Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League Generation Lost

+9
GigaToast
jaydee74
LordD3r3k
shining knight
LOOSECANNON
prescribeddrone
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Aussiemandias
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Justice League Generation Lost Empty Justice League Generation Lost Tue May 11, 2010 4:31 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was thinking seeing it comes out every 2 weeks it probably deserves it's own topic. I'm actually looking forward to this series as this features the Justice League that was around when I first started collecting comics.

2Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue May 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Even though I'm a big Judd Winick fan, I wasn't going to get this. I'm buying way too much stuff as it is, and I didn't want to add more. But I changed my mind. I'm going to at least get the first two issues. I love Winick and I love Booster Gold. Also, I want to see what's up with Max Lord.

3Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Tue May 11, 2010 7:18 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Booster and Captain Atom were my reasons. Never had the privelage of reading the original stuff, or even the mini and story-arc in JLA Classified.

Looks to be fun. And, it has so much going for it, with so much that was that is going on now. Death of Ted, Maxwell Lord, J'onn, Tasmanian Devil, Rocket Red 7 and 4 (so Rocket Reds'll show up), Big Barda and Mister Miracle (DotNG), and Batman's missing. Return of Aquaman. Captain Atom played a big part with the past events, as does Booster right now with time travel and such. Fire and Ice, not knowing much about them, will be a bonus, seeing as how they've been left in the outskirts of continuity for quite a while now. Oh, and Red Tornado is all damaged, again. Obsidian and Dr. Light have been noticed again by writers and'll show up, probably. Power Girl is relatively big right now, so she'll swing by. Even Fate is going through his mess of gaining power, so I think magic will play into this.

Just so much to tap into.

4Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu May 13, 2010 9:08 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really REALLY liked issue #1. One of the reasons I was hesitant to buy this was the cover art. I hadn't bothered to check if the cover artist was going to do the interiors, and when I found out he (if it is a he) wasn't I was thrilled. I hated the cover art. Anyway, the actual book was pretty good. I'm quite interested to see where it goes.

Despite the fact that I don't know much about the team other than Booster, I like it. Lately I've been getting into reading teams that only have one or two characters I like, and the rest are characters I'm unfamiliar with. It's a nice way to get into different characters.

5Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat May 15, 2010 6:42 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wasn't going to get this, but I flipped through it and liked it. I read it and it was good stuff, I guess I'll get the next issue, at least it's only 3 bucks.

6Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat May 15, 2010 9:06 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Definitely keep me informed...I might jump on this or trade-wait if its solid. So far the reviews are okay.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

7Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu May 20, 2010 6:29 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I really REALLY liked issue #1. One of the reasons I was hesitant to buy this was the cover art. I hadn't bothered to check if the cover artist was going to do the interiors, and when I found out he (if it is a he) wasn't I was thrilled. I hated the cover art. Anyway, the actual book was pretty good. I'm quite interested to see where it goes.

Despite the fact that I don't know much about the team other than Booster, I like it. Lately I've been getting into reading teams that only have one or two characters I like, and the rest are characters I'm unfamiliar with. It's a nice way to get into different characters.

Oh boy, I was so happy reading this!!! Because this is the Justice League team that was huge when I was first reading comics this just resonates so well with me. I think anyone who was a fan back in the 80s will love this just for nostalgia reasons. However that's not all.

This is a great premise in my opinion. Maxwell Lord amps his power up with some help and has wiped the memory of his existence from the entire world (there's kind of a huge flaw in this in that his power couldn't possibly affect technology and I'm kind of hoping this doesn't get glossed over). The only people who remember are Booster Gold, Captain Atom, Fire and Ice who happened to be at ground zero when the midwipe occurred responding to a call for help from Booster (I suspect the reason they can remember is probably because they were at the centrepoint of it all). All original members of the 80s JLI.

Max has obviously got some sort of diabolical plan in store but we don't know what that is at this stage. He did have an opportunity to kill Booster and didn't which was a relief and I think due to his overconfidence that Booster wouldn't remember him.

I thought this was great. They captured the character of the JLI'ers well but this is obviously not going to be the humour book the original one was which is just fine with me (probably some people may have been concerned about this). Lopresti's art was also good and suited the book.

I'd encourage people to get on board with this as it looks like it's going to be fun. Just like Brightest Day I think this has got the feel of all that was good with 52.

Last edited by Aussiemandias on Fri May 21, 2010 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total

8Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu May 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Completely agree. This book was great.

I mentioned the little hole of the technology in the main Brightest Day thread. There have to be extensive files and proof of his existence out there. I too hope they deal with that.

9Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu May 27, 2010 1:41 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #2

I greatly enjoyed this. I'm really liking the team, and their dynamic.

I'm thrilled that they have explained the information/footage of Max still existing.

I loved Booster getting so mad that people think that Ted Kord killed himself.

10Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri May 28, 2010 7:10 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well its better than killing time aka brightest day

11Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon May 31, 2010 5:57 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Justice League: Generation Lost #2

I greatly enjoyed this. I'm really liking the team, and their dynamic.

I'm thrilled that they have explained the information/footage of Max still existing.

I loved Booster getting so mad that people think that Ted Kord killed himself.

Yeah, I also liked that they had an explanation for the technology. It seemed like something so obvious that they wouldn't overlook it and the way Max has pulled it off makes sense (and also I didn't think of that approach).

I love the whole premise of this book - it's actually a storyline that you could justifiably run for quite some time which is obviously what is going to happen. I liked Booster's outrage about Ted - Max murdered his best friend and to hear that everyone thinks Ted killed himself - that's tough.

I think these guys have their work cut out for them and I'm not sure why anyone is going to help them. The only thing in their favour is that there are four of them that believe the same thing. Surely someone's going to think that means something although as pointed out in this issue it seems that when overly confronted by the facts people start to get agitated and impatient. Almost like part of what Max has implanted is that they won't listen when presented with the truth.

All in all I think this is a great idea and after the first 2 issues they're handling it well so far.

12Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon May 31, 2010 6:49 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought it was pretty cool how Max is such a bastard that not only did he make everyone else forget, but made them remember those events in such a way that it's like a middle finger to the heroes (i.e. Ted Kord committing suicide)

13Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon May 31, 2010 8:57 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Agreed.

So far this is great.

14Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon May 31, 2010 10:13 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read the first two issues and I'm glad I chose to grab this. I'm wondering, with Rip disappearing in his mini for awhile, that Booster'll have the place to himself for the time being. The title took such a turn. I'm wondering where they'll go next with Blue Beetle (Jaime) and the OMACs. As well as what other things Max has changed. The last Magog issue, also written by Giffen, had Lance very reluctant to be with the armed forces, yet there he was defending the general against Atom. don't know

Can't wait for Rocket Red stuff, J'onn, New Gods, Batman...so much to play with. This had me more excited than Brightest Day, and it is fulfilling that excitment.

15Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #3

Loved it.

I LOVE this team. I need to read some more JLI stuff. I have the first trade, but I've only read about two of the issues contained in it.

I also have to say that the more I see of Blue Beetle (Jaime) the more I like him.

16Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:25 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed it too, but I think I liked the previous issues alittle more. There was nothing wrong here, but I wish there was more progression with the story. I get that Max is screwing with the few people that remember him, but we've seen it twice, third time is not necessarily a charm.

17Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:30 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^True, but I think they had to get it out of the way. They had to show that Fire was really screwed over so that way she could join the rest of the group. If she hadn't gone back to Checkmate to see what was going on then it would have felt wrong.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total

18Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:50 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess. Like I said, there was nothing really wrong here, I just want to see the story get moving Wink

19Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:02 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I get where you're coming from. I think that the story will really pick up the pace next issue.

20Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:43 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm digging this a lot so far. When Max "appears" in a suit, even though he looks normal- he looks creepy as hell with that 80's commercial smile.

21Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I enjoyed it too, but I think I liked the previous issues alittle more. There was nothing wrong here, but I wish there was more progression with the story. I get that Max is screwing with the few people that remember him, but we've seen it twice, third time is not necessarily a charm.

Batman25JM wrote:^True, but I think they had to get it out of the way. They had to show that Fire was really screwed over so that way she could join the rest of the group. If she hadn't gone back to Checkmate to see what was going on then it would have felt wrong.
I tend to lean towards what Bats is saying here. I think it was important to show that Fire was challenging the reality of what was going on (in fact it was important I feel that all of them did that) and has had it pretty emphatically shown to her that she's going to have to work with Booster and the others (if she can find them!!!).

I continue to enjoy the concept of this book and I still feel it should be a fun ride.

One interesting thing - Max has now pushed both Fire and Captain Atom individually. I'm sure he would have had the opportunity if that was the case to wipe both of their memories of him but he didn't which now indicates to me that he may be toying with them. That's just cruel! Which probably sums Max up these days.

Another intersting thing - if artificial intelligences have been immune to Max's push (which appears to be the case and makes sense) then does that mean Red Tornado, for example, may remember Max?

22Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:45 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Another intersting thing - if artificial intelligences have been immune to Max's push (which appears to be the case and makes sense) then does that mean Red Tornado, for example, may remember Max?

Interesting question. Though Red Tornado has a human soul trapped in an android body, so maybe there's a loophole there?

23Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:56 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Justice League: Generation Lost #4

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this book.

I'm loving the team so much.

I love that it wasn't just a coincidence that the team go together. It's great that Max manipulated them to get them together.

24Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:27 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Justice League: Generation Lost #4

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this book.

I'm loving the team so much.

I love that it wasn't just a coincidence that the team go together. It's great that Max manipulated them to get them together.

And I have to admit I didn't actually see that coming. I thought it was coincidence and hadn't considered that Max is getting them together for a reason.

And how about what's happening with some of the people Max is pushing? Turning into Black Lanterns it's a little similar to what's been happening with Aquaman in Brightest Day when he's using his powers. It's like these guys are still very closely connected to death.

I didn't think it was possible but that new Rocket Red speaks English worst than the original!

Winick and Giffen are really capturing the history and connection between these characters so well. You can really feel it and that's what I'm enjoying the most out of this book. I'm with Bats - I love it. Quite frankly, they might not be first stringers, but I like these guys more than the real JLA.

25Justice League Generation Lost Empty Re: Justice League Generation Lost Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I completely forgot to mention what's going on with Max. It's very intriguing. I can't wait to see what happens next.

And I too didn't see the reveal of Max being the one to get the team together. I too truly thought it was a coincidence.

You know, right now I'm liking these guys more than the real JLA as well. If this keeps up I think that will become a permanent thing.

I also forgot to mention that I noticed something this issue. Winick really likes the phrase "brain donors". Booster said it here, and in Winick's Under the Hood Batman arc Black Mask said it quite a few times. I doesn't bother me or anything (Winick is one of my favorite writers), I just noticed it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum