The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Boys

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: The Boys on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:26 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Issue #41

This was a pretty amusing issue. Superduper are truly lame but in the scheme of things really should just be left alone. The scariest thing in this issue was the look on Butcher's face in the last panel. Damn he really looks like he wants to kill Hughie - he's just drawing all the wrong conclusions. I'm glad MM is looking into this now because he might be the only thing that saves Hughie's arse.

View user profile

52 Re: The Boys on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Paroxysm

Zombie
Zombie
I just started reading thing, so far it's fucking hilarious.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

53 Re: The Boys on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:35 am

I'm catching up on the last 8 or so issues, the origin of Mother's Milk makes me remember why I love Garth Ennis so much, that one issue a while back where he had to stop at his mothers house is making a little more sense now, I was laughing my %#@! ass off. lmao

View user profile

54 Re: The Boys on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:13 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I just ordered Volume 4.

------------------------------------

Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

55 Re: The Boys on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Adam Mcay to direct The Boys, but wait....Samuel Bayer may have something to say about that.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/26/anchorman-director-adam-mckay-to-adapt-comic-series-the-boys/

View user profile

56 Re: The Boys on Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Warren_Worthington IV wrote:Adam Mcay to direct The Boys, but wait....Samuel Bayer may have something to say about that.
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/26/anchorman-director-adam-mckay-to-adapt-comic-series-the-boys/

This is a thread about this over in the tv/cinema section. Of course I had to put my 2 cents in Laughing

Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

57 Re: The Boys on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:20 am

^I searched for one before I posted that damn post too, haha. Figures.

View user profile

58 Re: The Boys on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:14 pm

After listening to Lee rave about "The Boys" on the "Pop-cast", I had to give it a try. I'm absolutely hooked now and loving every issue!

View user profile

59 Re: The Boys on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:22 pm

Rath99

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
shanhain wrote:After listening to Lee rave about "The Boys" on the "Pop-cast", I had to give it a try. I'm absolutely hooked now and loving every issue!

Look forward to this every month!

View user profile

60 Re: The Boys on Tue May 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Issue #42

Well things are building up not so nicely for Hughie. I can see what's going to happen next as Butcher's plan is not going to work and it's going to make Hughie look bad. If Butcher orchestrates a fight between Malchemical and Hughie, I'm sure by that point Malchemical's going to be thinking Hughie is the guy from Vought who's going to be assessing his performance therefore will hold back in the fight. This is just going to fuel Hughie's suspicions even more.

There's so much stuff building up in this storyline now it's great. On top of Butcher's paranoia about Hughie, it's just a matter of time until Hughie and his girlfriend's secrets are revealed to each other and then what's going to happen?

View user profile

61 Re: The Boys on Tue May 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Avoiding reading any comments here, but just wanted to say I've caught up to issue #38 so far, and loving it! This series is so awesomely preposterous. Garth Ennis seems to have a real disdain for superheroes in general. Laughing

View user profile

62 Re: The Boys on Sat May 15, 2010 5:12 am

I'm interested in what is going down with Hughie. I'm glad the ball is rolling and hope it doesn't stall like before.

View user profile

63 Re: The Boys on Sat May 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Rath99

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I'm interested in what is going down with Hughie. I'm glad the ball is rolling and hope it doesn't stall like before.

It's getting close to stalling. They need to advance the story line and get this going.

View user profile

64 Re: The Boys on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Issue #43 - Well, I think MM saved Hughie big time here. I really hate to think what Billy was going to do to him although everything isn't exactly rosy just yet. Billy's still got plans for Hughie and they don't sound good.

I don't know about anyone else but I get the distinct impression there is not going to be a happy ending to this series. Butcher's right about one thing - MM's confronting of the man from Vought may just push things over the edge.

And that Malchemical was yet another depraved Supe. These guys really are all pretty messed up.

View user profile

65 Re: The Boys on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:05 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The Boys Forty-Four

I think this book is back in form. I'm really intersted in the main characters again and most of all I can't wait to find out what happens next issue which is a good sign that the story is well and truly intriguing. Absolutely can't wait to see the next scene between Annie and Hughie.

I thought it was great work on the art from Russ Braun. It's not as jarring as when John McCrea has filled in. Nothing against McCrea's art but it's quite different from Darick Robertson's and I feel it's better with someone who keeps more to Robertson's style of art.

View user profile

66 Re: The Boys on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:50 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:The Boys Forty-Four

I think this book is back in form. I'm really intersted in the main characters again and most of all I can't wait to find out what happens next issue which is a good sign that the story is well and truly intriguing. Absolutely can't wait to see the next scene between Annie and Hughie.

I thought it was great work on the art from Russ Braun. It's not as jarring as when John McCrea has filled in. Nothing against McCrea's art but it's quite different from Darick Robertson's and I feel it's better with someone who keeps more to Robertson's style of art.

Yeah I can't wait till the Hughie and Annie scene too! And Braun's art was definitely a very smooth transition from Robertson.

View user profile

67 Re: The Boys on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
The Boys Forty-Five

The scene between Annie and Hughie was brilliant. There is no way I predicted Hughie would throw up! Laughing

Homelander is really brewing up some trouble, The Female continued to be a very scary individual, Oh Father is just plain wrong, Russ Braun is doing a great job filling in for Robertson. Yep, I'm loving The Boys right now.

I am so hoping there's a happy ending for Hughie in all of this. I think he and Annie may be the only truly good people in all of this.

View user profile

68 Re: The Boys on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Rath99

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Just read #46. This book never disappoints! Love the interaction between Hughie and Butcher. Hughie will never look at his girl the same ever again.

View user profile

69 Re: The Boys on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:12 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Rath99 wrote:Just read #46. This book never disappoints! Love the interaction between Hughie and Butcher. Hughie will never look at his girl the same ever again.

Issue Forty-Six

I thought, for what was essentially one big conversation, this issue was fantastic. I think Ennis is well and truly back on song and he really has done a terrific job on this title of slowly revealing information and building everything up. I get the distinct feeling we're getting closer and closer to everything coming to a head.

Every month it's another case of poor Hughie.

View user profile

70 Re: The Boys on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:44 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Don't know if anyone's picking up the Highland Laddie mini series but the second issue was really, really good. I was a little unsure after this first issue but with this second one I thought it really picked up. In the main it's a great character study of Hughie but there's plenty of other good stuff going on. In particular the foul-mouthed, name-calling villain is pretty funny and the tales of Hughie and his friends' youths as amateur detectives is great.

View user profile

71 Re: The Boys on Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:00 pm

Rath99

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Aussiemandias wrote:Don't know if anyone's picking up the Highland Laddie mini series but the second issue was really, really good. I was a little unsure after this first issue but with this second one I thought it really picked up. In the main it's a great character study of Hughie but there's plenty of other good stuff going on. In particular the foul-mouthed, name-calling villain is pretty funny and the tales of Hughie and his friends' youths as amateur detectives is great.

I have the first 2 issues waiting for me to read them

View user profile

72 Re: The Boys on Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Issue Forty-Seven

Oh Hughie. You lost me a little bit with your verbal attack on Annie this issue. I can understand the pain you're feeling and it is mostly due to Butcher messing with your head but that's no way to talk to any woman. I thought you were better than that. Like Annie said these are things you can't ever take back.

Good stuff from Garth Ennis yet again. Hughie's a mess, Annie's a mess (and I worry about what she might do next), Butcher is starting to become pretty unlikeable (in my opinion) but he's always been a prick. Everything's going south and it's a great read.

View user profile

73 Re: The Boys on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Just finished Issue 47 and holy shyte, I'm speechless.......totally speechless.

View user profile

74 Re: The Boys on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:07 pm

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Highland Laddie #3

I think each issue of this has been better than the last. This issue was excellent and I'm finding the whole thing very well written. This series is doing a beautiful job of fleshing out the Hughie character and his family and friends. Have to say I did not expect to see Annie turn up so I am really looking forward to the next issue.

View user profile

75 Re: The Boys on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:43 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Issue #48

First of all, The Dark Knight Returns covers was great.

I think Gareth Ennis and The Boys has been well and truly on top if its game lately and this issue was no exception. We're obviously building up to something huge and I can't wait to find out more details on what happened last time they took on The Seven.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum