The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Avengers: The Children's Crusade

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Avengers: The Children's Crusade on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:18 pm

ed2962

Cadet
Cadet
Batman25JM wrote:Avengers: The Children's Crusade #4

Something else has to be going on here. Either this is all in Wiccan's head or some magic shit or something. I refuse to believe this is just the regular world. Wolverine is way too extreme in this book. He's way too willing to kill Wanda. Sure, he's got an animalistic side, and she is responsible for wiping out most of the mutant race, but he's still too aggressive.

The story was just meh, but I dug the art.

I've been enjoying this series so far, but I agree...Wolverine's dialogue is just OFF. It COULD be maybe Wanda subconsciously influencing him, but kinda feel it's maybe Heinberg just not having solid grasp on the character.
I love the art as well.

View user profile http://ed2962.wordpress.com

27 Re: Avengers: The Children's Crusade on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:25 am

Aussiemandias

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
ed2962 wrote:

Something else has to be going on here. Either this is all in Wiccan's head or some magic shit or something. I refuse to believe this is just the regular world. Wolverine is way too extreme in this book. He's way too willing to kill Wanda. Sure, he's got an animalistic side, and she is responsible for wiping out most of the mutant race, but he's still too aggressive.

I've been enjoying this series so far, but I agree...Wolverine's dialogue is just OFF. It COULD be maybe Wanda subconsciously influencing him, but kinda feel it's maybe Heinberg just not having solid grasp on the character.
I love the art as well.
I think it's the latter. Heinberg's writing doesn't really do it for me.

However....I don't really care about the story because I just stare and stare at the pretty pictures. bow

View user profile

28 Re: Avengers: The Children's Crusade on Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
Heinberg not getting the character is the most logical conclusion, but I hope that isn't the case. I loved Heinberg's first YA run, and I wish I was loving this, but I'm not.

View user profile

29 Re: Avengers: The Children's Crusade on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wolverine aggressive and willing to kill?? Well I've never. tongue

No but really, Heinburg has got Wolverine absolutely right here. Go back and read House of M. Logan was the main guy advocating that Wanda be put down. He's been saying from the beginning that she's too dangerous to be kept around. And this was before she changed all of reality, nearly wiped out his entire race, and made him remember his entire past. He's taken this kind of aggressive stance before so this is exactly where he should be now.

View user profile

30 Re: Avengers: The Children's Crusade on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Batman25JM

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
^I don't agree. Sure, maybe he wants to kill her, but I don't think he's attack her like that, especially when the other Avengers have said no. Also, I'd think that knowing his intent the other Avengers would keep a closer eye on him.

Also, though the art is great, the fact that Steve is in his Cap outfit and Tony is in his old armor is really starting to bug me.

View user profile

31 Re: Avengers: The Children's Crusade on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Bigtymin504

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja
I don't really see how you can necessarily disagree though, Bats. Logan's been saying he's for putting her down since House of M because she's too dangerous, and now he finally got the opportunity so he's gotten pretty serious about it. Heinburg's grasp of Wolverine's feelings here are spot on if you ask me.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum