The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommend a book

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Recommend a book on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:03 am

Have you ever came across one of those books that you just couldn't simply keep to yourself and needed to share? What was it, and why would you recommend it?

View user profile http://collectorsalliance.proboards.com/index.cgi

2 Re: Recommend a book on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:41 am

On Basilisk Station by David Weber

It's the start of the best military science fiction series I've ever read. He writes very interesting, deep characters that you quickly become attached to. The battles are detailed and easy to follow.

The ebook is available for free from the pulisher's website at:

http://www.webscription.net/

On the left side under "Categories" click on "Free Library". It along with a load of other great books are listed there.

View user profile

3 Re: Recommend a book on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:27 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I read this book and even though I didn't take it that seriously, it's a good read.

Neil Strauss's The Game-

View user profile

4 Re: Recommend a book on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:46 pm

BlueMaxx

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I created a thread similar to this: http://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com/literature-f9/lit-vouching-101-t1667.htm
It's more based on books that you're considering and asking if they're good by the fellow PoPpers. Just thought I'd bring that up. tongue

Uh...I'd recommend...

It's a story that young adults and older can appreciate; face-value or the depth of thought that it brings to the table, dealing with things like quantum and sociology, is entertaining; and it is the only book written by this mysterious obscure author, James Maxey.

I honestly couldn't find it anywhere but on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Nobody-Gets-Girl-James-Maxey/dp/0972002626/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269222337&sr=8-1
Only ten bucks. Heh. Nobody Gets the Girl, a double-entendre of a title, is really worthwhile. Nerd or no--promise.

View user profile

5 Re: Recommend a book on Sat May 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Any of the Dresden Files books by Jim Butcher
Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
The Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin
Anything by Douglass Preston and Lincoln Child, either them writing together or their individual novels

6 Re: Recommend a book on Sun May 23, 2010 12:04 am

Fresh03

Ninja
Ninja

I whole heartedly agree with both of these recommendations, some of the best stuff out right now, although if either of them could finish their next book I'd be a happy man.

View user profile

7 Re: Recommend a book on Sun May 23, 2010 12:44 am

Fresh03 wrote:

I whole heartedly agree with both of these recommendations, some of the best stuff out right now, although if either of them could finish their next book I'd be a happy man.

Well, Martin is busy helping flesh out the HBO adaptations of his books and well, Rothfuss is...f**king slow

8 Re: Recommend a book on Sun May 23, 2010 2:20 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fight Club and Survivor by Chuck Palninchuk (sp?)
Thomas Dekker - Thr3e and House....technically they are Christian books but they really don't read like it.

------------------------------------

Spaced Asylum

Spaced Twitter

Spaced Facebook
View user profile

9 Re: Recommend a book on Sun May 23, 2010 9:23 pm

American Conspiracies by Jesse Ventura

View user profile

10 Re: Recommend a book on Mon May 24, 2010 8:59 am

KindleBrat wrote:American Conspiracies by Jesse Ventura

I posted that from Kate's comp like a jack ass. So that is my suggestion not hers.

View user profile http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

11 Re: Recommend a book on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:53 am

I would recommend the Monk and Sookie Stackhouse book series'. Theres I think nine Monk books and eleven Sookie Stackhouse books. I have read them all but the newest Sookie book and all are good. The very first Monk is the worst out of the bunch but I think thats because the writer was just getting started. All the others are as entertaining as the shows.

View user profile

12 Re: Recommend a book on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:01 pm

superdoug

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Off_White_Lantern wrote:I would recommend the Monk and Sookie Stackhouse book series'.

I agree about the Southern Vampire Mysteries. They're definitely worth the look.

Currently, I have been re-reading the Elenium trilogy by David Eddings, and totally recommend it. The books are:

The Diamond Throne
The Ruby Knight
The Sapphire Rose

There was a sequel series, The Tamuli, but I recommend the first three. You'll be surprised at how easy the book is to read and how complex the world that Eddings has created.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum