Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

STILL the most powerful weapon in the universe?

+2
jaydee74
Sandman
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Ok so the Green lantern battery/ring what ever has been called the most powerful weapon in the DC universe right? the wearer can create anything out of a sheer force of will. How about now with all the other lantern corps out there? most can do the exact same thing! they can create constructs and unleash energy. my question is this: Is the Green Lantern still the most powerful? As we have seen when Green Arrow & batman briefly wore the ring it took ALOT of energy & will power to create anything. and Hal said it was like that all the time. Having constant will power is hard, as we have seen by Hal at some point wearing most of the other Corps rings. Would it not be easier to just give in to these emotions? rage is easier to harness, Hope & Love is something you feel that influences you in everyday life. could one of these be more powerful now that it is created and out?

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess it depends. The emerald energies of the Green Lanterns do not control the user as much as some of the others. As it's been said, the further you are from the emotional center (green) the more the power controls you. That would include Red Lanterns, Star Sapphires and probably Indigo and Orange Lanterns. The Red Lanterns don't appear to be able to make many constructs. They just shoots our red fiery lava. Also, we know that the red lantern power ring replaces your heart so you can't take off the ring I would assume without killing yourself. The exception to the rule have seem to be both Hal and Guy but both of them still had their Green Lantern rings on. Blue Lanterns work on optimal levels when they are in the vicinity of a Green Lantern and the Blue Lanterns have the ability to decrease the power of a Yellow Lantern. I'm not sure if anyone ring is more powerful than the others but because the Green is the emotional center, they might have a bit more control than the others.

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Emotional_Spectrum#Blue.2FHope

in this page is says that the Blue lantern is the most powerful, but like you said it needs the green lantern to be near by. "(the concept being that hope on its own is hollow, requiring will to make it reality)."

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think the GL ring technically ever was the "most powerful weapon in the universe", just seems like a cool saying they use rather than something to be taken literally.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Yeah. The Starheart, Spear of Destiny, Helmet of Fate, Worlogog, and so are way more powerful.

Most will say that the main power battery of Oa, but that thing has been taken over, time and again.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As with anything, it depends on the user. I think if weilded properly, it can be the most powerful weapon in the universe.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Good point. Ion entity does pretty well, although, like the Starheart, it is anomalous and may have nothing to do with the Power Battery of Oa.

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I'd suggest of the rings that Yellow would be the most powerful, as it seems it would be the easiest to wield while still allowing its bearer full control. Although, I have to admit, the special abilities of the Star Sapphires are pretty impressive.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Fear is based on unknown and trembling willpower. Willpower is the very thing of creation itself. Not to sound pretentious or philosophical. And, like you guys were saying about the Blue Lanterns, the concept of hope trancends will.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum