Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

X-Men C2E2 News

+10
Denim
Ric Magnum
shark6495
Administrator
Batman25JM
LordD3r3k
DickGrayson007
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Bigtymin504
prescribeddrone
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1X-Men C2E2 News Empty X-Men C2E2 News Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:22 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25826

As the inaugural Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo began to wind down Sunday afternoon, Marvel's X-Men panel was in full swing.

On hand for the panel were Marjorie Liu, "Dark Wolverine" artist Cammo (Giuseppe Camuncoli), Peter David, editor Jenine Schaefer, and moderator Arune Singh.

Whilce Portacio will be the new artist on "Uncanny X-Men" beginning in July, Singh announced. Leonard Kirk will be the new artist on "New Mutants," while Chris Claremont and Milo Manara's "X-Women" one shot will also ship in July and Claremont's "New Mutants Forever" begins in August.

"Mutants vs. Vampires" begins in a new "X-Men" #1 by Victor Gischler and Paco Medina.

"Wolverine: Weapon X" will be ending, with a new "Wolverine" #1 by Jason Aaron and Renato Guedes, with covers by Jae Lee shipping in September. In it, Wolverine goes to Hell. "His soul goes to hell, andwWe're going to see what happens when he's not around to be in control of his own body," Schaefer said.

"Dark Wolverine" will become "Daken: Dark Wolverine" in September, with Liu, Daniel Way, and Giuseppe Camuncoli returning. "The key words are intrigue, violence, exploitation, sex—more of the same."

An X-23 series begins in September, written by Liu with an artist to be named later. "She's basically on a journey of self discovery. It's going to be very dark, intense book, but hopefully along the way there will be a ray of light that she'll be able to find her place in the world," Liu said.

"X-Force" will end after Second Coming, to be relaunched in October with Rick Remender and Jerome Opeña. "When Wolverine is put in charge of X-Force, it's a totally different team than Cyclops would put together," Schaefer said. "They're going to be taking on Apocalypse."

David then spoke about "X-Factor." "People have been asking why we've taken X-Factor in the direction we have," David said. "The long-time Marvel fans will remember that any time anybody got into a cab in New York City, Mark Spector Moon Knight would be driving it." He's trying to restore that feel by making X-Factor the go-to detective agency of the Marvel U. "If you're a super-villain and you suspect your wife is cheating on you, you go to X-Factor--especially if you think she's cheating with another super-villain." X-Factor will take the case if you can pay the bill, David said.

"When 'X-Factor' #207 comes out, fans are going to go nuts," he continued. "The last page will get us as much attention, if not more, than since Madrox ate his baby."

Singh said that, following "Second Coming," the X-Men will be much more integrated into the Marvel Universe, which will explain why Spider-Man, She-Hulk and others are in the X-Men promotional images.

Singh then turned the floor over to questions. Throughout the session, though the panelists had to hedge answers because they might reveal the events of "Second Coming."

"X-Men Legacy" will continue with Mike Carey despite other changes to the line, Singh confirmed in response to the first question.

A fan asked whether the X-Men would return to being a metaphor for civil rights issues, with Schaefer saying that there would be a degree of this in Matt Fraction's "Uncanny," which she said already had this underlying tone.

"After M-Day, there were only 198 mutants, and that number has been slowly dwindling," Schaefer said. "Every time a mutant dies, that's like two million people."

David contended that the X-Men have not got away from the civil rights concept, with the mutants being threatened from within or without, noting that, "now they're essentially living in a ghetto." "We couldn't have done that when there were two million of them. Now we can explore the ghettoization of an entire culture."

Singh said there is something coming up in "Second Coming" that will "make you very happy."

The Wolverine in hell story will take place before the events of the new "X-Force," although their publishing schedules overlap. "It will all fit in," Singh said of the continuity.

The next question asked when Layla Miller would "get back to making out with Jamie Madrox." David said she would be re-joining the team with "Second Coming" and "sticking around for a while." The early dynamic of "everybody but Madrox saying, 'what is she doing here?'" will return, thanks to her year with Doctor Doom. "In the real world, when someone doesn't trust you, you do everything you can to earn their trust—Layla doesn't give a crap," David said. "As to whether she'll be making out with Jamie: yes."

"Second Coming" will address Hope's story and origins, Schaefer confirmed in response to a question.

"I can't tell you anything about 'X-Force' and I can't tell you anything about Nightcrawler, but I can tell you he has a huge role in 'Second Coming,'" Singh said when asked about the character's fate.

Asked about the hint that Madrox was not a mutant, David said that the line was actually "You have no idea what you are." David explained his thought was that there are a second evolutionary branch of mutants who don't follow the pattern of gaining powers at adolescence. David said he would touch on this at some point.

A fan said he was worried about the return of "shallow" '90s stories, given the character selection of the new X-books. Schaefer said that what's happening in the X-books is very organic, while David said that writers choose characters because they think there's a story to tell. "I brought Shatterstar back because I wanted to give Rictor something to do," David said, to applause and laughs.

The beginnings of a question about Daken's hook-ups and the romance between Rictor and Shatterstar was interrupted by David, who said, "No, Rictor will not be making out with Daken." "I wish Nick Lowe, editor on 'Uncanny' was here, because he totally wants more kissing," Schaeffer added.

A fan thanked David for the Rictor/Shatterstar love story. "I've got letters from people saying they literally broke down in tears of joy at seeing those characters together," David said. He noted that other writers have laid the subtext, but "it's the 21st century--it doesn't have to be subtext anymore." He added that, "Maybe I was being naive, but I really didn't think it was that big of a deal—it was panel 5 of a six-panel page."

He wound up by saying, "under my watch, I am never going to kill off Rictor or Shatterstar. Will it be a smooth road? Hell no!" David also said he would not say whether they would ultimately stay together. The fan was applauded for his comment, and David for his response.

Asked about the Juggernaut's status as a hero or villain, Singh said the character would play a huge role in "Thunderbolts," the Jeff Parker-written book that will feature Luke Cage reforming villains starting in May.

Regarding the visual differences between Logan and Daken, Cammo said, "Logan is raw; Daken is more seductive, which also affects how he fights."

"We trust Cammo; his instincts are superb," Liu said.

Liue said "Daken" was a series about "a man who wants to rule the world." "He has a big ego, which is part of why he thinks he deserves all this power. But a lot of it is also insecurity," she added.

X-Men C2E2 News Szfvht

Last edited by prescribeddrone on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

2X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:33 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New X- Force

A Heroic Age is about to begin in the Marvel Universe. At first glance, it looks like this new era will be a time of hope where costumed champions can walk in the sunlight and get back to the business of helping people. Appearances can be deceiving, though. A secret society is putting a plan into motion that would turn this age of heroes into the Age of Apocalypse! The only thing standing in their way is the cast of “New X-Force,” a new ongoing series by the creative team behind “Fear Agent” and “Punisher,” writer Rick Remender and artist Jerome Opeña. CBR News spoke with Remender about “New X-Force,” which begins in October and was announced Sunday at Marvel's X-Men panel at the C2E2 Convention in Chicago.

The current volume of “X-Force” details the exploits of a clandestine wetworks team Cyclops put together to protect the endangered mutant species from anti-mutant hate and terrorist groups. The cast just became embroiled in “Second Coming,” a massive crossover between the various titles in the X-Men line, and recent developments in the story have lead to certain X-Men uncovering the existence and purpose of X-Force.

“Scott Summers had a heavy involvement in X-Force and felt that it was the only solution at the time. Scott was playing the role of general in a war so it felt like something that was necessary,” Remender told CBR News. “After the dust settles from 'Second Coming,' I don't know if that will be Scott's perspective anymore. People who fight wars need to believe that their war has to end at some point. Coming out of 'Second Coming,' I think we'll see a different perspective in terms of where the X-books are at. That leads to a very different working relationship with the members of the new X-Force.”

In “New X-Force,” the titular team is brought together because one of their number uncovers a shocking revelation. “One of the cast learns that Apocalypse has returned and that his followers, Clan Akkaba, have good reason to believe that the Age of Apocalypse -- the time their master takes total control of Earth -- will begin when everybody's guard is down. So it's starting to look like the Heroic Age is indicator that the Age of Apocalypse is about to begin,” Remender explained. “The person who made this discovery is worried that Apocalypse's most powerful agents, the Four Horsemen, have secretly intermingled with the rest of the mutant population. So this person can't discuss why or how he found this out. Because if they told the wrong person and that person was one of or in cahoots with the Four Horsemen, then they tip their hand and Apocalypse knows that they know he's back.”

Once certain of Apocalypse's return, the X-Men invite several heroes who they know -- or think they know -- for absolute certain aren't in league with Apocalypse. Remender had to keep the identities of most of the new team a secret, but was able to reveal that Wolverine will return as the team's field leader in “New X-Force.” “With the exception of Wolverine this is an almost entirely new team,” Remender remarked. “Only one other has any previous connection to X-Force, but they're all A-list characters. They're big, heavy hitting characters and as the story progresses we're going to see more and more of them. It's a dream team. I wish I could talk about more about them. It's exciting as hell.”

Remender is a long time X-Men fan so the chance to work with the characters involved was a dream come true for the writer. “I read the X-titles pretty damn religiously from about 1984 -- I believe the story with the Dire Wraiths was my first issue -- all the way up till the time I moved to San Francisco in 1999 . I was living in a very expensive city and was a struggling writer/artist and a teacher at the time, so I didn't have the funds for comic books. Now that I'm going to be one of the X-writers, I have the opportunity to really dig in and investigate what's going on, and I've been able to read a ton of the great recent stuff. Finally got to read Grant Morrison’s entire run in one sitting. It’s a terrific inspiration.”

Since its first incarnation, X-Force has always been a team responsible for taking on some of the dirtier jobs in the X-Universe. That gritty nature will continue in “New X-Force,” which makes the book's cast of characters even more compelling to Remender. “Lately I'm drawn to hard-boiled characters. Call it a phase. So with 'New X-Force' there is a slightly edgier tone to the series than, say, 'Uncanny X-Men.' But I think at the same time people are going to see that it's definitely going to be more tempered than in previous incarnations. The underlying theme for our band of characters is redemption,” the writer stated. “ People will understand that when they see who the team is and what they've been through in the 'Second Coming' crossover. I don't want to retread anybody's steps and one thing that I always responded to was the family aspect of the X-Universe. It seems like even the band of characters who have taken on the unpleasant assignments in order to protect the rest of the family should still echo that. X-Force should have an even tighter bond given what they must do. So family's been the focus of a lot of what I'm writing.”

Out of all the X-Men, no one has done more dirty jobs for the good of the larger family of mutantkind than Wolverine, and Remender is happy for the character to play a prominent role in “New X-Force.”

“I've always thought the great thing about Wolverine is that he probably should have ended up being a bad guy, but he fights against that animalistic nature and all of the things that have been done to him,” Remender remarked. “He's endured a ton of mind altering bullshit and has decades and decades of blood on his hands, but at his core is a person that is struggling to maintain nobility and a person still trying to fight a beast that has grown inside of him and hold on to his humanity. He does his best to aim that beast at things that he deems to be evil. So for me that's always a fascinating juxtaposition

“One of the themes of 'New X-Force' will be that duality of character. We have a lot of characters on the team who are the same in that sense. They have an inherent duality, people who very much want to do good and make the world a better place, but at the same time there is blood on their hands and they find themselves at cross purposes,” Remender continued. “This is a family of X-characters who at one point or another have all had to kill for the common good. I think what's really important to them beyond continuing to help mutants survive is to have a life worth fighting for. Survival just isn't enough. These aren't characters who are going to go out and happily do murder. Plus, there are voices of dissent within the team. I like the idea of having the characters put forth the debate about what they do and that it's not so simple.”

The first arc of “New X-Force” is about the team coming together to engage Apocalypse and his followers in a global game of chess. “I like the idea that Apocalypse is a master manipulator. I think one of the focal points in this series and things that will be coming up is the game of chess that Apocalypse is playing with these characters,” Remender explained. “And the character who discovers that Apocalypse has returned also uncovers the fact that Clan Akkaba is entrenched in four big bases and ready to bring about the Age of Apocalypse. Nobody on X-Force knows how far-reaching the Clan's grasp is. Things are very bad and the plans are way further along than they thought. So they're forced to kill Apocalypse. X-Force is defunct, shouldn’t exist. The Four Horsemen could be anyone. So they can't tell anybody else what they're doing. There's definitely a feeling of paranoia in the first story arc.”

In addition to the action and the intrigue, the initial arc of “New X-Force” will also feature some mysterious elements. “On the surface level this may look like another story of an X-Villain putting his forces together and preparing his rise to power, but there's a lot more involved. Later, when we start to see what's really going on, it's going to be wild. There's a lot under the surface,” Remender explained. “People who read 'Fear Agent’ know that I like to seed things early and have pay off arcs later. So there are under currents going the whole time and thing are slowly building. There will be a lot of fun pay offs, ratcheting up the tension, tossing X-Force from frying pan to bigger frying pan then into the sun.”

Remender's long term plans for “New X-Force” call for his characters to diversify and greatly expand their rogues’ gallery. “The first arc is obviously focused on Apocalypse and these Four Horsemen, we'll see whether or not that's resolved or becomes something that plays out across my tenure on the book,” the writer said. “For the second arc, we have plans for things that aren't necessarily associated with the X-Universe. The threats in this book don’t have to be X-centric. (See what I did there?) It won't be like, 'Okay, now we're doing Apocalypse again. Or here's Mister Sinister coming back. And now it's time for the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants again.' Those are great villains. They're perfect for these characters, but there's a whole world out there, and as fans of my work on 'Punisher' know, I like to put peanut butter and chocolate together. I like the idea that X-Force will be drawn into things involving all aspects of the Marvel Universe.”

One of the reasons Remender feels so comfortable throwing together various elements in “New X-Force” is his collaborator, Jerome Opeña. “When you get an assignment like 'New X-Force,' your first instinct is 'Yay!' And your second instinct is, 'Oh shit! That's pretty big! There are a lot of people who are going to read that!' As soon as Jerome signed on to join me on this book, all fear went out the window. The stuff that we have planned is really exciting, and Jerome’s pages are next generation amazing,” Remender stated. “We've been working together for like five years now and Jerome is one of those guys where their pages come in and I just go through them and spend an evening cutting dialogue. I trim things down to the bare essentials because the art does everything for you. You don't need to paint any more of a picture. Now the art does it.”

“New X-Force” is Remender's highest profile Marvel assignment to date and the writer is going out of his way to craft a story that pleases both hardcore fans of the X-Books and new readers. “As somebody who very religiously followed the X-Universe for 20 some years and obsessively collected everything, it was always important to me as a reader that creators who came on the books were fans of the books and knew the characters beyond just knowing what cool fights to put them in. They had to know what made them tick; this team of assassins doing these ugly jobs are complex characters and how they came to this, where they come from and why they’re here is important to explore,” Remender said. “I know a good deal about what makes them who they are and those are I'm focusing on using that past to lead to their natural futures. It's going to be a nice balance. We're going to have full throttle action and character development. Most importantly, we stay grounded with a firm sense of these characters’ humanity. So hopefully anybody who is unfamiliar with my work can at least feel settled knowing that the person at the helm is somebody who loves the characters.

“Also, I also can't stress enough how new-reader-friendly this series is. We don't rely on anyone having prior knowledge of who a character is in order to tell a story,” Remender continued. “You can read this series with no knowledge of who these characters are and I promise you, by the first five issues I will have done my job in showing you who they are and further developing them for you; showing you who they are, how their pasts connects to their presents and why it shapes them and motivates them. It will all be in there. So it's as new-reader-friendly as a book can be. 'New X-Force' isn't just for X-Men fans. It's for fans of Marvel Comics in general.”

X-Men C2E2 News 155lx86

3X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:27 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:X-Men C2E2 News 155lx86

Ugh another Secret Warriors-like teaser lol. Let the speculation begin...

4X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

More art...

X-Men C2E2 News X-Men2X-Men C2E2 News X-Men1

Well now we know what the "We Are The X-Men" teasers are about...Mutants vs Vampires. neutral

5X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:32 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

X-Men C2E2 News X-Men3

I love that line up.

6X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:X-Men C2E2 News Szfvht

Jason Aaron has been awesome on Wolverine: Weapon X so this new book should be just as good...I like how the premise sounds. And Jae Lee's covers are sick.

7X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:53 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

Angel
Fantomex
Deadpool
Not sure who that is in the middle. Since it is Remender, I'm scared that it may be Punisher, because Marvel has an anything goes attitude about their books. This in all honesty, would not surprise me for one second.

Bigtymin504 wrote:More art...

Well now we know what the "We Are The X-Men" teasers are about...Mutants vs Vampires. neutral

No Nightcrawler? Nightcrawler confirmed for dead.

Bigtymin504 wrote:X-Men C2E2 News X-Men3

I love that line up.

Still no Nightcrawler? Nightcrawler really confirmed for dead. shake my head

8X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:X-Men C2E2 News Szfvht

Jason Aaron has been awesome on Wolverine: Weapon X so this new book should be just as good...I like how the premise sounds. And Jae Lee's covers are sick.

Wolverine was playing with Lordderek's sword collection? scratch

Laughing

9X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:21 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Angel
Fantomex
Deadpool
Not sure who that is in the middle. Since it is Remender, I'm scared that it may be Punisher, because Marvel has an anything goes attitude about their books. This in all honesty, would not surprise me for one second.

Bigtymin504 wrote:More art...

No Nightcrawler? Nightcrawler confirmed for dead.

Bigtymin504 wrote:X-Men C2E2 News X-Men3

I love that line up.

Still no Nightcrawler? Nightcrawler really confirmed for dead. shake my head

^That's what I was thinking as well. God I hope not.

10X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^The other thing that crossed my mind: That last picture: Cyclops----DAT BULGE

You cannot unsee now. Laughing

11X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:58 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Wolverine was playing with Lordderek's sword collection? scratch
Laughing

Ha!

12X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:24 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know we don't know much about it, but this mutant vs. vampires thing seems weird. It seems like a lame 70s, 80s, or 90s gimmick.

I'm getting more and more worried about Nightcrawler's fate. He's been my #1 pick for the X-Man that dies in Second Coming ever since we found out that one would die. I really hope I'm wrong, but the comment that was made about him in that C2E2 panel as well as the fact that he's not in any of those pictures really worries me.

13X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Iceman is also not up there, so what? Maybe Cable will die, finishing his ultimate mission to deliver Hope to safety.

Fantomex is obviously up there on X-Force. I think Angel/Archangel is there too, but the wings look more like a cape. All silhouettes looks weird, though. Not sure about Deadpool but the middle one looks like either Psylocke or Elektra.

I usually love Jae Lee's art, but that Wolverine image looks ugly. He looks like he's about to crap.

Mutants vs. vampires? Really? The zombies/Necrosha storyline wasn't bad enough?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

14X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:51 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:Iceman is also not up there, so what? Maybe Cable will die, finishing his ultimate mission to deliver Hope to safety.

I'd hope for Cable dying. Iceman dying seems like a non-death since he can easily reform himself. It wouldn't be a big deal and it would save him from Marvel's "mucking up powerful characters because they don't know how to use them" syndrome (ie. Dr. Strange, Thor, and so forth). They tried it with Iceman, but the idea that Iceman, a guy who can make himself a new body from ice being afflicted with an STD seemed silly, even for Marvel. Anyways, I can't fathom how they would kill Iceman. I'm sure if they did, it would be along the lines of it's magic advanced tech, we don't have to explain it.

15X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Tomer Soiker wrote:Iceman is also not up there, so what? Maybe Cable will die, finishing his ultimate mission to deliver Hope to safety.

I'd hope for Cable dying. Iceman dying seems like a non-death since he can easily reform himself. It wouldn't be a big deal and it would save him from Marvel's "mucking up powerful characters because they don't know how to use them" syndrome (ie. Dr. Strange, Thor, and so forth). They tried it with Iceman, but the idea that Iceman, a guy who can make himself a new body from ice being afflicted with an STD seemed silly, even for Marvel. Anyways, I can't fathom how they would kill Iceman. I'm sure if they did, it would be along the lines of it's magic advanced tech, we don't have to explain it.

or they could just put him in a really hot room.... no magic or advanced tech. ice melts to water, water turns to steam... if you get it hot enough you can break down the H2O molecules....

and wait what? when did he get an STD?

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

16X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:50 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:

or they could just put him in a really hot room.... no magic or advanced tech. ice melts to water, water turns to steam...

This is the part where people who know from Marvel say "oh shit, now you've done it".

Iceman can exist in steam form and reform himself. He can transition to steam form traumatically as well. So that doesn't really cut it. Putting him in a "hot room" won't work either, much like fire has little effect on him. How do we know this? In X-men Manifest Destiny, he himself stated this when he walked out a fire explosion, with the fire and heat having no effect on him. Do recall what happened when Sunfire tried to roll up on Iceman. Iceman stopped Sunfire, and retarded his flame by controlling the chemical process involved. He did this by controlling the energy/heat of the process. Iceman's power, by nature, by default, is energy control in the form of thermokinesis. Add the control of all forms of water which indicates a control over molecules and one has a person who is nigh unkillable. If there was a means to do it, I don't trust most of the writers to come up with a good one, since he is fairly hard to destroy. I seriously could fill this page with examples of why it would take a lot to kill him.

shark6495 wrote:
if you get it hot enough you can break down the H2O molecules....

Iceman has been ripped apart at the molecular level. he was teleported into a wal and still reformed himself. Seriously, what you are suggesting is that Iceman will just sit there while people take turns trying to destroy him. That doesn't even take into account the actual thermodynamics and physics involved in breaking down water to the degree you're talking about. And I bring up such science because you are trying to apply real life science to a situation like this, so I'll apply it to the same extent.

In any case, Iceman resides within a comfortable niche and Carey would have a fit if they killed him off. I stand by my statements.

17X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:19 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

good call on all of the above. Now if Ice man was incapacitated they could take turns trying to kill him hehe. And yeah I know how much work it takes to break down molecules it was just an outside idea. Plus i totally forgot all about him controlling heat and not just ice/water. My bad.... plus we both applied natural logic to a man who turns into ice.....

18X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

"Mutants vs. Vampires" begins in a new "X-Men" #1 by Victor Gischler and Paco Medina.

"Wolverine: Weapon X" will be ending, with a new "Wolverine" #1 by Jason Aaron and Renato Guedes, with covers by Jae Lee shipping in September. In it, Wolverine goes to Hell. "His soul goes to hell, andwWe're going to see what happens when he's not around to be in control of his own body," Schaefer said.

"Dark Wolverine" will become "Daken: Dark Wolverine" in September, with Liu, Daniel Way, and Giuseppe Camuncoli returning. "The key words are intrigue, violence, exploitation, sex—more of the same."

"X-Force" will end after Second Coming, to be relaunched in October with Rick Remender and Jerome Opeña. "When Wolverine is put in charge of X-Force, it's a totally different team than Cyclops would put together," Schaefer said. "They're going to be taking on Apocalypse."

I really hate this shit. Seriously another X-Men #1? Another Wolverine #1? X-Force is probably going to be renumbered aswell. Just keep the same title and stop renumbering! We get it. It's a new era of X-Men. It doesn't call for mass renumbering and brand new titles!

19X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:22 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, that's fairly annoying. I'm waiting for when they start doing that every story arc. And yes, I am a little bored.

20X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

how did you do that ^^^

21X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:47 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In related news....this came out on Friday of last week, but I was too busy with C2E2 to post it here, Adding it to this thread since it actuly ties into the topic.
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/04/marvels_wacky_x-men_story_explained_with_bonus_mar.php

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

22X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See, the fact that Iceman isn't in the pictures doesn't really worry me like Nightcrawler. Iceman hasn't really been front and center in the X-books lately, while Nightcrawler has (as least more so than Iceman). So his absences means more than Bobby's.

I'd actually be fine if Cable is the one that gets offed. I don't hate him or anything, but honestly it wouldn't upset me if he goes. It wouldn't be that different from now. He hasn't been in any books other than his own and I don't read that book.

I was kinda hoping Storm would be the one to go. I used to love her, but now she annoys the shit out of me. Too bad she's in the pics for post Second Coming.

23X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:In related news....this came out on Friday of last week, but I was too busy with C2E2 to post it here, Adding it to this thread since it actuly ties into the topic.
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/04/marvels_wacky_x-men_story_explained_with_bonus_mar.php
I think this is just more shameless self-promotion from Millar...gotta love it. Laughing

I'm with Wade on Iceman not being the one to die. Sadly, all signs seem to be pointing to Kurt. Crying or Very sad

24X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shark6495 wrote:how did you do that ^^^

Advanced tech. tongue

Laughing ˙ǝʞoظ ɐ ɟo ɐǝpı ʎɯ osןɐ sı ǝɹǝɥ ʇɹɐd ǝןʇʇıן sıɥʇ 'sǝʎ puɐ ˙ʇɐɥʇ op oʇ pǝsn ı ʇɐɥʍ ʍoɥs ןןıʍ ʇı puɐ ʇxǝʇ ǝɥʇ ǝʇonb

Denim wrote:In related news....this came out on Friday of last week, but I was too busy with C2E2 to post it here, Adding it to this thread since it actuly ties into the topic.

I don't fault Millar on this one. Marvel has used his ideas before (Secret Invasion was just the Chitauri invasion with more people---well, I imagine he would see it that way). It has never been an issue since he has come out with stuff before they do. This time, not so. That and all the comic people seem to be drinking the same water, since they keep coming up with similar ideas. There must be some unforeseen influence (are they watching vampire and zombie movies before the Marvel vs. DC softball tournament?) that is causing this. Laughing

25X-Men C2E2 News Empty Re: X-Men C2E2 News Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Is it weird that I had absolutely zero problem reading that upside down/backwards text? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum