Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hobbit

+17
(._Y_.)
Tomer Soiker
kreepfan
Foreigner_Man
Gojiratoho
TENIME_art
jaydee74
Spazzy
comicgeekelly
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Bigtymin504
Off_White_Lantern
ChrisToPhenom
Paroxysm
joegavilan
BlueMaxx
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:08 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ron Pearlman as Beorn.

27The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:23 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Keith David would be pretty sweet for Smaug. But a British accent seems like a must. Hrm.

28The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:39 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hollywood's got some great vocal coaches that can teach those, y'know... Wink

29The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:34 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Yeah, but it seems to me they'd go through less trouble to find a British actor. They're cheaper, too, according to Hollywood. don't know Damn dime-a-dozen, good acting Brits. shake my head Heh.

30The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:06 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/10/21/new-line-announces-hobbit-cast-confirms-martin-freeman-as-bilbo/

New Line Cinema has announced part of the cast of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit, confirming Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins in the two-movie adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s famed fantasy novel.

“Despite the various rumors and speculation surrounding this role, there has only ever been one Bilbo Baggins for us,” Jackson said in the press release. “There are a few times in your career when you come across an actor who you know was born to play a role, but that was the case as soon as I met Martin. He is intelligent, funny, surprising and brave — exactly like Bilbo, and I feel incredibly proud to be able to announce that he is our Hobbit.”

Freeman (The Office, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy) will be joined by a company of dwarves composed, in part, by: Richard Armitage (MI-5, Captain America: The First Avenger) as Thorin Oakenshield, leader of the dwarves; Aiden Turner (Being Human) and Rob Kazinsky (EastEnders) as Thorin’s nephews Kili and Fili; Graham McTavish (Secretariat, 24) as Dwalin; John Callen (Power Rangers Jungle Fury) as Oin; Stephen Hunter (All Saints) as Bombur; Mark Hadlow (King Kong) as Dori; and Peter Hambleton (The Strip) as Gloin.

Enjoyed him in 'Hitchhiker's' and 'Sherlock.' As I recall someone on WUMB suggested him to originally play Bilbo? (Superdoug?)Good call!

31The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:13 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

thumbs up Very good call, Doug. That is awesome! I remember the gossip across a lot of the nerd community wanting Freeman for Bilbo. Wonder if Jackson and producers took notice.

32The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:05 pm

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

The Hobbit - Page 2 Mfbilbo2
I'm sure I made this picture during the final days of the WUMB but I can't remember if I actually posted it. I think it was Superdoug who actually suggested Freeman.

33The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Tomer Soiker

Tomer Soiker
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order

A tired (or stoned) staffer on Israel's largest news site posted the news as "Morgan Freeman has been cast as Bilbo Baggins." I was like "Huh?!" But nothing would surprise me anymore these days... Anyway, several hours later it got fixed to Martin Freeman.

http://spidey82.wordpress.com

34The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:26 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Admittedly read it as Morgan Freeman at first. Just not used to reading Martin Freeman's name as much, I guess. I have heard his name thrown around for wants of him playing Smaug. Don't agree with it, but just throwing that out there.

35The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:49 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hugo Weaving should also do the voice of Smaug.

36The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:19 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Wouldn't hate that, but nah. Need a grizzly baratone voice.

37The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

http://io9.com/5670428/peter-jackson-announces-the-hobbit-cast-including-martin-freeman-as-bilbo
As far as the non-dwarf roles (Elves and Wizards) Deadline is reporting that David Tennant (among a few other surprising names) is still in the running:

None of this is set, but I've heard that James Nesbitt and David Tennant are up for roles, and that Ian McKellen and Andy Serkis are expected to reprise Gandalf and Gollum, though I don't believe they have made deals. Stephen Fry, Saoirse Ronan and Bill Nighy (as the voice of the dragon Smaug) are possible participants, and Aiden Turner is in contention for the Elf King.

Bill Nighy as Smaug? David Tennant in it? James Nesbitt in it? I'm getting excited!

38The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:15 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, I'd be behind Nighy as Smaug.

39The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

http://www.avclub.com/articles/peter-jackson-taking-the-hobbit-away-from-new-zeal,46593/

40The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Bob Hoskins, Billy Connelly,Philip Glenister and Colm Meaney need too be some of the Dwarves in this. That would be rad.

41The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:16 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New Zealand divided over govt deal to keep Hobbit
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSSGE69R05I20101028

In all honesty, I really just wanted to post it for the article title.

Oct 28 (Reuters Life!) - The New Zealand government began making changes to labour laws on Thursday, drawing both praise and outrage as it moved quickly to seal its bargain with Warner Bros. and keep the big-budget Hobbit movies.

Fearing the loss of the estimated $500 million two-film project and damage to the reputation of New Zealand's fledgling film industry, Prime Minister John Key negotiated a deal announced late on Wednesday.

Included in the agreement was an offer of $25 million, some $15 million of that in tax breaks, and the law changes, which are being pushed through without the normal process of referral to a parliamentary committee and public submissions.

But union officials, who had given assurances that the films would not be hit by industrial action, were outraged.

"Not only are we now handing over wads of extra cash, the government is now ramming through unnecessary industrial legislation at the direction of Warners," said Trevor Mallard, a lawmaker from the Labour Party, in a statement.

"It's a move that sets a dangerous precedent."

The dispute erupted over moves by actors' unions to negotiate a minimum wage and working conditions for their members.

"PUBLIC OPINION DIVIDED

The threatened loss of the movies, which economists said could cost New Zealand $1.5 billion, drew thousands to the streets in protest earlier this week.

As part of the overall package, New Zealand is giving extra tax rebates for each "Hobbit" movie on top of the usual 15 percent, and will partly offset the costs of a joint marketing deal with Warner Bros., a Time Warner Inc (TWX.N) unit, to promote the country as a film production and tourism destination.
- Gyles Beckford

I understand their predicament, but man, it has to be shot there. It'd lose it's Middle Earthy-ness. (Selfishly nerdy statement of the day.)

42The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:25 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

43The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:16 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

It's Official: Ian McKellen to Return as Gandalf in 'The Hobbit'

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/390-its-official-ian-mckellen-to-return-as-gandalf-in-the-hobbit

44The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:35 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/17/elijah-wood-excited-for-hobbit-reunion/

"[Ian] McKellen is back, Cate Blanchett is back, Andy Serkis, and Orlando [Bloom] — it's going to be like going back in time," says Elijah Wood, who will reportedly appear at the beginning of both "Hobbit" movies, narrating from a memoir that his uncle Bilbo Baggins left behind.

"The Hobbit," which stars Martin Freeman as Bilbo, is scheduled to begin shooting in New Zealand in February.

The films are currently slated to arrive in theaters in December 2012 and 2013.

thumbs up

45The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:21 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

is it December 2012 &2013 or will the second film be some other month in 2013

46The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:28 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/17/elijah-wood-excited-for-hobbit-reunion/

"[Ian] McKellen is back, Cate Blanchett is back, Andy Serkis, and Orlando [Bloom] — it's going to be like going back in time," says Elijah Wood, who will reportedly appear at the beginning of both "Hobbit" movies, narrating from a memoir that his uncle Bilbo Baggins left behind.

"The Hobbit," which stars Martin Freeman as Bilbo, is scheduled to begin shooting in New Zealand in February.

The films are currently slated to arrive in theaters in December 2012 and 2013.

thumbs up

This is finally shaping up really nicely.

47The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:12 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:is it December 2012 &2013 or will the second film be some other month in 2013
Not sure. Probably about a year apart, like the LotR movies. Sleep

48The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Sandman wrote:is it December 2012 &2013 or will the second film be some other month in 2013
Not sure. Probably about a year apart, like the LotR movies. Sleep

yeah according to IMDB it will be a year apart.

What do you guys think about how this is shaping up? I for one am excited but hesitant about it. I think they are ADDING more to the story, there are characters in this that never appeared in the book the Hobbit but have in LOTR. Legolas, sauramon, Frodo, Gladrial to name a few. the girl who was in the Lovely bones (also directed by jackson) plays Itaril who nevver appeared in the Hobbit. What is it do you think they are adding? I never actually read the Simmilarion (I tried but it was too boring in the beginning) could it be part of that story? I know it has something to so with Sauron and maybe how he created the rings of power?

I am however thrilled with the casting I have seen. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/fullcredits#cast

The guy who plays Thorin was in the BBC Robin Hood Series and I really like him in that. the only thing I would have liked to have seen is John Rhys-Davies as Gloin who is Gimli's father. i think that would have been cool for a "family resemblance" type thing but most movie goer's would probably just think he was Gimli again

49The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:46 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:the only thing I would have liked to have seen is John Rhys-Davies as Gloin who is Gimli's father. i think that would have been cool for a "family resemblance" type thing but most movie goer's would probably just think he was Gimli again

I think with different prosthetic makeup/hair, and JRD is talented enough to do a different voice, no one would even know it was the same person.

I'm still all for it.

50The Hobbit - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hobbit Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I only confused Gimli and Treebeard a couple of times. big grin

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next