Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official; Doctor who thread

+28
Nubbins
GigaToast
Frank M. Reding
WonderWoman2.0
pumkinheadfan
Sapphire Gypsy
Juggalojohn
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
ChrisToPhenom
MikeSabian
Foreigner_Man
melvinlikechris
Denim
Que
comicgeekelly
elijahdprophet
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
BlueMaxx
Ska
supervenom
jaydee74
FroZen
Justin
Jherek
Silent K
superdoug
shining knight
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 42]

51The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:38 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:america dropped it?

Like a hot fucking potato. That's okay, because it was SyFy, and they're obviously a bunch of fucktards, because they also dropped Doctor Who, which it led into. BBC-America is allegedly picking up Doctor Who when the new series actually starts. I know they've been showing the movies as they become available....

52The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Yeah isn't that an ad for the new Doctor Who season on BBC America in the back of Blackest Night Doom Patrol

53The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:52 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

oh and a bomb was dropped in the wedding episode as the trickster said to the doctor "The Gate is waiting for you..."

ohhh what gate is this?!? Laughing

54The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Right that's it I gotsta watch it now!

55The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:53 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

new trailers

56The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:22 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:

new trailers
Exactly a week to go and counting!

57The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:54 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know then the terrible wait for the final two Laughing

58The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:30 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:

new trailers
thanks shining knight. can't wait to see it............... on Youtube. Laughing Laughing

59The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I've been watching Sarah Jane Adventures and did they actually use classic series footage in one of the episodes. Awesome. I cannot wait to watch Waters of Mars as well. Also on YouTube. shake my head

60The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:09 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="jaydee74" Also on YouTube. shake my head[/quote] Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

61The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:14 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:[quote="jaydee74" Also on YouTube.
Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing[/quote]

I don't judge. It's how I watch Doctor Who. Not by choice but necessity. I'll get it however I can get it.

62The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:45 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
supervenom wrote:[quote="jaydee74" Also on YouTube.
Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing

I don't judge. It's how I watch Doctor Who. Not by choice but necessity. I'll get it however I can get it.[/quote]same with me. and I was done with the Sci-Fi channel (or whatever its being called now) along time ago. I'm sorry but wrestling isn't sci-fi. shake my head

63The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Are you 100% certain about that? yikes

64The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:57 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Are you 100% certain about that? yikes
*has an epiphany* umm ohhhhhhhhhhhh waitttttttttttttt surprised I take back what I said about wrestling. But I'm still not a big fan of Sci-fi channel.

65The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:40 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, I've been watching Sarah Jane Adventures and did they actually use classic series footage in one of the episodes. Awesome. I cannot wait to watch Waters of Mars as well. Also on YouTube.

yep and references to the time war in the same episode. Is bbc america some kind of pay per view channel in the states?

66The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:44 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:yep and references to the time war in the same episode. Is bbc america some kind of pay per view channel in the states?

No...I think someone just doesn't get it through their provider. Not every cable station or satellite service offers the channel. Personally, right now I'm harassing DirecTV to add the HD version of BBC-America, so I can watch the movies in HD.

67The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:46 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

the whole american channel thing is confusing to me although I bet a lot of americans would say the same about us

68The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:oh and a bomb was dropped in the wedding episode as the trickster said to the doctor "The Gate is waiting for you..."

ohhh what gate is this?!? The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 29517

Well, I've been doin some thinkin'. Hold on to your hats this gets intense! The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 29517

I just watched The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith too and that reference to 'The Gate' seemed to really shake up the Doctor. Also at the end of the episode in saying his goodbyes to SJ he seemed to suggest that she may not see him (presumably in this incarnation) again. So - the Doctor knows or suspects something big is afoot. I'm thinking he is sensing a ripple in the time streams caused by his own death and regeneration. Kinda like the Watcher appearing at the end of the Fourth Doctor's life to ease his journey through the regeneration.

As to what this 'Gate' may be, considering what we know about the last Tennant specials to come (STOP READING NOW IF YOU HATE SPOILERS) could The Gate be a portal allowing theTime Lords to return to the universe? In The Stolen Earth 'The Gates of Elysium' was where the Doctor says Davros had been killed when his command ship flew into the jaws of the Nightmare Child during the first year of the Last Great Time War The Doctor attempted to save Davros but failed. As we know Dalek Caan was able to save Davros from being killed at The Gates of Elysium by creating a temporal shift.
In Greek mythology Elysium (or the Elysian Fields) is that part of the Underworld or afterlife that is the final resting place for the souls of the heroic and virtuous dead. This from Wiki -
Elysium is an obscure name that evolved from a designation of a place or person struck by lightning, enelysion, enelysios.[1] This could be a reference to Zeus, the god of lightning, so "lightning-struck" could be saying that the person was blessed (struck) by Zeus (lightning).
The ruler of Elysium varies from author to author; Pindar names the ruler as Kronos, released from Tartarus and ruling in a palace: In Elysium where fields of the pale liliaceous asphodel, and poplars grew, there stood the gates that led to the house of Ais (in Attic dialect "Hades").
Kronos eh? In the Third Doctor story The Time Monster the Master used a crystal to cause Kronos to manifest in order to bind him to his will. In the aftermath of this event, Kronos trapped both the Doctor's and the Master's Tardises in the Time Vortex and, appearing as a huge translucent female face, Kronos asked the Doctor whether he should destroy the Master. The Doctor demured and Kronos let the Master go free.

The Gate was also referenced in an interview that Russell T. Davies did with the Radio Times for the release of The Next Doctor. -

“After that, we’ll be heading towards the momentous day when the key to that blue box is passed on, and the 11th Doctor storms into your lives.... Let’s just say that dark forces are gathering already. The Gate is waiting and life will never be the same again…”

A third mention of 'The Gate' this time specifically an 'Immortality Gate' was made in the 14th-20th of November issue of the Radio Times. Russell T Davies said:
"The Master's return is just the start of our biggest, most heart-breaking story yet. The Immortality Gate is waiting."

So - My speculation is that The Doctor will be battling the Master at the Gates of Elysium and the denoument will be the return of the Time Lords including possibly Kronos and a new Doctor.

Thankyou and goodnight The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 334450

69The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:31 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ohhhh!

70The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:ohhhh!
Yeah might have gone a little crazy there. You think? The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 29517

71The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:09 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek...I want to do naughty things to you. Smart Brits are so damned sexy! Laughing

72The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

superdoug wrote:Jherek...I want to do naughty things to you. Smart Brits are so damned sexy! The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 29517
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 24719
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 29517 I'll take that as a compliment Supey.

Hmmm. smart or terminally sad. You decide.

73The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:40 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm slightly jealous now Laughing

74The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:I'm slightly jealous now The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 29517

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 29517 The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 29517

'Yep still got it!'

Tell me what episode that comes from and he's yours The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 334450

75The official; Doctor who thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:27 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

gosh I'm blanking....

incidently this weeks sarah jane referenced planet of the dead Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum