Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy

+6
Ric Magnum
JonSpangler
MillionDollarGeek
jaydee74
prescribeddrone
azrael07
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Partial Source: PWInsider

WWE has updated the wellness policy, to update the Impact Concussion Management Program. Basically, no chair shots to the head. Here is how it reads…

WWE has eliminated using folding metal chairs to "strike" an opponent in the head. The WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension the following:

-- The intentional use of a folding metal chair to "strike" an opponent in the head.

-- Any blow to the head that is deemed an INTENTIONAL act.

-- The Fine and/or Suspension will be directed by the EVP of Talent Relations (John Laurinaitis).

2An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:41 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is fucking lame. :eek: A chair shot to the back just doesn't seem as devastating. They shouldn't out right ban it, it should be allowed during a special occasion or so.

3An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

who knows, maybe they're doing this kayfabe, so chairshots become more rare

4An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:43 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It may be lame but look at it like this. These wrestlers don't have a retirement plan. There's no union for them. They are on the road almost the entire year and it's up to them to make sure that they save money for the future. It only takes one bad movie to put them out for a long time or even forever. I think it's a good thing that the WWE is doing to ensure that their employees are safe.

5An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

yeah, i guess. I mean i understand it from that point of view. But, on the other hand, chair shots are kinda sorta something i've come to expect in professional wrestling, right along with lock-ups and suplexes. i mean, how do they expect to do anything even remotely hardcore now. I mean i get that WWE has toned down it's style alot from the past, but i mean seriously...

6An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:46 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

its not like someone is gonna get Droz'ed.

Maybe they'll allow chair shots to the head in future ppv shows such as Extreme Rules and TLC.

7An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:17 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

azrael07 wrote:Partial Source: PWInsider

WWE has updated the wellness policy, to update the Impact Concussion Management Program. Basically, no chair shots to the head. Here is how it reads…

WWE has eliminated using folding metal chairs to "strike" an opponent in the head. The WWE penalizes through fine and/or suspension the following:

-- The intentional use of a folding metal chair to "strike" an opponent in the head.

-- Any blow to the head that is deemed an INTENTIONAL act.

-- The Fine and/or Suspension will be directed by the EVP of Talent Relations (John Laurinaitis).

I don't get the wording. I understand it but how often do unintentional chair shots happen? Things are rehearsed and planned so much you think they would just strike the head shots from the script.

8An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:47 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would imagine so but I do believe that sometimes, the wrestlers do improvise their matches.

9An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

Sounds like a work to me. Rolling Eyes

10An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ric Magnum wrote:Sounds like a work to me. Rolling Eyes
It does sound like that the more I think about it. I suppose it was only a matter of time before they worked the wellness policy into a story thread.

11An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:10 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i suppose, but if they were going to work this into a storyline wouldn't have made more sense to have like an official announcement made on RAW or through WWE.com or something. Remember, this announcement was only brought to the fan community through a third party.

12An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:03 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Yet they still don't check for HGH in their drug tests

13An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:. It only takes one bad movie to put them out for a long time or even forever.

Tooth Fairy

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

14An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:54 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Way before that Denim... Be Cool.

15An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:25 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:Yet they still don't check for HGH in their drug tests
yeah what's up with that? are they waiting for another Chric Benoit?

16An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

supervenom wrote:

Most of the big named wrestlers use HGH. Don't want to suspend the bosses son-in-law.

17An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:04 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

supervenom wrote:

i don't think Benoit was using HGH at the time. The big issue with Benoit was a combination of multiple untreated concussions which created an unbalanced mental state, and in fact he suffered from severe chronic traumatic encephalopathy, as well as damage to all four lobes of his brain and his brain stem. These issues can lead to dementia and severe behavioral problems.

Although HGH was found in the home of Benoit, it's essentially been determined that 'Roid Rage' was not a factor at all, especially when you look at the crime scene itself, there is little evidence of any sort of struggle or physical fight, and nothing in the scenes of Nancy or Daniel that's indicative of a 'Roid Rage' fit.

I think it's also just a little unfair to stereotype wrestlers as nothing but psycho roid rage monkeys who do nothing but juice 24/7. While WWE may not test for HGH in their drug tests, they are at least taking some sort of action against drug use in the company. They suspended Randy Orton like a year or two ago over a Wellness Policy violation, and even announced it over their website and stuff. And while some wrestlers do use steroids, a percentage of those are prescribed legal steroids, the kind you might get if say you injure a knee. If im not mistaken,Rey Mysterio was badly injured a few years ago, and was prescribed steroids as a part of his treatment.And while ill be the first to admit Trips prolly gets some favorable treatment being married to Stephanie and all, i've never heard any accusations or allegations about him, and as far as i know he's never failed a drug test.

so yeah, in fact this new policy may infact be to prevent another Benoit case.

18An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:58 am

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

azrael07 wrote:
supervenom wrote:

i don't think Benoit was using HGH at the time. The big issue with Benoit was a combination of multiple untreated concussions which created an unbalanced mental state, and in fact he suffered from severe chronic traumatic encephalopathy, as well as damage to all four lobes of his brain and his brain stem. These issues can lead to dementia and severe behavioral problems.

Although HGH was found in the home of Benoit, it's essentially been determined that 'Roid Rage' was not a factor at all, especially when you look at the crime scene itself, there is little evidence of any sort of struggle or physical fight, and nothing in the scenes of Nancy or Daniel that's indicative of a 'Roid Rage' fit.

I think it's also just a little unfair to stereotype wrestlers as nothing but psycho roid rage monkeys who do nothing but juice 24/7. While WWE may not test for HGH in their drug tests, they are at least taking some sort of action against drug use in the company. They suspended Randy Orton like a year or two ago over a Wellness Policy violation, and even announced it over their website and stuff. And while some wrestlers do use steroids, a percentage of those are prescribed legal steroids, the kind you might get if say you injure a knee. If im not mistaken,Rey Mysterio was badly injured a few years ago, and was prescribed steroids as a part of his treatment.And while ill be the first to admit Trips prolly gets some favorable treatment being married to Stephanie and all, i've never heard any accusations or allegations about him, and as far as i know he's never failed a drug test.

so yeah, in fact this new policy may infact be to prevent another Benoit case.

Rey has two strikes against him for violations.

The bigger named wrestlers can afford HGH. That's is why they don't test for it. It's not a good drug policy if you don't test for all drugs

19An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:12 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

i never said whether or not Rey had any strikes against him. I was using him as an example of when a wrestler is prescribed legal steroids as part of the treatment of injury. As far as HGH being something 'only the big names can afford', it's not that expensive or hard to get ahold. An acquantaince of mine got a whole bunch of it, and that's on a salary from McDonald's. So if he could afford it, im sure any wrestler working for WWE could. As far as im concerned, i've seen what HGH can do, up close and personally...It's not that great. It helps you add a little bit of mass, but that's about it.

and at what point is it soley WWE's responsibility to test and enforce a 'good' drug policy. As some point, it's up to the wrestlers to act responsibly. WWE shouldn't have to babysit them. And again i bring up the fact that i've never heard any accusations of Triple H or any other big names using HGH. And if you hate wrestling this much, then what are you doing posting in a thread about wrestling. Because your coming off as kinda somebody who hates wrestling with all the broad generalizations your making about these 'big names'.

And if someone like Triple H were to be using HGH, he could, for the sake of argument be using it as an injury preventative measure. HGH has these effects that may promote resistance to injury or faster repair but would make the muscle no more capable of force generation.HGH can make an athlete better equipped to avoid or recover from a sports injury.

20An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Actually I like wrestling a lot, and I don't care if the wrestlers use roids or any other drugs for that matter. My problem lies in the fact that the WWE claims they have a drug policy that they enforce, yet they don't check one of the most widely abused Steroids.
To your point of why does WWE need to babysit them. They don't and should not have to, but for years Vince looked the other way and even encouraged the use of roids. It's all just very hypocritical of the company, that's what i don't like

21An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:03 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

well until you can provide a link or a source, i won't be taking your claims of Triple H and other 'big names' abusing HGH seriously. And as far as you being someone who enjoys wrestling, i've never met another wrestling fan who sits by and does nothing but stereotype wrestlers as drug abusing derelicts who juice 24/7.

The fact is WWE is trying, you must remember that the Wellness Policy is still fairly new. Maybe they have a good reason for not testing for it, and the fact that Triple H is Vince's son-in-law has nothing to do with it im sure. Whether or not,Triple H married Stephanie is beside the fact, He has earned his place in the company. He wasn't one of the guys in the 90s to jump ship, he worked hard to be where he is in that company. And yes, i'm aware that Triple H started in WCW in his very very early days.

22An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:17 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm happy about this. I think TNA and ROH need to do the same thing now.

23An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:55 am

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

azrael07 wrote:well until you can provide a link or a source, i won't be taking your claims of Triple H and other 'big names' abusing HGH seriously. And as far as you being someone who enjoys wrestling, i've never met another wrestling fan who sits by and does nothing but stereotype wrestlers as drug abusing derelicts who juice 24/7.

The fact is WWE is trying, you must remember that the Wellness Policy is still fairly new. Maybe they have a good reason for not testing for it, and the fact that Triple H is Vince's son-in-law has nothing to do with it im sure. Whether or not,Triple H married Stephanie is beside the fact, He has earned his place in the company. He wasn't one of the guys in the 90s to jump ship, he worked hard to be where he is in that company. And yes, i'm aware that Triple H started in WCW in his very very early days.

I never said they juiced 24/7 or were derelicts. This has nothing to do with the wrestlers , I could not care less if the juice. It's the WWE that I have the problem with. They promote their wellness policy to say they are looking out for the well being of their wrestlers, but don't check for HGH. That is bullshit. The company is still turn a blind eye to it. They are basically give lip service to the public after all of the bad press they got in the benoit incident.

to express my opinion on HHH I'll qoute Jim Cornette
"actually, he's a very good worker and studies the business. His promos are usually as exciting as a coma and last longer than this recession, but he has good matches. Problem is, as hard as he's been crammed down people's throats for the past 10 years, he should have surpassed Hogan, Austin, and Rock, but HHH is what is called in the business "the guy that works with the guy that draws money." He should be in there to have a good match and put the star over. Actually, he should have been fired in 1996 when he shit on the entire sport with the infamous "curtain call" at MSG, but Vince, the guy with "balls of steel", let HHH piss in his face and not only didn't do anything about it, but let him marry his daughter! And a sledgehammer? Jesus Christ, I wish he'd hit me in the head with it before he starts talking on TV. HHH will be the top guy in the WWE until he looks like Dick the Bruiser in his final days working an Indiana county fair show, and if THAT'S not overrated, I don't know what is.

24An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:17 am

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

again, i still see no links or any citations for anything that backs up these claims of Triple H and other wrestlers using HGH.

Yeah, Jim Cornette... Rolling Eyes Like ill almost take that Jim Cornette quote seriously. And im not doubting it's authenticity, im just doubting Jim Cornette's opinion on this one. Triple H might be guilty of what some people call politiking, but again i believe he's earned his spot in the company. Besides, Vince isn't going to be around forever, and Trips, Shane and Stephanie are the perfect hands to be leaving it in my opinion.

25An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Empty Re: An Update to the WWE Wellness Policy Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:16 am

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

azrael07 wrote:again, i still see no links or any citations for anything that backs up these claims of Triple H and other wrestlers using HGH.

Yeah, Jim Cornette... Rolling Eyes Like ill almost take that Jim Cornette quote seriously. And im not doubting it's authenticity, im just doubting Jim Cornette's opinion on this one. Triple H might be guilty of what some people call politiking, but again i believe he's earned his spot in the company. Besides, Vince isn't going to be around forever, and Trips, Shane and Stephanie are the perfect hands to be leaving it in my opinion.

We are starting to go in circles here.We will have to agree to disagree about HHH.

By the way Shane left the company about 6 months ago. Supposedly to pursue a career in MMA (as a promoter)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum