Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Con moment from C2E2

+28
darth__frodo
aequitus
Foxy
Lee
Demonweasel
mchampion
Astro13Zombie
BlueMaxx
Debaser77
Silent K
Mnemosis
goatt
rwe1138
SexyToaster
JonSpangler
MillionDollarGeek
TENIME_art
Rath99
Ska
JessJupiter
WonderWoman2.0
Denim
Joshua
potatojoe
Chi-Town Spidey
THALASTDRAGON
elijahdprophet
Gojiratoho
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

26Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:17 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

MillionDollarGeek wrote:Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday... all fucken great moments. Meeting all of you was just it for me to geek out.

Thursday - Watching Kick Ass with all of you, Richard Roeper was sitting right in front of me but Knize, Lee, and Rob had the better seats. They didn't even know Roeper was sitting next to them until I told them the next day.
Friday - Kevin Conroy panel and Chris Ward's question to him. Meeting all of you in The Group Picture. Me walking around in the Buy More T-shirt and having people tell me that its an awesome shirt and a few take pictures. PoP! Panel. Fan Girl of the Month Calendar panel. Having the Rancor in my hands. Having the PoP! sign in my hand like it was He-Man's sword. White Castle with all of you.... End of the night hanging out with Tad, Ben, and Denim.

Saturday - Awesome Scott Pilgrim group cosplay with Daisy and the guy that played Todd Ingram (Mario who will be joining the site as well) And oh em gee... the photo rapage that Daisy was telling me about and I had to experience for the first time ever during the costume contest.

Sunday - Last day, just going around and buying stuff... geeking out over at Tim Seeley's booth and him asking me what PoPtweetmafia was and me explaining to him the Panels on Pages twitterers and then him proceeding to write his twitter name down on my shirt. Gem Wolf interviewing MillionDollarGeek... lol. Me doing the poprocks challenge (I could have done another one on camera). Getting sketches, saying goodbye to Sexy Toaster (tear) saying goodbye to a few other people. Hyatt lobby, hanging out with all of you before the popcast, saying goodbye and hugging all of you because you treated me like family, and then the last picture I took was the PoP! Group.

So yea... I had an awesome ass time over the weekend and I wouldn't trade that over anything.

Also should be noted that I just completely lost it when I was walking around with Lee, Nicole, and Kerouc when I saw Tango just standing in the middle of the red carpet. I tapped his shoulder and told him my wife was a big fan and he shook my hand and gave me a brotherly love hug. Im like.... this man just hugged the hell out of me! Awesome times.

I was the guy bugging Roeper before the movie, and I made him wave to my wife.

A highlight for me.

27Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:28 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw you geek out as you were leaving. fun times.

28Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:37 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

Geek out moment for sure. I get the Sun Times every day in part for him.

29Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:45 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

The fact that Dick Butt seemed to go over well enough that I have orders for beer from the PoP!ulation and people excited about what I will bring next year. I have a year to come up with something good.

30Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:52 pm

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the limo ride to the titty bar was fucking sweet!!! and of course rooming in Fort Awesome, and seeing most of favorite people from here on POP!

31Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:26 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:The fact that Dick Butt seemed to go over well enough that I have orders for beer from the PoP!ulation and people excited about what I will bring next year. I have a year to come up with something good.

Awesome!!

32Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:28 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Rath99 wrote:Can't limit it to just one. The entire weekend was a blast!
This.

SexyToaster wrote:I thought the limo ride to the titty bar was fucking sweet!!!
This too.

I was so busy helping my fellow PoP!-Stars run shit I only had time to attend one panel (Ben and I caught Itsjustsomerandomguy's panel), but I really don't care because all the work we did is going to turn out fantastic. Just you guys wait to see the epic work of 11th Hour.

Above all else, I loved meeting everyone in person and making more friends. (Looking at you, Megan!)

I'm gonna do my best to come back next year.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

33Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:37 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

SexyToaster wrote:I thought the limo ride to the titty bar was fucking sweet!!! and of course rooming in Fort Awesome, and seeing most of favorite people from here on POP!

I am also glad that the care free throwing together of personalities in the room didn't end in a high school movie style disaster.

The men of Fort Awesome didn't make it into the limo, but rolling with Ammar in the van was pretty rad in its own right.

34Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ammar for the win.

I was actually surprised how well and how quickly the strong personalities of Fort Awesome meshed together. It's like we'd been throwing Axe body spray out of windows for years.

35Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:22 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

This was a pretty awesome running theme for the weekend.

36Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Meeting Tito & Jenn! yes

I I love you Chris wub

Joshua wrote:Ammar for the win.

I was actually surprised how well and how quickly the strong personalities of Fort Awesome meshed together. It's like we'd been throwing Axe body spray out of windows for years.

Ammar rocked.

I think everyone meshed together very well. It seemed like we all knew each other for a while.

37Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:42 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:Meeting Tito & Jenn! yes

I I love you Chris wub

blush

38Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 am

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

Besides meeting all the awesome people (finally), getting a Mike Champion Riddler picture, and weirding Keoruac out for awhile by talking to him like I knew him without introducing myself first, I'd have to go with leaving Jose at the strip club. I don't think I'll ever forget the conversation in the room when he got back.

39Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:21 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some more highlights for myself include:

Getting my sketch from Mark Texeria. As a kid just getting into comics, Ghost Rider was my favorite and he's the best.

Mike stealing Amanda's sketchbook and putting a sketch in it that robbed it of it's innocence.

Eating White Castles for the first time in a year

Chicago Deep dish pizza and hotdogs

Getting cute sketches from Katie Cook

Getting sketches from Art Baltzar and Franco and the doughnuts they had.

40Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:01 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

- Interviewing Jeph Loeb, and not blowing it.
- Getting interviewed by Jeph Loeb.
- And, despite the shit I got for it, spending the better part of a day hanging out with Mark Brooks - one of my favorite artists of all time - and getting a gorgeous "sketch" from him.

As for PoP!ulation related events? Fuck... everything. From Capri Sun Back to the Future to giving birth to Jim Lee. It was all an absolute thrill.

41Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:06 am

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

Magic Everywhere In This Bitch!!! Fucking Message Boards, How Do They Work?

42Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:36 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

goatt wrote:Magic Everywhere In This Bitch!!! Fucking Message Boards, How Do They Work?
Miracles

43Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:55 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My kisses:

-from Eli on my chrome dome
-from my friend Amanda (engaged to artist "E.Bass") & Nicole on my cheek

blush

44Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:40 am

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

goatt wrote:Besides meeting all the awesome people (finally), getting a Mike Champion Riddler picture, and weirding Keoruac out for awhile by talking to him like I knew him without introducing myself first, I'd have to go with leaving Jose at the strip club. I don't think I'll ever forget the conversation in the room when he got back.

he had to run 10 blocks in tha pouring rain wit ariel on his back while being chased by a dog to get back

45Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:14 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

12 blocks, and it was a pack of wolves. Wink

46Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

TENIME_art wrote:12 blocks, and it was a pack of wolves. Wink

He was lucky that he didn't get jumped by some anime kids.

47Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:59 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Or some muggers with swords in boxes.

48Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:53 pm

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:He was lucky that he didn't get jumped by some anime kids.

Gojiratoho wrote:Or some muggers with swords in boxes.

It's the same thing, really.

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

49Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

He DID have to run straight through a turf war between two rival gangs whose names I forget but about which Juan knows far too much.

50Best Con moment from C2E2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Con moment from C2E2 Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:22 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Let's not forget the rain was freezing. Sleet, practically.

Wait, isn't sleet "freezing rain"? huh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum