The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marvel's Vamp-verse

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Marvel's Vamp-verse on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:20 am

ScarletW

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder
I don't have the right words to explain how I feel about this.

Appropriate emoticon is appropriate: shake my head

View user profile

27 Re: Marvel's Vamp-verse on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:30 am

elijahdprophet

PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster
X-Men #1 (aka The first part of the Vampire story)

Thoughts below
Spoiler:

So it opens with the preview we got previously, of the Vampire in bondage gear walking into the middle of a crowd in San Francisco and opening his shirt so he explodes all over the people there, among them Jubilee.

Jubilee is taken to Utopia where nobody wants to SAY vampire but they are all obviously thinking it. The science gang discover that the vamp's blood contains a manufactured virus meant to infect people on contact rather than through biting.

We find out by following a random bystander that Jubilee seems to be special to the vampire mastermind, and she specifically was the target. Maybe the vamp's think depowered mutants will make extra bad ass vampires?

Wolverine, Pixie and Angel track the scent of the bomber back to a vampire lair where Wolverine chops the head off a lady vamp. This single panel made me realize that someone at Marvel must have realized that watching Wolverine go sick house on robots was getting stale, so they figured vampires were fair game and would give them an excuse to use the surplus of red ink they have in a warehouse somewhere.

The vampire hideout is described as a beachhead, and Cyclops finally is willing to say it, so calls an X-Men war council because "We have a Dracula problem"

I gotta say, it was a pretty cool first issue of the story, and if the Death of Dracula issue had not come out I think this would have been a good opener to what could be a novel event. The obvious White Wolf ripoffery in DoD made me go a big rubbery one, and this should have been the jumping off point.

My favorite moment in the issue though was when Storm wanted to go with the team to look for (whisper)vampires(/whisper) and Cyke and Logan said no because she was once a thrall of Dracula, it was a nice call out to the past continuity.

Overall I think this would have been a great first issue without the Death Of Dracula one shot. It is silly but DOES fit into the insane X-Men history kind of...

Also, props to Marvel for not spoiling the end of Second Coming in the opening pages. It was with great trepidation that I started reading this, worrying that there would be some idiotic throwaway line like "Wasn't that crazy how Hope turned out to be a clone of Nathan and how she turned into the second Moon we now have so she would always be watching over us?" or some shit.

View user profile

28 Re: Marvel's Vamp-verse on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:45 pm

X-Men #1

To start I should say its been a while since I followed the X-books, but last week I bought the Death of Dracula on a whim an loved it so I decided to give this a shot. I have to say im pleasantly surprised that I liked this. I will say if I hadnt read Death of Dracula I wouldnt have enjoyed this so much. It really feels like the second issue of a arc instead of a debut issue for a new series. All that aside I think the creative team did a good on this one, and I have to say I like Medina's art.

While not perfect, this issue wasnt bad and I guess im back reading an X-book.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum