Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nintendo 3DS

+3
shiky800
prescribeddrone
ChrisToPhenom
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nintendo 3DS Empty Nintendo 3DS Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:45 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS

News-

The Nintendo 3DS (tentative name) is an upcoming handheld game console by Nintendo, which can produce "3D effects without the need for any special glasses." Scheduled for release in the fiscal year ending March 2011, the handheld will succeed the Nintendo DS series of handhelds, which primarily shares the handheld console market with Sony's PSP. The Nintendo 3DS will feature backward compatibility with Nintendo DS series software, including Nintendo DSi software.

Announcing the handheld on March 23, 2010, Nintendo plans to announce additional details on June 15 at the 2010 Electronic Entertainment Expo, where they'll also be inviting people to play with the handheld. According to industry analysts, the timing of Nintendo's announcement, which has drawn attention away from the launch of the company's still-new Nintendo DSi XL handheld, was likely intended to preempt impending news leaks about the product by the Japanese press.

According to the Japanese industry news website Nikkei.com, Nintendo plans to include "a 3-D joystick and a force feedback system" in the Nintendo 3DS, for which the company acquired related patents at the end of 2009. The website states that Nintendo is also considering incorporating an accelerometer for features such as tilt control, and that the Nintendo 3DS will feature "significant improvements" in wireless communication and battery life while providing compatibility with Nintendo DS series software.

Nikkei.com reports that the screens for the Nintendo 3DS "will likely be no larger than 4 inches". The 3D effects for the Nintendo 3DS are currently speculated to be based on autostereoscopic imagery generated by liquid crystal displays with parallax barrier technology. According to Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun, the Nintendo 3DS will likely consist of autostereoscopic 3D LCD panels by Sharp Corporation. An announcement by Sharp of a new 3.4-inch autostereoscopic touchscreen on April 2 (shortly after the announcement of the Nintendo 3DS) has led to speculation that it will be the same screen used in the Nintendo 3DS.

It had also been speculated that Nintendo 3DS would use displays by Hitachi, based on the fact that the company furnishes LCD screens for the Nintendo DSi, and already produces a mobile phone in Japan featuring a 3.1-inch autostereoscopic display. According to consumer technology blog Engadget, both Hitachi and Sharp are to build the displays for the Nintendo 3DS.

Could this be what the 3DS games will look like? - CTP Shocked

2Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:52 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It look pretty cool but I dislike this 3D fad, damnit. I think they're going to put too much focus and waste date space on getting it "3D" instead of spending that effort on something better for the game.

3Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:01 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:It look pretty cool but I dislike this 3D fad, damnit. I think they're going to put too much focus and waste date space on getting it "3D" instead of spending that effort on something better for the game.

James Cameron-look at what you started! I would still buy it because Nintendo can make some things that may seem odd but gold later on. I just hope to still be able to hold the system regularly as I play it while it may have its other gimmicks.

4Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:09 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

one thing that i love about nintendo is that they try new ideas for games. just look how the Wii has changed gaming in some respect. and to me the graphics don't have to be amazing if the gaming is good. just look how the DS distroyed the PSP in sales

5Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh god, that looks like a really good way to get a headache. I'd still play through the pain, though.

http://likeitderby.com

6Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Virtual Boy all over again. Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

7Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:39 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Painway wrote:Oh god, that looks like a really good way to get a headache. I'd still play through the pain, though.

I said the same thing playing Metroid Prime: Hunters!

Paroxysm wrote:Virtual Boy all over again. Laughing

My god, I hope it doesn't go that route.

8Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:29 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It will cost like 500$ with the 3d effect.. Im not excited about this

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

9Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:50 am

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:It will cost like 500$ with the 3d effect.. Im not excited about this

Would you rather pay $500 for a cool handheld portable 3D gaming system with a variety of cool-ass games... or a hipster douche non-multitasking, Flash-retarded iPad? Glad I saved my pennies. Smile

10Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:00 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Painway wrote:
Spazzy wrote:It will cost like 500$ with the 3d effect.. Im not excited about this

Would you rather pay $500 for a cool handheld portable 3D gaming system with a variety of cool-ass games... or a hipster douche non-multitasking, Flash-retarded iPad? Glad I saved my pennies. Smile

i never wanted an iPad. :p

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

11Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:48 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spazzy wrote:
Captain Painway wrote:

i never wanted an iPad. :p

I would hope not. I didn't mean to imply that you did. Smile

I will admit that it was intriguing until I discovered its (many) limitations. The 3DS, however, I really want now!!!! yes

12Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:54 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Holy sh-t...is this honestly the real deal?

13Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: Nintendo 3DS Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:46 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It will not cost near that much. The production costs for the screen may go up slightly if they keep the touchscreen, but this is actually going to be a great opportunity to test the glasses free 3d technology. I know you can get TV's like that now for about $10,000, even though they don't cost that much more to make than an LCD or a plasma.

Basically the technology is ideal for a hand held. Because on the TV's it only works in a 10 degree or so span outward from the TV. So with a hand held you will always be center view.

All that they are using to get this effect is something that has been around for ever and you probably use more often than you think if you get those special Slurpee cups from 7-11. That motion plastic is basically made on a much smaller scale and incorperated into the screen to give a smoother 3D effect than you do on the cups.

People with monocular or supressive vision will still be unable to use such a divice, an uncorrected astigmatism will also effect ability to view the screen. So I assume I will see a lot more people coming in with headaches for eye exams, but I don't see this costing more than $200.00 + and eye exam and some corrective lenses at the most. So don't be scared.

The real cost may come from the games, they will probably be about $10 more than new DS/DSi titles are now, and that can be justified by the investment of developers into new coding for the system.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum