Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Invaders

+2
LOOSECANNON
Bigtymin504
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Invaders Empty The Invaders Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25808

Brevoort announced a new "The Invaders" series, which will run five issues spearheaded by Christos Gage and Alex Ross. He called it "the culmination of the last year and half of stuff Alex Ross has been masterminding with the Invaders and the Human Torch."

The Invaders Invaders

The band is back together! Wink

Last edited by Bigtymin504 on Sun May 09, 2010 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

2The Invaders Empty Re: The Invaders Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:14 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

how was that Avengers/Invaders book? The issue's were slowly releasing just as I got back into comics and it didn't get resounding reviews...but it's Alex Ross, so...how is it, really?

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

3The Invaders Empty Re: The Invaders Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:how was that Avengers/Invaders book? The issue's were slowly releasing just as I got back into comics and it didn't get resounding reviews...but it's Alex Ross, so...how is it, really?

I didn't pick it up but might someday. I haven't heard great things either so not sure. Ross only did covers and not interiors, I think he co-plotted it too.

Unfortunately, it seems like Ross is only doing covers and not interiors on this either. I'm not the biggest fan of his interiors anyway cuz they look too static, but they're still nice to look at. I don't get why Marvel doesn't have him do interiors on this at least. shake my head

4The Invaders Empty Re: The Invaders Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:47 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Kingdom Come and Justice were insane...

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

5The Invaders Empty Re: The Invaders Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:07 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:how was that Avengers/Invaders book? The issue's were slowly releasing just as I got back into comics and it didn't get resounding reviews...but it's Alex Ross, so...how is it, really?

I dropped it by like issue 3, it bored me. Basically The Invaders from the 40's got time traveled to the post-Steve Rogers death modern era.. ect

6The Invaders Empty Re: The Invaders Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:27 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

^ Yeah, it was pretty bad. If you find all the issues cheap, give it a read, but I wouldn't go out of your way to get it.

Is anyone reading the Human Torch? After Avengers/Invaders I didn't pick it up.

7The Invaders Empty Re: The Invaders Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dmahoney wrote:Is anyone reading the Human Torch? After Avengers/Invaders I didn't pick it up.

Yep, it's been good. It started off great but has lost a little momentum in the last couple issues. Good read so far though.

8The Invaders Empty Re: The Invaders Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:58 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Avengers/Invaders I didn't find to be very good and dropped it after a few issues. As with Bigtymin I've found the Torch to be pretty good although it's pretty obvious it's gone too long (which is a problem with a lot of minis). I think the difference has been Mike Carey on the latter book. Seeing I don't like Christos Gage's work much I'll be avoiding this one.

9The Invaders Empty Re: The Invaders Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:22 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alex Ross on Invaders
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26881

The Invaders Invaders1

I really hope this is good because it has so much potential.

10The Invaders Empty Re: The Invaders Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:48 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Please let this be better than Avengers/Invaders

11The Invaders Empty Re: The Invaders Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Invaders Now! (yeah that's the new title...)

This was solid. It was mostly set up and a "gathering the team together" issue but the main premise revealed at the end seems very interesting. Maybe it's just the nostalgia but I love seeing the original Invaders back together. It's especially cool to see the original Vision and Jim Hammond fully back in the MU. Not to mention Spitfire, who I love as a character. Glad to see her getting some exposure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum