Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Signatures and crazy long posts

+13
Lord PaulVincent
Bigtymin504
comicgeekelly
Foxy
Paroxysm
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Joshua
Silent K
Denim
Chi-Town Spidey
krpykrwly
Mnemosis
elijahdprophet
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Fri May 07, 2010 6:16 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
elijahdprophet wrote:If the consensus is that things will be handled on a case by case basis then fine, but having some consistency and limits in place seems like a better solution to me.

There already are limits on avatars and sigs. You're simply asking for more limits, which seems pointless.

By default there are limits to how much text can appear in a sig, obviously there are not limists on the size of linked images, or this would not even be a discussion.

Other options include a once per page signature mod installed, or the above suggestion of letting users turn off sigs.

Meh. I still think this is much ado about nothing. But yeah, I like the ignore option considerably, not so much for me, but it seems like it would make life easier.

27Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Fri May 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like looking at signatures, but I do know that when trying to veiw the forums on my phone, they make load times next to impossible. I would never want to turn them off, but again I go with the common sense rule. People can tell when they are too big when they preview what they are going to look like.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

28Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Fri May 07, 2010 6:35 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:There should be an option to view or not view everyone's sig. 90% of sigs I see are too big.

THIS!

My computer is on life support at the moment and some sigs make it freak the fuck out, which slows everything down.

29Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Fri May 07, 2010 7:24 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know if we have the power to turn off sigs. Tomer?

30Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Fri May 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:There should be an option to view or not view everyone's sig. 90% of sigs I see are too big.
Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Applause

31Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Fri May 07, 2010 8:24 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Funny-pictures-mom-lion-yells-at-of

32Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Fri May 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

^Ha!

33Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Sat May 08, 2010 12:13 am

Lord PaulVincent

Lord PaulVincent
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

If sigs are turned off, how could I spam people with the banner for my stupid toy store?!!!

http://www.therobotspajamas.com

34Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Sat May 08, 2010 2:22 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Silent K wrote:I don't know if we have the power to turn off sigs. Tomer?
Yes, we do, but after all the trouble we had helping people activate them back when we started? No, we need another solution so here's more things I have to fix now...

Eli, thanks for the codes (and suggestions). The white space one didn't bring the expected results, but I'm keeping looking out for another solution. I don't want to force sig size (I mean, technically as opposed to people agreeing to participate) for now, so we'll see what we're going to do about that.

If anyone really wants to turn off sigs, you can block it personally on your profile. If you want to ignore anyone, make the your foe (also in the profile) but I believe the other person has to approve it. Anyway, it's your own choice.

As for calling each other names -- the Jasons ("The K's"? "The JKs") already said what needed to be said.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

35Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Sat May 08, 2010 11:26 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

The K's makes us sound like a couple. I LIKE it!

36Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Sat May 08, 2010 12:31 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

On of these days, I'm just gonna have to let you put your mouth on my weenis.

37Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Sat May 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

K&K is the new B&B (Barksdale and Bell).

38Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Sat May 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
If anyone really wants to turn off sigs, you can block it personally on your profile.
Could you point us to where this option is available? I've looked in the past and can't seem to locate it.

As for adding people as foes, I don't think they need to approve it.

39Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Sat May 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Hmm... Maybe I've mistaken it with something else, but I'm certain there was this kind of option in the past. Added to the list of stuff to do...

I see you have already experienced Forumotion's Friends/Foes system...

40Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Sun May 09, 2010 12:06 am

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The only reason it'd be nice to be able to turn them off is for my gimpy computer at work and the rare occasion that I get to surf while there.

So of them can be long but I think instead of imposing an actual limit maybe jut a nicely worded letter from the editors could be sent to the offenders politely asking them to reduce the size of their images. Very Happy

I'm all for handling things like adults.Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

41Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Wed May 12, 2010 4:39 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:

And I'm all for handling adults...

http://www.demonweasel.com

42Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Wed May 12, 2010 9:15 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:

Screw that.

If there's a problem with someone's signature, they should get a belt whuppin' and have to stand in the corner.

Spare the rod, spoil the (man)child.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

43Signatures and crazy long posts - Page 2 Empty Re: Signatures and crazy long posts Wed May 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wholeheartedly agree that there needs to be some policing of signatures. Not content but shear size of the images in the sig. For example, my work computer screen is set to 1680x1050 pixels and there is one poster (I'll not name names, I'm sure they know who they are) who's signature takes up my entire screen....at 1680x1050. The content is not the issue, it is the dimensions of the graphics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum