Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 26]

626Blackest Night - Page 26 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri May 21, 2010 9:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:I just put this here to wave it under the nose of all the "How could the Justice League NOT be involved" people. =D

Rebutted. Again.

627Blackest Night - Page 26 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri May 21, 2010 9:52 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:I just put this here to wave it under the nose of all the "How could the Justice League NOT be involved" people. =D

"WHAT IS THIS. WHAT AM I HEARING. OMG WHAT THE HELL". Laughing

But seriously, in the face of all that there is, the forcefield is weak story-telling.

Skip down to part 3 since that gets to the heart of the matter. Part 2 is just my dazzling wit at work. You can read the whole thing to get the full effect if you want. Also, bold print makes me feel like I'm talking loudly so this rocks. Laughing

Part 2
"How do we keep people out?" "Forcefield!" "Yes!" shake my head

Let's ignore the power levels of the various people involved and ignore the ingenuity of the various people involved.

Let's make everyone involved stupider and weaker than how they normally are. Thor -"Imma hit this harder because that is what hammers do. I forgot I can do other things and have godly perception and stuff". WAT.

Let's ignore the obvious logical fallacy that Bastion can create a portal into the place but Thor-level magic which can put Galactus on his ass, send Surtur packing, and transverse light-years without effort cannot nor can it break through the forcefield.

Let's ignore the fact that they have Dr. Strange (endless feats to his credit, forcefields are his bitch), Dr. Voodoo (all dat magic), and even Asgardian Wiccan (aka "I punked Sentry and made him look like a chump") on speedial.

Let's ignore the fact that despite Bastion's ability to do this, he can't can't kill one mutant girl.

Part 3
The forcefield is bollocks and cheap because it creates the same situation that you were complaining about before: The superheroes not working at the best of their abilities and decreased "screentime". In the end, you'll get the same thing regardless but at least, without a forcefield, you won't have to go out of your way to explain a fantasy forcefield made of plot armour something. The forcefield is like that thing that insults your intelligence that you could have done without. It works only when you have low level characters in play, and Thor is not one.

In Blackest Night, I make the same argument and point out that out of all the superheroes involved, it seems unlikely that no one could break it. Take also into account that a cosmic barfight was not the intention but an exploration of the emotional aspect of things, the total stage was wider and more encompassing than X-men, and one sees that a forcefield would not have worked and would have just led to a number of comic book fan boys (me included) getting newly made and working red lantern rings. In short, it does not compare and would not work.

In short, I don't think the forcefields would have worked for either situation. It would have worked less in Blackest Night than in X-men.

That said, I'm eagerly waiting for them to throw a helicarrier or two at it. I heard that fixes everything. shake my head

Conclusion
Flyclops rocks. JET PACKS ARE THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD AND SLICED BREAD IS SAUCE OF THE AWESOMEST VARIETY. WHY YOU HATING? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

628Blackest Night - Page 26 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri May 21, 2010 11:28 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

"Flyclops"!!! LOVE IT!!!

Meh. Agreeing to disagree is what we'll have to do here.

As I DID point out in my latest comment on the main site, this just happened this issue, so the Avengers getting around it is still possible, wherever that would lead...

On the matter of Thor... this is the problem with a god interacting with humans. The power levels you're describing mean that nothing short of another god should EVER best him, since he can ALWAYS outpower, out think, or out whatever a mortal enemy.

The idea here is that Bastion, made of technology from the future, can make something that is smarter than Tony Stark and more powerful than a god. The idea is to make him THAT SCARY. The flipside to this is that you're starting to create a Sentry. As you said, he can make this forcefield, but can't kill Hope... I suspect ultimately, the crux of this will be that on some level, he didn't WANT to kill Hope. As he said in this issue, what does he do once all the mutants are dead? Is some part of him holding back, so that his "life" continues to have "meaning?" It's not an easy plot point to tell well, so I'm kind of hoping that's NOT where they go. I'm forced to remember Magus or Onslaught having the power to make and unmake reality, but not wanting to rush things, and then getting their asses whupped. I don't want that.

629Blackest Night - Page 26 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Remastered covers to Blackest Night hardcovers:
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/06/16/unveiling-the-covers-to-the-blackest-night-hardcovers/

Blackest Night - Page 26 1_bln_hc_dj_r1 Blackest Night - Page 26 2_blngl_hc_dj

Blackest Night - Page 26 3_blnglc_hc_dj_r2 Blackest Night - Page 26 4_blnblc_hcv1_dj

Blackest Night - Page 26 5_blnblc_hcv2_dj Blackest Night - Page 26 6_blnrbl_hc_dj_r1

Blackest Night - Page 26 7_blntotc_hc_dj

630Blackest Night - Page 26 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:08 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Those are pretty Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum