Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emerald City Comic Con DC/Green Lantern Panel notes.

+6
shining knight
jaydee74
comicgeekelly
prescribeddrone
Demonweasel
Fresh03
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

DC held a couple of really good and funny panels, although not that informative, we're not the CCI after all, but there were a few things they let slip.

After the most worthless panel I've ever been to in the Mondo Marvel Panel where nothing was announced and no questions were answered the DC panel was a breath of fresh air.

This is all off the top of my head, so obviously I was paying more attention to the things that I was interested in, if you have a specific question about anything ask away, I'll do my best to recall what was said, if anything, on the subject.

According to Ian Saatler, replacing Dan Didio, and Geoff Johns, the new Chief Creative Officer, DC will now be a completely collaborative effort, all stories will go through them to maintain a better sense of continuity and a better feeling of family within the company.

For Batman Beyond fans your wait for new material is almost over, June sees the start of a new Batman Beyond on going, with a surprise guest star, Superman Beyond!

Green Arrow fans are in for big things this year apparently.

Little if anything was said about the Bat family titles other than Damian Wayne will not be joining the Teen Titans.

The rumor of the much anticipated Larfleeze Holiday Spectacular are true, Larfleeze wants to meet Santa.

There will be tons of new Legion of Super Heroes stuff this year. It will deal with which versions of which characters are present, what continuity fits in where, and how the new team will all work together.

There will be a Justice League/Justice Society cross over in a few months. It'll be four issues and deal with the new Justice League roster meeting the old pros for the first time.

Brightest Day won't be a company wide crossover, if the books say Brightest day they tie into the Ongoing book.

Things will not be all sunshine and butterflies in Brightest Day, it will in part deal with whoever is resurrected post Blackest Night, Aquaman and Firestorm were the only confirmed characters during the panel, and how they deal with returning to life. Some characters will do better than others, but it was hinted that certain early versions of a character will meet and deal with their modern day counter parts, and not all of the meetings will go well.

Geoff Johns once again stated outright that after Blackest Night #8 the revolving door of death will be closed.

Daxamites will not be involved in War of the Supermen, not even Mon-El.

Post Blackest Night the New Guardians will all relocate to Earth for obvious reasons, much to Hal Jordan's dismay.

The deputy Guardians will not retain their rings in most cases, although Geoff did say Atrosicus will continue to be enamored with Mera, although the feelings won't be mutual.

Emerald Warriors, the new Green Lantern ongoing book will focus on Guy Gardener but Peter Tomasi made it sound like Guy will be leading a Special Ops Team of the GLC. The only other confirmed character was Kilowog.

Geoff Johns is heavily involved in the creative process for the Green Lantern movie, it actually sounded like the designs and the stories were going through him in his new role as Chief Creative Officer for DC.

Geoff Johns is writing the script for the Flash movie as we speak.

The Earth One Graphic Novels will come out bi-annually.

The third Batman Movie will not be based on The Dark Knight Returns.

Geoff hinted that there may be a Green Lantern animated series in the future.

Dex-Starr vs. Krypto is still happening.

Dex-Starr was at one time a regular earth cat prior to joining the Red Lanterns, his origin will be explored later this year.

Like I said, if you want to know something specific ask and I'll let you know what I recall.

Last edited by Fresh03 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So Ian Sattler is the new Executive Editor at DC? That's a hot tip right there. He and Johns helming the show is nothing but good news.

http://www.demonweasel.com

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Awesome.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The rumor of the much anticipated Larfleeze Holiday Spectacular are true, Larfleeze wants to meet Santa.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So awesome. I called the Green Lantern: Emerald Warrior would be sort of a Black Ops kind of series. That's cool. I hope they add Isamot and Vath are included cause they are also bad asses. I love the idea of Larfleeze meeting Santa. All of this news has me so excited for DC this year. Thanks for the highlights dude. Well done.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

More dex-star too!

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:
According to Ian Saatler, replacing Dan Didio, and Geoff Johns, the new Chief Creative Officer, DC will now be a completely collaborative effort, all stories will go through them to maintain a better sense of continuity and a better feeling of family within the company.
headbang

Fresh03 wrote:
For Batman Beyond fans your wait for new material is almost over, June sees the start of a new Batman Beyond on going, with a surprise guest star, Superman Beyond!
Wow, I didn't think they were serious about this series. Did they say if it was Elseworld-esque or is it the same timeline? I imagine, it'd be a bit loosely set in the future of the current continuity.

Fresh03 wrote:
There will be a Justice League/Justice Society cross over in a few months. It'll be four issues and deal with the new Justice League roster meeting the old pros for the first time.
Sounds cool. They're making it into a "big" event compared to classic crossovers of JSA/JLA.

Fresh03 wrote:
Brightest Day won't be a company wide crossover, if the books say Brightest day they tie into the Ongoing book.

Things will not be all sunshine and butterflies in Brightest Day, it will in part deal with whoever is resurrected post Blackest Night, Aquaman and Firestorm were the only confirmed characters during the panel, and how they deal with returning to life. Some characters will do better than others, but it was hinted that certain early versions of a character will meet and deal with their modern day counter parts, and not all of the meetings will go well.

Geoff Johns once again stated outright that after Blackest Night #8 the revolving door of death will be closed.
Okay, now I'm easily considering getting Brightest Day.

Fresh03 wrote:
Geoff Johns is writing the script for the Flash movie as we speak.
My erection is hurting me. blush

Fresh03 wrote:
The Year One Graphic Novels will come out bi-annually.
Explain more about this?

Fresh03 wrote:
The third Batman Movie will not be based on The Dark Knight Returns.
huh Really? unsure That doesn't sound too appealing.

Fresh03 wrote:
Geoff hinted that there may be a Green Lantern animated series in the future.
This doesn't surprise me. I want my Flash cartoon. Sleep

comicgeekelly wrote:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
This'll be funny.
Emerald City Comic Con DC/Green Lantern Panel notes. YoRB3-copy
Emerald City Comic Con DC/Green Lantern Panel notes. Yrb4-lr
Emerald City Comic Con DC/Green Lantern Panel notes. YORB5

Emerald City Comic Con DC/Green Lantern Panel notes. Yorb-2

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

So Ian Sattler is the new Executive Editor at DC? That\'s a hot tip right there. He and Johns helming the show is nothing but good news.

They specifically said that there is no Executive Editor like Didio was before the shake up, but Sattler was the one that everyone pointed at when a fan asked who he should blame when he doesn\'t like a comic since he can\'t blame Didio any more, lol. Geoff then went on to talk about the collaborative effort specifically mentioning that he and Sattler were at the top of the crew.

Did they say if it was Elseworld-esque or is it the same timeline? I imagine, it\'d be a bit loosely set in the future of the current continuity.

It\'ll be just like before, based loosely on current continuity.

Thanks for reminding me, Sattler did mention that there going to be some Else World like titles coming, in the vein of Gotham By Gas Light and Red Son, although he wasn\'t sure if they were going to fall under the Else Worlds label.

Explain more about this?

Sorry, meant Earth One, I\'ll go edit that in a second, Geoff said the Earth One Graphic Novels will be coming out twice a year.

And the Batman Beyond--need a little more on it, but that is pretty cool that they're going to take that DCAU universe in. Zeta Project refrences and all, maybe?

That's all they said about the Batman Beyond series, it starts in June, I believe they mentioned the Superman/Batman Annual will have the Batman Beyond character in it, and Superman Beyond will be in the on going.

Sattler was very enthusiastic about it, although that's his job, but a little more than usual, so I'm pretty hopeful for it, I thought it was a great series so I'm rooting for the book.

Last edited by Fresh03 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh, I remember that. I trust Straczynski, so I may try it out.
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/12/earth-one-graphic-novels-to-retell-early-years-of-batman-superman/

And the Batman Beyond--need a little more on it, but that is pretty cool that they're going to take that DCAU universe in. Zeta Project refrences and all, maybe?

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I responded with an edit above.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Earth 1 Graphic Novels:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/12/earth-one-graphic-novels-to-retell-early-years-of-batman-superman/
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2009/12/07/dcu-in-2010-welcome-to-earth-one/
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091207-Earth-One-DCU.html

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Does Johns ever freakin sleep? Holy crap. Maybe he has a twin brother or something.

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Does Johns ever freakin sleep? Holy crap. Maybe he has a twin brother or something.

I think he's got like 8 clones running around, that's the only thing that makes sense to me with everything he's got on his plate.

Kelson

Kelson
Cadet
Cadet

Fresh03 wrote:

I think he's got like 8 clones running around, that's the only thing that makes sense to me with everything he's got on his plate.

Or maybe he is the Flash Very Happy

http://speedforce.org/

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

^ I believe we have a winner!

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

how can the third batman movie not be based on the dark knight? what doe that mean?

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:how can the third batman movie not be based on the dark knight? what doe that mean?

I'm assuming they mean it won't be based on the Frank Miller Comic "The Dark Knight Returns," but it will still be a sequel to the movie THE DARK KNIGHT.

http://www.demonweasel.com

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

how can the third batman movie not be based on the dark knight? what doe that mean?

It will not be based on Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.

I will be in continuity with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Hope that clears that up for you.

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:
Sandman wrote:how can the third batman movie not be based on the dark knight? what doe that mean?

I'm assuming they mean it won't be based on the Frank Miller Comic "The Dark Knight Returns," but it will still be a sequel to the movie THE DARK KNIGHT.

Fresh03 wrote:

It will not be based on Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.

I will be in continuity with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Hope that clears that up for you.

yeah it does, and it makes more sence that way! thanks guys!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum