Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wonder Woman's new costume

+21
LordD3r3k
ScarletW
tstrike99
alucardbarnivous
Administrator
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
DickGrayson007
Foreigner_Man
Spazzy
joegavilan
comicgeekelly
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Bigtymin504
BlueMaxx
Denim
Spider_Fan14
Sapphire Gypsy
Batman25JM
jaydee74
G_Zatara
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:28 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:The new costume actually made the news over here.

Not surprising. Despite what people may think of her comics, Wonder Woman is by far the most recognizable female superhero.

Yeah the Lynda Carter 70s TV show is what did it. Overall this was a really smart move by DC to get some buzz around the character again.

52Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:26 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have seen people tweak the new costume around and I think these are much better:

Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 WW2011

Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Crave-thurs

53Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:39 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

54Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:53 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:I have seen people tweak the new costume around and I think these are much better:

Now that one I like!

55Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

there are worse things that could have happened if you think about it

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

56Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I have seen people tweak the new costume around and I think these are much better:

Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Crave-thurs

The first one if fine, but the second one is pointless. It's way too similar to the original costume which they were trying to get away from because of the whole "how does she fight in that?" thing.

I know I'm still in the minority, but I do like the new costume. Is it kinda 90s? Yes. But I love a lot of the 90s designs. Is it similar to Black Canary's costume? Yes. However, I love BC.

57Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:11 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:The first one if fine, but the second one is pointless. It's way too similar to the original costume which they were trying to get away from because of the whole "how does she fight in that?" thing.

Wouldn't the jacket be more restrictive and a grabbing hazard?

58Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:14 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Yeah, but it's got pockets and zippers and sleeves and stuff. Y'know, for like, doing jacket-type stuff. Very versatile.

lame

59Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:The first one if fine, but the second one is pointless. It's way too similar to the original costume which they were trying to get away from because of the whole "how does she fight in that?" thing.

Wouldn't the jacket be more restrictive and a grabbing hazard?

I don't know how restrictive the jacket would be, I don't think it would be too bad. I don't really think the grabbing hazard matters. I mean wouldn't Superman and Batman's capes be grabbing hazards?

The main thing they were talking about in how she fights in the old costume is how does she fight in it without things flopping around or falling out.

60Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:19 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:how does she fight in it without things flopping around or falling out.

I think i'm going to need a visual aid to really get what you mean Laughing Wink

61Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Batman25JM wrote:
The main thing they were talking about in how she fights in the old costume is how does she fight in it without things flopping around or falling out.
When JMS wraps up his run in a few years down the road, he'll use the new status quo to bring her back to the old costume and finally reveal that her natural Amazonian powers keep her breasts at bay.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

62Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:51 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I don't know how restrictive the jacket would be, I don't think it would be too bad. I don't really think the grabbing hazard matters. I mean wouldn't Superman and Batman's capes be grabbing hazards?

We've seen those capes be grabbing hazards, even as recent as in Morrison's run, but at least Batman's serves as a functional tool such as being heat resistant.

I'm certainly giving this new direction a chance, but at the moment the jacket just seems out of place.

63Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sugah, ah'm gonna need mah jacket back.

Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Rogue1

64Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I don't know how restrictive the jacket would be, I don't think it would be too bad. I don't really think the grabbing hazard matters. I mean wouldn't Superman and Batman's capes be grabbing hazards?

We've seen those capes be grabbing hazards, even as recent as in Morrison's run, but at least Batman's serves as a functional tool such as being heat resistant.

I'm certainly giving this new direction a chance, but at the moment the jacket just seems out of place.

Yeah, we have seen them as grabbing hazards, but I just don't think it matters. How many heroes in movies have worn jackets while fighting? Also, long hair is a grabbing hazard and she's had that since she was created.

65Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:11 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So now that JMS is giving her a more "street" vibe, does anyone else fear he may dumb down her abilities as well? Because that would be a shame.

66Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:54 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So far, I feel like JMS has "Marvel-ized" Wonder Woman. Maybe my opinion will change once I read a few issues but I just don't know. I've got questions. Lots of them.

1. What is Wonder Woman's status with the DCU?
2. Is she still considered a founding member of the JLA?
3. What is Hippolyta's history with the JSA?
4. What is the relationship between Diana and Donna Troy?
5. How does Cassie Sandsmark (Wonder Girl) fit into everything?

I do hope that JMS will touch on these questions.

67Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:08 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:So far, I feel like JMS has "Marvel-ized" Wonder Woman. Maybe my opinion will change once I read a few issues but I just don't know. I've got questions. Lots of them.

1. What is Wonder Woman's status with the DCU?
2. Is she still considered a founding member of the JLA?
3. What is Hippolyta's history with the JSA?
4. What is the relationship between Diana and Donna Troy?
5. How does Cassie Sandsmark (Wonder Girl) fit into everything?

I do hope that JMS will touch on these questions.

I'm sure most of these things will be touched on. I can't see him changing her origin and destroying Themyscira without showing how it's affecting things

68Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, you never know with the companies. When we have gotten reasons for things like "It's Magic" and "Superboy Prime punched a wall", you never know what kind of excuses you might get.

69Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:11 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote: and "Superboy Prime punched a wall"

Man, I really hate this comment. Sorry, but this scene has been used so out of context it's ridiculous.

But, I know what you're saying. I guess the difference here is that the OMD 'it's magic' scenario was heavily forced by editorial, whereas here he's been given room to explore.

70Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:20 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope so. Part of what I love about Wonder Woman is her Greek Mythology roots. If you never read George Perez's run on Wonder Woman, I highly recommend it. It's like a superhero version of "Clash of the Titans". You get superhero action from Wonder Woman with the Greek G-ds playing a role in the background. It's in my opinion the benchmark to all other Wonder Woman stories.

71Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:24 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I hope so. Part of what I love about Wonder Woman is her Greek Mythology roots. If you never read George Perez's run on Wonder Woman, I highly recommend it. It's like a superhero version of "Clash of the Titans". You get superhero action from Wonder Woman with the Greek G-ds playing a role in the background. It's in my opinion the benchmark to all other Wonder Woman stories.

That's exactly what I'd love to see in Wonder Woman instead of every new arc exploring "who she is". There are SO many things they can do with her mythology roots that it baffles me they hardly ever go there. Do you remember any names of the arcs in particular to check out?

72Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:18 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The George Perez run on Wonder Woman is collected in four trades. I don't think he did a whole lot since he did both writing and drawing duties but it's worth getting. The Greek G-ds have a great role in the book and they use a lot of Mythology in the stories and the art is.....well, it's George Perez! Wink

73Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:05 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:The George Perez run on Wonder Woman is collected in four trades. I don't think he did a whole lot since he did both writing and drawing duties but it's worth getting. The Greek G-ds have a great role in the book and they use a lot of Mythology in the stories and the art is.....well, it's George Perez! Wink

Alrighty then, I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks!

74Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:25 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Volumes are:

G-ds and Mortals
Challenge of the G-ds
Beauty and the Beasts
Destiny Calling

75Wonder Woman's new costume - Page 3 Empty Re: Wonder Woman's new costume Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:27 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:The Volumes are:

G-ds and Mortals
Challenge of the G-ds
Beauty and the Beasts
Destiny Calling

Excellent. Thanks buddy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]