The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steve Rogers: Super Soldier

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Fresh03

Ninja
Ninja
http://marvel.com/news/all.12068.c2e2_2010%7ecolon%7e_steve_rogers%7ecolon%7e_super-soldier

Well, doesn't that sound and look about as awesome as awesomely possible.

Bru and Eaglesham working together is enough for me to grab this book no questions asked. They're two of the top guys in the industry and them taking on what Steve's new role is going to be, and I think we all have our suspicions about what that will be, should make for one hell of a comic.

View user profile

2 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Hmm...I am both thrilled and dismayed by this. I love the idea and everything, but it feels weird to see him without his shield. Here's hoping for some Bourne Identity style action. Rogers kicking ass is always cool. Smile

View user profile

3 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Well this made my day. Very Happy

"I don't think the public at large will know anything about what he's doing," Brubaker says. "He'll be more like a James Bond for the Marvel Universe, operating covertly to save the world."

Giggity...

View user profile

4 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile

5 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:00 pm

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
It looks good, but I'll probably just trade wait this.

View user profile

6 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:12 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Hmmm.. I'm thinking that I'll be dropping the normal Cap book and will be going to this.

View user profile

7 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:10 pm

Fresh03

Ninja
Ninja
Hmmm.. I'm thinking that I'll be dropping the normal Cap book and will be going to this.

It's only a four issue mini so dropping Cap might not be worth it.

View user profile

8 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:36 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
This sounds awesome.

I love the fact that Bucky is continuing on as Cap, and I'm loving the sound of what Steve is going to do. Also, I really like his new costume.

View user profile

9 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:37 pm

comicgeekelly

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fresh03 wrote:

I still might drop Cap due to my hate for the Nomad backup and the increase in price that is caused by it.

View user profile

10 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:15 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
comicgeekelly wrote:
Fresh03 wrote:

I still might drop Cap due to my hate for the Nomad backup and the increase in price that is caused by it.

Same here. It's staying 3.99 as far a I know. I hate that backup.

View user profile

11 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:36 am

Fresh03

Ninja
Ninja
The Nomad back up is ending in a couple of months. She's going to be in that Young Allies book and out of Cap.

View user profile

12 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:53 am

prescribeddrone

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fresh03 wrote:The Nomad back up is ending in a couple of months. She's going to be in that Young Allies book and out of Cap.

I the q&a Tom said that it'll still be there and "too bad" it'll still be 3.99, basically.

http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort

View user profile

13 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:03 am

Fresh03

Ninja
Ninja
Well, shit, I don't like the back up either, give me straight Bucky Cap any day.

View user profile

14 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:52 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Fresh03 wrote:http://marvel.com/news/all.12068.c2e2_2010%7ecolon%7e_steve_rogers%7ecolon%7e_super-soldier

Well, doesn't that sound and look about as awesome as awesomely possible.

Bru and Eaglesham working together is enough for me to grab this book no questions asked. They're two of the top guys in the industry and them taking on what Steve's new role is going to be, and I think we all have our suspicions about what that will be, should make for one hell of a comic.

I love the new costume. I only have two things I would tweak. One would be to have made the first and third stripe red and I would have given him a mask. Other then that, I love the new look.

View user profile

15 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
jaydee74 wrote:I love the new costume. I only have two things I would tweak. One would be to have made the first and third stripe red and I would have given him a mask. Other then that, I love the new look.

I really like the red stripes idea, but I like that he's going maskless for now.

View user profile

16 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Bigtymin504 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I love the new costume. I only have two things I would tweak. One would be to have made the first and third stripe red and I would have given him a mask. Other then that, I love the new look.

I really like the red stripes idea, but I like that he's going maskless for now.

I too like that he doesn't have a mask. As for making some of the stripes red? I don't know if I'd like that. For some reason I think it'd almost look silly.

View user profile

17 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:20 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

I too like that he doesn't have a mask. As for making some of the stripes red? I don't know if I'd like that. For some reason I think it'd almost look silly.

Their are two reasons I would have made the first and third stripe on this chest red. The first one is that by doing that, it gives it a more American Flag feel. The second is that it would make the costume pop just a bit more. Having three white stripes on the chest feels a bit flat to me. The only reason I would have given him a mask as well is if he's supposed to be a Secret Avenger and covert, not having a mask almost feels like it defeats the purpose of being covert. It would hide his identity.

View user profile

18 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:26 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
This is what I think would have popped just a bit more:

I just think adding a bit more red to the costume makes it a bit more interesting.

View user profile

19 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:26 am

I love the sound of this, will definately pick it up!

View user profile

20 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:27 am

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
MikeSabian wrote:I love the sound of this, will definately pick it up!
Same here. Not sure if I'll pick up the issues or the trade though. Probably the issues.

View user profile

21 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 am

vikoros

Ninja
Ninja
Wait, is he wearing Corellian Bloodstripes?

I like the blue and white... has a nice SHIELD feel. And I do like that he's going without a mask now. It'll just suck for new action figures... masks just make better toys, people.

View user profile

22 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

View user profile

23 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:56 pm

jaydee74

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
So this is only a 4 issue mini? I'm getting the issues. It looks gorgeous.

View user profile

24 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:07 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That looks awesome. I can't wait.

View user profile

25 Re: Steve Rogers: Super Soldier on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I have to say that I'm loving Steve's new costume. I love him not being Cap right now and Bucky continuing on. I REALLY hope that they keep this up for a good LONG time.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum