The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official; Doctor who thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 42]

26 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Joshua

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I finally started watching the first season since the reboot and while I'm only four episodes in, I'm digging it. Christopher Eccleston is fantastic.

View user profile

27 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:21 pm

elijahdprophet

avatar
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster
I loved Eccleston's Doctor and was really sad when he left. The idea that The Doctor would be a working class post punk type was very appealing to me.

Tennant grew on me though, and I will be sad to see him go, although his facial contortions won't be horribly missed. Like some kind of oft angry bird...

And there are early episodes that were lost in, I think, a fire at a BBC warehouse.

I really like Jack Harkness, more so on Who than on Torchwood, in general. The writing is usually better.

View user profile

28 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:23 pm

superdoug

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
TheUnalteredOne wrote:
I still haven't seen the first episode when the series started again with David E.


The best line from that was 'Nice to meet you, Rose. I'm the Doctor. Now, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!'

(That's not spoilery...they show it in the teasers for that episode and the series in general. lol! )

View user profile

29 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:35 pm

elijahdprophet

avatar
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster
superdoug wrote:
TheUnalteredOne wrote:
I still haven't seen the first episode when the series started again with David E.


The best line from that was 'Nice to meet you, Rose. I'm the Doctor. Now, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!'

(That's not spoilery...they show it in the teasers for that episode and the series in general. lol! )

You must drink every time the Doctor and his companion run down a corridor.

View user profile

30 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:30 am

shining knight

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
You must drink every time the Doctor and his companion run down a corridor.

WARNING: do not attempt this drinking game if watching the classic series you will be dead of alcohol poisoning by the middle half of tom bakers series

View user profile

31 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:13 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Did anyone watch the Doctor on the Sarah Jane Adventures? Was it good?

View user profile

32 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:43 am

shining knight

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:Did anyone watch the Doctor on the Sarah Jane Adventures? Was it good?

It was pretty good hes mostly in episode 2 of the two parter

waters of mars is on in two weeks over here

View user profile

33 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:33 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
shining knight wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Did anyone watch the Doctor on the Sarah Jane Adventures? Was it good?

It was pretty good hes mostly in episode 2 of the two parter

waters of mars is on in two weeks over here

About damn time. Cool.

View user profile

35 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Jherek

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
...and I'm here again. What can I say? I got lost in the Medusa Cascade. Anyways what's happenin? Really lookin forward to The Waters of Mars in two weeks time.

View user profile

36 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:54 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Jherek wrote:...and I'm here again. What can I say? I got lost in the Medusa Cascade. Anyways what's happenin? Really lookin forward to The Waters of Mars in two weeks time.

It doesn't broadcast in America until December. lame

View user profile

37 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:09 pm

Ska

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Boo! America never gets the games that I want. lame


------------------------------------

Read my blog!!!! Check out my cosplay page!!!!
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

38 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:20 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Ska wrote:Boo! America never gets the games that I want. lame

No kidding. Although from what I heard, we won't have to wait to long between Waters of Mars and the last two specials before the regeneration. Hopefully.

View user profile

39 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:35 am

Jherek

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
hey sorry guys I didn't intend to make you jealous (much ) I'm sure you'll be able to view the remaining specials somewhere online before they officially air over there. If not I promise I'll do my best to gush about them without spoilers. Oooh! I've seen a few regenerations over the years but for some reason I think this one is gonna be so sad,,,and awesome at the same time.

View user profile

40 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:06 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Jherek wrote:hey sorry guys I didn't intend to make you jealous (much ) I'm sure you'll be able to view the remaining specials somewhere online before they officially air over there. If not I promise I'll do my best to gush about them without spoilers. Oooh! I've seen a few regenerations over the years but for some reason I think this one is gonna be so sad,,,and awesome at the same time.

I agree. This regeneration is going to be something special for sure.

View user profile

41 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:21 am

superdoug

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Jherek wrote:I've seen a few regenerations over the years but for some reason I think this one is gonna be so sad,,,and awesome at the same time.


I think this one will rank right up there with the shift from Tom Baker to Peter Davidson, which was a GREAT and scary regeneration.
Spoiler:
(They jettisoned his body! It doesn't get more dramatic than that!)

View user profile

42 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:18 pm

Jherek

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
Okay everyone. Fave regeneration scene? (let's include the ensuing hilarity as the incarnation 'sets' too)
my vote goes to Pertwee to Tom Baker, The Dandy gentlemen adventurer makes a sad, pseudo Buddhist selfless sacrifice at the end of Planet of the Spiders only to be replaced by a toothy grinning loon who seriously suggests, among other things, a moth eaten fur jerkin and a Viking helmet as his new costume.
Special mention must go to Sylvester McCoy to Paul McGann in the TV Movie.
And of course Ecclestone's bravura exit complete with hologram last message before growing that hair and a new set of teeth! Plus extra points to Tennant for spending the whole of his first story in his Jim Jams.

View user profile

43 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:57 am

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I'm watching Logopolis and that's a pretty sad regeneration. I also liked Davidson's a lot. I also very much liked Eccleston's regeneration. And....well, those are the only regenerations I've seen. Wait. I saw McCoy to McGann as well. I liked them all I guess.

View user profile

44 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:47 am

shining knight

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Davison to baker as its in my all time (and a lot of others too) fave episode the caves of androzini

View user profile

45 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:07 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
shining knight wrote:Davison to baker as its in my all time (and a lot of others too) fave episode the caves of androzini
The Caves of Androzani is a very good episode. It was actually the second regeneration episode I had ever seen. Very touching the way the Doctor sacrifices himself for Peri. I really enjoyed that story a lot.

View user profile

46 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Jherek

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
Yeah 'The Caves of Androzani' is very good but I was very surprised recently when Doctor Who Monthly magazine's reader's poll pronounced it the Best Story of all Time, knocking 'Blink' into second place. It's good, but nowhere near as good as 'Blink' or (IMHO) even 'Rose' or 'Human Nature' or 'The Sound of Drums' or even 'Unearthly Child' or 'the Daleks'.
Hmm back to those regenerations. Yeah they're all pretty good really. except Colin Baker to McCoy.

View user profile

47 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:44 pm

jaydee74

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Jherek wrote:Yeah 'The Caves of Androzani' is very good but I was very surprised recently when Doctor Who Monthly magazine's reader's poll pronounced it the Best Story of all Time, knocking 'Blink' into second place. It's good, but nowhere near as good as 'Blink' or (IMHO) even 'Rose' or 'Human Nature' or 'The Sound of Drums' or even 'Unearthly Child' or 'the Daleks'.
Hmm back to those regenerations. Yeah they're all pretty good really. except Colin Baker to McCoy.

I read that as well. It was interesting. I loved Human Nature. That was such an amazing story. I also loved loved loved The Girl in the Fireplace. Such a great story. The thing of it is that there are so many damn stories, it's really hard to pick out my favorite. I honestly couldn't say what one is my all-time favorite story is.

View user profile

48 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:01 pm

Jherek

avatar
Pirate
Pirate
jaydee74 wrote:
Jherek wrote:Yeah 'The Caves of Androzani' is very good but I was very surprised recently when Doctor Who Monthly magazine's reader's poll pronounced it the Best Story of all Time, knocking 'Blink' into second place. It's good, but nowhere near as good as 'Blink' or (IMHO) even 'Rose' or 'Human Nature' or 'The Sound of Drums' or even 'Unearthly Child' or 'the Daleks'.
Hmm back to those regenerations. Yeah they're all pretty good really. except Colin Baker to McCoy.

I read that as well. It was interesting. I loved Human Nature. That was such an amazing story. I also loved loved loved The Girl in the Fireplace. Such a great story. The thing of it is that there are so many damn stories, it's really hard to pick out my favorite. I honestly couldn't say what one is my all-time favorite story is.
QFT


Oh yeah, Girl in the Fireplace, how good is that?

Man! Jaydee! You've become a die-hard Who fan haven't you? When I think roughly this time last year I had to convince you to watch it


Okay let's just say we all love Doctor Who. Nuff Said! But then that's what makes this thread so hard to maintain. Any ideas for discussion topics other than the consensus opinion that the Doctor is awesome?

View user profile

49 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:38 pm

superdoug

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Just watched The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith yesterday. It was very entertaining, and it was fun to see the Doctor interacting with the TSJA crew. And the ending was a nice touch, too.

It's too bad the show was dropped in the US. It's a nice addition to the Doctor Who universe.

View user profile

50 Re: The official; Doctor who thread on Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:11 pm

shining knight

avatar
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
america dropped it?

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum