Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Captain Underpants

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Captain Underpants Empty Captain Underpants Thu May 13, 2010 11:49 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn, it's unbelievable to know that I've let years pass forgetting the Captain Underpants rage in 1997. I was 7 years-old in the that year (please save yourself the depression by not doing the math) and I actually used to make comics myself, copy and selling them.

Captain Underpants 200px-CaptainunderpantscoverCaptain Underpants 200px-Captain_Underpants_Talking_Toilets

Captain Underpants 200px-Captain_Underpants_Lunch_LadiesCaptain Underpants Poopypants_Captain_Underpants

Captain Underpants 200px-Wicked_Wedgie_WomanCaptain Underpants 200px-Nasty_Nostril_Nuggets

Captain Underpants 200px-Robo_BoogerCaptain Underpants 200px-Purplepottypeople

2Captain Underpants Empty Re: Captain Underpants Thu May 13, 2010 1:35 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dammit. Every time I start feeling young and sexy, Chris comes along with a post to remind me that I'm just an old fart compared to a large swath of you lot. Laughing

And...I didn't have to do the math. If you were born in 1990, that means that I was 22 when you were born. neutral

So...I never read the Captain Underpants books. They were far after my time. I did, however, read the entirety of the My Father's Dragon series at that age:

Captain Underpants Mfd

Captain Underpants End

Captain Underpants Dragonsofblueland

3Captain Underpants Empty Re: Captain Underpants Thu May 13, 2010 1:42 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fine! From no on, I'll just post the year and that I was a kid back then! Wink

My Father's Dragon looks interesting...is it like Dragon Tales or something?

4Captain Underpants Empty Re: Captain Underpants Thu May 13, 2010 2:00 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:My Father's Dragon looks interesting...is it like Dragon Tales or something?

You know, I haven't read it in probably twenty years, but kind of. It sort of is the elementary school version of books like Harry Potter and Percy Jackson.

The main character is named Elmer, which is the name of the author's father, hence the title. Elmer goes to a faraway island to rescue a baby dragon with which he becomes great friends and has a ton of adventures.

For many kids, My Father's Dragon was one of the first chapter books they ever read. Even though I haven't read it in ages, I have vivid recollections of scenes from the books, like Elmer building a bridge out of crocodiles, or the dance the dragons of Blueland did.

I totally recommend it to teachers, parents, and kids-at-heart. Smile

5Captain Underpants Empty Re: Captain Underpants Thu May 13, 2010 2:12 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Other good kid's books (mainly for boys, but everyone can enjoy these):

Mr. Popper's Penguins
by Florence Atwater
Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty McDonald
Homer Price by Robert McCloskey
Henry Huggins by Beverly Cleary
Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective by Donald J. Sobol
The Fudge Series by Judy Blume (Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great, Superfudge, Fudge-o-mania, and Double Fudge)

All of these were books I enjoyed in elementary school and try to pick up for my nieces and nephews when I can find them. Smile

6Captain Underpants Empty Re: Captain Underpants Thu May 13, 2010 7:42 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Underpants was awesome. Those were my fovorite books when I was younger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum