Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Osborn's Dark x Men

+6
Metal Misfit
superdoug
Lee
Administrator
riv1
gangsternerd
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Osborn's Dark x Men Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:41 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

Bad ass
be afraid[url=Osborn's Dark x Men 39_DARK_X_MEN__THE_BEGINNIN]Osborn's Dark x Men 39_DARK_X_MEN__THE_BEGINNIN[/url]

2Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:23 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

O.M.G.

Marvel just wants ALL the money in the coffers doesn't it?

3Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:26 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

This is even worse than the UXM cover. But hey, Cloak is portrayed black here, so... it's a good thing?

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

4Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:59 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's not the art i object to it's the concept!

5Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:20 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I think this COULD be really great, but I'm a sucker for Namor, so I'm biased.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

6Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:29 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think that we're about to see a gang-raping of some of the most beloved and underused characters of the Marvel Universe. (And by that, I mean Cloak and Dagger.)

7Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

So "Dark" is Marvel's new "New"? shake my head

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

8Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:37 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There are SO many books i'd shitcan if i could from Marvel...

9Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:52 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Metal Misfit wrote:So "Dark" is Marvel's new "New"? shake my head
"Rampaging" is next, I'm telling you.

10Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:19 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This isn't going to last past this year, I wouldn't be too fearful of it. This is another reason I have waited to do the X-men rosters on my Xpert thread. There will actually be somewhat definitive teams soon..

11Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:51 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

It's certainly an interesting line up of characters on the team, I talked with HXS about it a bit this morning as well.

Namor is Namor, I'm kind of wondering how Osborne will get him involved since he could normally give two shits about the surface world unless it involves Sue Storm. I'm guessing it'll somehow involve Emma Frost since they've hinted that they have some sort of past recently. Guess he's got a thing for scantily clad blondes, who can blame the guy though.

Emma Frost, you have to wonder which side she's on as always, she's been with the X-Men so long at this point you wonder if she's just under cover to help them, or if she's finally crossed them for real.

Daken/Dark Wolverine, HXS brought up that he'll be in three books when this hits, guess he's trying to live up to his daddy's legacy.

Cloak and Dagger, who knows why they wind up on the team, guess it's possible that they agree with Osborne, Cloak's power kind of leads him to be morally ambiguous, and Dagger might be along to keep an eye on him like usual, HXS brought up that it might not even be them, there have been fakes of them in the past, so who knows for sure?

Mimic, depending on the writer he's either nutty as a fruit cake or buddies with the X-Men, guessing he's in one of his less stable moments right now, I've always thought he makes a better villian than a friend, given that he can absorb and use any mutant power within a mile or so he's definitely a heavy hitter for Osborne.

Weapon Omega, I'm assuming that's who that is over on the left hand side of the cover anyway, was a "Good Guy" last time he appeared, but given the fact that in the past he's been monster of a villian and he's currently addicted to absorbing mutant energies it's not too long of a stretch to see him teaming up with Osborne if they play up that part of his character.

Given the fact that most of these guys have been able to take on all of the X-Men or some sort of equivilent super team at once with some measure of success in the past I think this might turn out to be one of the funner "Dark" series, similar to the World War Hulk X Men which was, in my mind, funner than the main series of that Event.

12Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:14 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

Dark Fantastic Four starts in July. yes

13Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Hmm, Dark Fantastic Four huh?

I'm calling the line up right now, Anaconda (Ms. Fantastic), Ghost (who for some reason doesn't mind being called the Invisible Woman), Living Laser (the Human Torch), and Daken cause he's in everything now.

14Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Ghost is in T-Bolts.

Most likely Doom will be involved.

I don't see Daken in that team.

15Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Osborne could always recruit Flatman from the GLI, cause he's not doing much right now, he can stretch too.

Osborne owes Ghost one right now for his Iron Patriot gear, so handing over a pair of Sue's spandex probably wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Living Laser is an obvious choice, plus he can project holograms and make him self look all flaming.

Daken because I believe that I read an interview with Joe Q saying that it was his goal to over expose and pimp out him as much as they've done with his father in the past, hence him being in every "Dark" book to get published, it certianly makes sense to me, gotta milk those cash cows while they last.

16Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:00 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

neutral

I was just joking.

17Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:07 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Fresh03 wrote:Osborne could always recruit Flatman from the GLI, cause he's not doing much right now, he can stretch too.

Osborne owes Ghost one right now for his Iron Patriot gear, so handing over a pair of Sue's spandex probably wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Living Laser is an obvious choice, plus he can project holograms and make him self look all flaming.

Daken because I believe that I read an interview with Joe Q saying that it was his goal to over expose and pimp out him as much as they've done with his father in the past, hence him being in every "Dark" book to get published, it certianly makes sense to me, gotta milk those cash cows while they last.
Aside from Osborn now running what's left of the Initiative and therefore "owns" everyone signed, I don't see any reason for Flatman to join his cause. Forcing him as the new boss, however, could be it. But I still doubt he'll be in the FF.

Ghost is a cross-dresser...? I don't see any reason for a character with the ability to infiltrate everywhere unnoticed to suddenly pretend be someone else (especially a blond woman) just for the sake of it. He now serves Osborn more appropriately in the black-ops team Thunderbolts.

Unless he's one of the Raft's escapees (whatever happened to that plot, anyway?) I'm sure Living Laser is still imprisoned. Either way Osborn can't contact him, but as a prisoner it'll be easier to find him and offer a deal. I don't know much about the character, but I think he's hard to control. On the other hand, Osborn already works with Venom and Bullseye so how hard can that be?

I never heard this before, but if Quesada really said that, I lost all hope.

18Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:06 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:neutral

I was just joking.
Oh thank God!

19Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:23 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pretty sure living laser escaped. The Dark Fantastic Four will be solid I'm sure.

20Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:18 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:neutral

I was just joking.

I know, I was just having some fun with Spidey, hence the tone of my replies, I was actually going to try and pull a Greg land and see if I could photo shop up a mock image of Flat Man, Ghost, Living Laser and Daken together.

21Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:57 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOL, sorry I went along with fresh on this too. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they try something.

22Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:02 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It just boggles me that it's come to a point where it COULD be true!

23Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Dark Young Avengers got announced recently so how far behind can the Dark Fantastic Four be, lol?

24Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Fri May 08, 2009 12:50 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dark Howard the Duck...you know you want it! yes

25Osborn's Dark x Men Empty Re: Osborn's Dark x Men Fri May 08, 2009 11:17 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

How can anyone think Dark Fantastic Four would be a stretch. Hell-O! Frightful Four?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum