Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help me with my soon to be PS3

+7
Gandicles
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Gojiratoho
superdoug
Matt
Thundermatts
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:17 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So my birthday is sort of fast approaching (June 10th) and my mom has to get me a PS3 for it, cause I won a bet. Heres what I need to know; WHat do I need to know? lol. What do I need to buy with it? What comes with it? What couple of games do I HAVE To HAVE right away? Of course, I'll be getting the slim model, cause I think they only sell that now. Just throw out some things that I need to know.

2Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:24 am

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

If you have a HDtv you need an HDMI cable. Do Not buy one at a store the mark up is insane. Go to mycablemart.com a cable that cost 75 bucks at Best Buy will run you 6 bucks on mycablemart.

Games to get are
God of War 3
Uncharted 1 and 2
Little Big Plant

3Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:37 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Do yourself a favor if you're going to use it for Blu-Ray and DVD play as well and pop for the $20 remote that makes it much easier to use the controls. There are things you can buy that will convert an IR signal from a Universal Remote, but frankly, it's not that much hassle to use a second remote when you want to watch a movie.

4Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:40 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you plan on any online gaming, a headset. If not, an HDMI cable like Matt mentioned.

As for must have games, if you like GOW, Heavenly Sword was awesome, though short.

5Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:28 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ yes

Games to get are
God of War 3 (Though, the first two are a must beforehand, I'd say.)
Uncharted 1 and 2
Little Big Plant
Heavenly Sword (It's really cheap now and really awesome.)
Dante's Inferno
Bioshock (Can't vouch for the 2nd one, I've heard good things.)

superdoug wrote:Do yourself a favor if you're going to use it for Blu-Ray and DVD play as well and pop for the $20 remote that makes it much easier to use the controls. There are things you can buy that will convert an IR signal from a Universal Remote, but frankly, it's not that much hassle to use a second remote when you want to watch a movie.
Are they marked down now?! Man, seemed like they were forty forever!

6Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:29 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^Ours was $20 at Best Buy, and we've had it for...three years? Something like that, and we've never had to change the batteries in it.

7Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:31 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

God of War 3
Assassins Creed 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
Demons Souls (if you like really hard RPG's)

8Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:29 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

9Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal gear 4 is a must, as is GTA4. I also want Batman really bad, and Little Big Planet, and tons of other things, but I'm trying to decide what two or three games will keep me entertained the longest right out front. Also, ugh they don't give you a HDMI cable? Lame. I may go to Time Warner and tell them I need another one for the DVR lol. THey just give them out willy nilly.

10Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:04 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why not get a HDMI cable for 3 bucks at monoprice.com? They're good.

You must get Batman:AA! God of War 3 probably as well, along with like you said MGS4 and GTA4. Good thing is you could find all of these used for cheap (except GOW3)

11Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:^^Ours was $20 at Best Buy, and we've had it for...three years? Something like that, and we've never had to change the batteries in it.
Damn, that's great. I may go look for one, now that I'm starting to dig into Blu Ray format more.

12Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:30 pm

Warpig372

Warpig372
Cadet
Cadet

Add me as a friend online:

Warpig372

13Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I will good sir! And no to used games, I don't buy any disc type media used. it's probabaly covered in sperm. lol, but I have seen quite a few good things just naturally cheap used. I guess they've kept up Greatest Hits for PS3

14Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:33 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you're on netflix make sure you get the PS3 DVD and activate your account so you can watch movies from your PS3. Also, you could very well use a bluetooth device if you already have one and you dont want to spend the cash on a headset.

Games to get at the moment

Batman: AA
GTA4
Raw vs Smackdown 2010
God of War 3
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

And remember to add your name to the other thread of PS3 Screen Names.

15Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:23 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Also Game Stop is selling new releases at 50% off from now til the middle of April, so if your not getting the PS3 until June, then I suggest you start buying your games now.

16Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lol, i'm bad at asking people for advice, cause im going against it all, but i totally don't buy anything from Gamestop. I think they suck and I'm passionate about voicing it with my dollar. I boycotted Mcdonalds for like a year and a half when they had that ad on their website where it said "A quarter Pounder? I'd hit that."

17Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:48 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not a big fan of Gamestop, either. That 50% has me pretty interested, though.

18Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:05 pm

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

^ Allegedly, the 50% off games are limited to whats on a list of certain games, otherwise i'd be getting Halo ODST or some other game for half off. And yes, Gamestop does indeed suck. yes

19Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

game days list

Here's a link to the list.

20Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:22 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hrm. It says 50%, but they seemed to have just lowered the prices to their liking. For instance, Bayonetta for $40 and Heavenly Sword seems more costly. That things $20 everywhere here. don't know

21Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:34 am

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

If you enjoyed the loot hunting of Diablo back in the day, then you will LOVE Borderlands. I mean, it's got acidic revolvers and rocket launching shotguns, for Christ's sake.

22Help me with my soon to be PS3 Empty Re: Help me with my soon to be PS3 Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:23 am

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

BlueMaxx wrote:Hrm. It says 50%, but they seemed to have just lowered the prices to their liking. For instance, Bayonetta for $40 and Heavenly Sword seems more costly. That things $20 everywhere here. don't know

The usual deceptive advertising shake my head

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum