Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Least Favourite Moment in Sports

+10
The Ignored One
melvinlikechris
Tom
Silent K
Mnemosis
Ric Magnum
jaydee74
Rath99
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
MikeSabian
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Least Favourite Moment in Sports Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:03 pm

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Since we have a Favorite Moment In Sports thread, I thought it fitting that we have a least favorite thread, since every sports fan have had their nightmares at some point.

I'll start: Chelsea's UEFA Champion's League semi-final against Barcelona. Four penalty appeals were turned down, including one hand-ball, where it seemed the Referee was the only person on the continent who didn't see it. angry
Looking through youtube videos to find a suitable clip literally had me cursing under my breath. After the game, there was a huge backlash against UEFA, with many English fans claiming that UEFA did not want an all-English cup final two years running.
Barcelona went on to win the tournament.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z-valuHLCs&feature=related

Another one, I've gotta say, occured this morning, where it was reported that David Beckham would not be joining the England team in South Africa for the World Cup finals this summer, having ruptured his achilles tendon.

Feel free to leak your torment all over this thread.

Begin!

2Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:38 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Any time the New Jersy Devils win. Least Favourite Moment in Sports 86486

3Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm a Mets fan so my teams history is littered with least favorite momenst. For the sake of choosing just won I would say losing to the Yankdeez in the World Series.

4Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anytime the Magic Johnson era Lakers lost in the Finals.

5Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

Hmmm...least favorite moment in sports? I have a few. Most recently I would have to say seeing the Washington Capitals get blown out in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals by the Pittsburgh Penguins, last year. That was a tough pill to swallow. Sad But the one that hurt the most and was my least favorite moment would have to have been The NY Giants beating the New Enland Patriots in Superbowl XLII. To this day I still can't watch the replay of that game. I wanted to see them get the perfect season so I could stop hearing Mercury Morris talk shit every season.

6Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:36 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

When that one dude pulled the gun on the football field because he couldn't afford to lose the game. That was sick, yo.

7Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:32 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

The Chris Benoit Tribute night.

8Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:34 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:When that one dude pulled the gun on the football field because he couldn't afford to lose the game. That was sick, yo.

The Last Boy Scout?

9Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:46 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:The Chris Benoit Tribute night.
Ugh. Agreed.

The Detroit Pistons leaving before their 1991 Conference FInals game was finished.

10Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Any time the New Jersy Devils win. Least Favourite Moment in Sports 86486

No freakin joke.

Besides that...

Any time the mutha-f'in Flyers & Red Wings win.
Seeing Roger Clemens and A-Rod in Yankee pinstripes.
The day Don Mattingly retired.
Seeing Red Sux lift "the curse".
Seeing any NBA game. I rather watch the street ballers on W 4th play, than those jerkoffs.
Seeing Mark Messier sign with the Canucks.
Seeing that huge alien head come back to the Rangers.

11Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:52 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Truly cringe-inducing

12Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:18 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

1986 World Series. I cried like a baby.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

13Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Crying or Very sad

14Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:08 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mike Tyson was hungry shake my head

Elisabeth Lamber: Soccer Amazon:

15Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:09 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="jaydee74"]Mike Tyson was hungry shake my head

16Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:08 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

[quote="jaydee74"]
jaydee74 wrote:Mike Tyson was hungry shake my head

See, I liked Lambert, she was gangsta.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

17Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:32 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

December 2009, Colts throw away a shot at a perfect regular season to the Jets, at home, in a clearly winnable game.

18Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

https://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=sBNNAvyspGs&feature=related

19Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:25 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

right on! Wink

20Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:16 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:December 2009, Colts throw away a shot at a perfect regular season to the Jets, at home, in a clearly winnable game.
That one really pissed me off.

21Least Favourite Moment in Sports Empty Re: Least Favourite Moment in Sports Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Any Yankees or Boston win is a worst moment. I hate the Yankees, Red Sox and especially Patriots with a passion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum