Arrowette, and White Feather (of the Inferior Five) taking on Merlyn, Red Arrow/Arsenal, Rising Sun Archer, and the couple of other arrow-based villains (bring back the Rainbow Archer...ooh! Tie it into the emotional spectrum through him. Then you can guest-star some Lanterns to increase interest) in some sort of glorified urban Robin Hood scenario, perhaps where Merlyn has become mayor of Star City or some such...

With the right writer and artist (I'd love to see maybe Palmiotti do something like this), I think it could do for Green Arrow what Blackest Night did for the Lanterns.

99Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:40 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I dig it

100Green Arrow - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Arrow Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I do too.