Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+39
Demonweasel
TENIME_art
supervenom
Denim
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Toothgrinder
MillionDollarGeek
elijahdprophet
Tripper McGee
Batman25JM
blue halo
Rath99
Chi-Town Spidey
jaydee74
Sci-Fi
Joshua
melvinlikechris
superdoug
TheUncannyJim
Z-R0E
Lantern Lite
FroZen
Topcat
rwe1138
slacker jedi
Debaser77
Steel Rose
Esbat
Silent K
DrStrangematter
krpykrwly
shining knight
Ska
Justin
Metal Misfit
Administrator
Mnemosis
Foxy
Lee
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 40]

501The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Knize wins for reading my mind; worst comic book movie post X-men is absolutely Spider-man 3. Catwoman, Elektra, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and Ghost Rider are all awful, but there was no precedence for them to be great. Spider-man 3 came from two good movies and was still one of the worst movies ever.

Taken from my initial thoughts after seeing the movie:
-Bernard is a cock. He could have saved Harry and Peter a lot of misery if I'd opened up his miserable gob two movies ago.

-The entire symbiote thread of the movie is tacked on and pointless. No explanations for anything. And how did Venom learn so much about every single character? He knew about Flint's daughter, he knew about freakin' SPIDEY-SENSE, which are words that haven't even been uttered in the movies (that I recall). I guess you could argue that it was the symbiote that knew, but the movie could have maybe explained that (and a lot of other stuff) rather than have Dunst sing two songs and Peter go all Saturday Night Fever on us. There were repeated instances in the movie where they'd do something and not explain the how's and why's of it.

-The score was awful. Even Superman Returns had good music. Outside of the two times we got to hear Elfman's main theme, Christopher Young's score sounded like music out of bad Saturday morning cartoons.

-The way-too obvious foreshadowing of Harry saying he'd die for his friends. So of course we knew he was going to die. And the amnesia thing? More Deus Ex Machina to the rescue!

-No character development whatsoever. Three new characters, and Harry basically as a new character and not a single one of them was developed at all. When Sandman and Peter were crying together at the end I thought they were going to go out for drinks and have some makeup-sex. And Sandman's farewell? How can anyone watch that with a straight face? (But then, how can anyone watch most of this movie with a straight face?) Gwen had about three lines, which is a shame, because she was so amazing onscreen that she made Dunst look like a drowned rat.

-The really lame pose in front of the flag, coupled with the cheesy crowd reactions (that guy clapping and the wicked cool kids) had me rolling my eyes. The newscast was really retarded. During the third act, I found myself yawning as much as I was laughing because who could give a crap among all the ham?

-All the really retarded smartass kids, like the girl who was price gouging.

-Bruce Campbell was awesome, as was the kid who told spidey not to kiss Gwen.

I'm sure there's more, but I'm running on four hours of sleep.

This is definitely one of the worst comic movies ever.

Two years ago, and I'm still upset at what an atrocious movie it was.

502The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:I'm choking trying to stifle my laughter after this:

"Isn't that ironic, getting anally raped by a bum?"
*five seconds of silence, followed by raucous laughter*

The silence really sold that one. Great job, fellas.

Probably Top 5 PoP!-Cast moments ever.

503The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aw, why you guys gotta' hate on Hulk? I think it's one of the top 10 best comic book movies ever,

504The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:Aw, why you guys gotta' hate on Hulk? I think it's one of the top 10 best comic book movies ever,

Hulk directed by Ang Lee sounds like a high-concept SNL skit.

505The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:35 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh shit, I forgot about Superman Returns. It and Spider-man 3 are constantly in battle for being my most hated comic book movie.

506The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:46 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Joshua wrote:
The silence really sold that one.
You can almost hear the gears turning in our brains.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

507The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Oh shit, I forgot about Superman Returns. It and Spider-man 3 are constantly in battle for being my most hated comic book movie.

Superman Returns!!
I don't care for Spider-man 3 but at least there is a fight scene in it

508The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:23 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hearing Knize's "Turtle Power" ringtone makes me feel like I'm back in Chicago. Good times.

509The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:Hearing Knize's "Turtle Power" ringtone makes me feel like I'm back in Chicago. Good times.

Ha! You could hear that? Must've been Tripper or Sheena wub

Or T-Matt's mom.

510The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Silent K wrote:
Joshua wrote:Hearing Knize's "Turtle Power" ringtone makes me feel like I'm back in Chicago. Good times.

Or T-Matt's mom.

If it was Mattz mom there would have been some fapping noises to accompany it.

511The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Silent K wrote:
shining knight wrote:I've seen your bills....my money looks 200 times better we got charles dickens and the queen who the fuck do you have Laughing Wink

Seriously? Charles Dickens?

We've got John Grisham on the $5.

And Stephen King on the $20.

Knize. In me. Now.

shining knight wrote:sorry wrong charles its the monkey man himself charles darwin well on the english one anyway this is whos on what note

GBP 5 Queen Elizabeth II Elizabeth Fry Social reformer

GBP 10 Queen Elizabeth II Charles Darwin Scientist

GBP 20 (Series E (2000)) Queen Elizabeth II Edward Elgar Composer

GBP 20 (Series F (2007)) Queen Elizabeth II Adam Smith Economist

GBP 50 Queen Elizabeth II John Houblon First Governor of the Bank of England

on scotland however....

GBP 5 Robert Burns vignette of mouse and rose
GBP 10 Mary Slessor vignette of Nigeria and missionary work
GBP 20 Robert the Bruce vignette of Bruce, Wallace, Stirling Castle
GBP 50 Adam Smith vignette of 18th century engineering and agriculture
GBP 100 Lord Kelvin Kelvin's university lecture room

Seriously... what the fuck is wrong with Europe?

Silent K wrote:

XD I couldn't be happier with how that all unfolded.

DeathByChickFlix wrote:
Silent K wrote:

Or T-Matt's mom.

If it was Mattz mom there would have been some fapping noises to accompany it.

Whereas had it been you, we just would've heard some Lonely Island...

512The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:

If it was from me, it probably went a little something like this: "I'm stoned! You guys are funny! ;}"

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

513The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Tripper McGee wrote:
Silent K wrote:

If it was from me, it probably went a little something like this: "I'm stoned! You guys are funny! ;}"

Probably. Laughing

514The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:29 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The end of the year you really need to do a best of popcast which just has all the best bits edited together you would have an entire show Laughing

515The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:57 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

If you wanna cut it together, we'd be happy to take the week off tongue

That is a pretty cool idea, though. I've thought about it, but marking the bits and getting them together would be a MASSIVE undertaking.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

516The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:27 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm definatly thinking of doing something special once i've got a stockpile of pop comics done so watch this space

(I need to get a life)

517The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:28 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Weekly e-mail sent boys

518The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:06 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Well I definitely know I'm missing tonight's edition. They got me on a 5 to 12 shift. Bloody first day of the month. Along with Tax Free Day. Its like Thanksgiving and Christmas came early and combined or something.

519The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:34 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Totally stoked about the PoP!Cast tonight, gentlemen!

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

520The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Gonna be talking again Tripper?

521The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:38 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

The new show is in the iTunes feed, but I won't be able to post it until this afternoon. No worries. All is well.

522The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Loved the intro music this week. wub

523The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:47 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I hate that I missed the live show. Gracie has been nodding off at around 11:30 the last couple of nights. I think the in-laws are giving her Pixie Sticks when we're not looking.

Loved the Disney talk. I will be searching out a MODUCK picture post haste. Lee's Owen Wilson impression was GOLD.

You know someone's working on a Namor / Ariel Hentai pic right now.

524The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:49 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Right... someone... guilty

525The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:09 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Owen's getting lots of love Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum